Sign in to follow this  
SM

David Strihavka

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Cluck "]You really are stunningly naive aren''t you? At least three players you''d never heard of until we signed them...and what little you do know of them now gleaned from the internet.

Cureton is 31 and no replacement for Earnshaw....and Marshall is keeper who couldn''t get a game up North. Remind me to sell you some of the crap from my house move...as I''m sure you''d take it if I wrote "rubbish" on it.

Lame in the extreme........[/quote]
Why is Cureton no replacement for Earnshaw?

Let''s take a pure goalscoring perspective:
Cureton - 45 games for Col U, 25 goals = Avg of a goal every 1.8 games
Earnie - 47 games for us, 27 goals = Avg of a goal every 1.74 games

Wow! What a difference there...

Cureton is a team player, Earnie is a one-man team...

Aside from the obvious age difference, Cureton is a very respectable replacement, and the added funds from the transfers will enable Grant to make overall team improvements.

As for the Marshall comment, yes, it''s clearly dead easy to get regular first team football in front of an International keeper who''s drawn interest from some of the largest clubs in the world such as A.C.Milan. What''s Marshall playing at?

I guess you think Cudicini is also a pile of crap for being unable to displace Petr Cech from the Chelsea side?

As for making comments about players that have never been heard of, why do you presume that your ignorance is held by all other posters on the boards?

It really is about time that you started to realise that the rest of us are truly not the bunch of ignorant, braindead, incompetents that you regularly suggest we are, purely on the grounds that we disagree with your viewpoint.

Perhaps if you put something well structured and justified together in your responses, you''d get more people to listen to your views, but instead you prefer to label everyone who disagrees as "Sheep", and simply dismiss their opinions as "Lame" or "Naive".

Hardly convincing retorts are they?

[/quote]

If Cureton is a perfect replacement for Earnie then you have to ask yourself why Derby didn''t go for Cureton (the cheaper option)

The plain truth is that Earnie (25) is a proven goal scorer at all levels and an obvious bargain at £3.5 million. While Jamie Cureton (31) has played most of his carreer at a level below the Championship. If we paid a reported £800,000 for him why are so many people disappointed with this deal?

Derby have invested their money in somebody that will give them a nice return when he moves on, while Jamies next step will be either retirement or Kings Lynn.

Not hard to see who got the crap end of this deal is it?

The suggestion from a couple of the czechs I''ve got replies from is that he won''t be an adequate replacement for Robert Earnshaw.  I''d argue that Cureton is (for the next couple of seasons) that replacement, with Strihavka offering a target man option.  At 6 foot 3, he''s a decent size, and from what I''ve been told, is quick too.

[quote]So we are all going overboard about a forward who scored 13 goals last season and prior to that scored about 2 goals per season...[/quote]

I think you''re missing the point Smudger, he''s a young, and no doubt ambitious player with the potential to improve, as he has already done, who could well become an effective cog in our machine.  Who had heard of Iwelumo before his partnership with Cureton last season ?  Maybe Strihavka can be our Iwelumo, surely you''d like us to have another "big man" option ?

Which striker would you buy Smudger ?

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Peter Grants Tartan Army"]

Hang On,

It''s usually smudger and all his moaning mates that critisize the club for poor scouting, and no real finds. But hey presto, when we''re credibly linked with what looks to be a decent player, we''ve scouted from abroad, you decide he''s no good because we haven''t heard of him.

[/quote]

Why does he look a decent player?

What do you know about him?

Nothing do you???

[/quote]

He is a great forward and an excellent potential signing. Bring him on!!!!!!     

[/quote]

mods why do I have to post this twice???   What was wrong with the first version????

THEFUTUREISDIM why do you state that he is an excellent potential signing when you know nothing about the guy?

You wonder why people like myself and Cluck call you fools and you give us ammunition like this to fire at you!!!

Why is he a great forward? 

Have you seen him play?  Does he have a craking scoring record?

I think you will find the answer to both of those questions is a resounding.... NO

You probably don''t even know what the guy looks like do you?

Yet it seems many Norwich fans are already hanging their play-of hopes on this guy... PATHETIC!!!!

Celia, I''m considering nominating you for a knighthood, for services to care in the community with all the dribble and bilge you have to sift through.  Can''t be easy dealing with an infinite number of monkeys and typewriters.

Smudger,

[quote]

Have you seen him play? 

[/quote]

Coming from someone who says he hasn''t seen Norwich play for 2 seasons.

Oh the irony.

[quote] Does he have a cracking scoring record?[/quote]

Before last season no.  Last season 13 goals in 28 matches.  But it''s irrelevant because the czech league and the championship are probably incomparable. 

Is not seeing a player play a reason to write him off ?

Although having said no panotmimes, it does occur to me that there is immense possibility for a Norwich City panto/pantos - who would play what role? Could we blend Aladdin with Mother Goose - and who would be Mother Goose? Titter ye not.

I''ve had a lovely weekend, and I''m about to sign off - but enjoy.

Celia

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Celia, I''m considering nominating you for a knighthood, for services to care in the community with all the dribble and bilge you have to sift through.  Can''t be easy dealing with an infinite number of monkeys and typewriters.

Smudger,

[quote]

Have you seen him play? 

[/quote]

Oh the irony.

Before last season no.  Last season 13 goals in 28 matches.  But it''s irrelevant because the czech league and the championship are probably incomparable. 

[/quote]

Just take this post here as a prime example Celia!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Peter Grants Tartan Army"]

Hang On,

It''s usually smudger and all his moaning mates that critisize the club for poor scouting, and no real finds. But hey presto, when we''re credibly linked with what looks to be a decent player, we''ve scouted from abroad, you decide he''s no good because we haven''t heard of him.

[/quote]

Why does he look a decent player?

What do you know about him?

Nothing do you???

[/quote]

Ok, no i can''t guarentee he''s a decent player, he could be a flop.

But your point is invalid really, because you know nothing about him ,never heard of him and you are saying he won''t be any good.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

Smudger,

[quote]

Have you seen him play? 

[/quote]

Oh the irony.

[/quote]

Just take this post here as a prime example Celia!!!

[/quote]

Yet more editing I see... why was the above post allowed?

Please explain!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

hahaha give me strength we are going for some two bob bit nobody and you lot are all getting excited...

Even Google and Youtube have never heard of this new NCFC striking superstar... that''s how good he is!!!

My oh my how easily you lot are pleased!!!

[/quote]I thought fans always got excited about new players known or unknown. Proper fans that is. Again this excuse for a football fan makes a mockery of the term support.

Thank god we are finally looking at players outside of our little country... sounds a promising and not a overly expensive player.... some of the targets that we have been linked with are just overpriced and/or overrated..!!

I think it is pretty sad that the players that have arrived at the club this summer are being lambasted by some fans already?? He could be the next Georgi Hristov or he could be the next Rasiak.  I am pleased we at least are looking towards the foreign markets and the bargains they have to offer.  British players are overpriced and overrated.

As I have already said, who does smudge and co want us to sign??  Nugent and Koumas perhaps???......

"You really are stunningly naive aren''t you?"Pot, Kettle...... ever hear of sarcasm? You could drive a ocean liner through the middle of that  defense and we all know it

[quote user="ricardo"]If Cureton is a perfect replacement for Earnie then you have to ask yourself why Derby didn''t go for Cureton (the cheaper option)

The plain truth is that Earnie (25) is a proven goal scorer at all levels and an obvious bargain at £3.5 million. While Jamie Cureton (31) has played most of his carreer at a level below the Championship. If we paid a reported £800,000 for him why are so many people disappointed with this deal?

Derby have invested their money in somebody that will give them a nice return when he moves on, while Jamies next step will be either retirement or Kings Lynn.

Not hard to see who got the crap end of this deal is it?[/quote]

Ricardo, you also have to look at the position of each of the clubs.

At this level, I would say that there isn''t much between Earnie and Cureton. Whereas Cureton is truly unproven in the premiership, so as a club in the premier with money to spend, do you sign the guy with the proven record for 3.5 million, or the guy who could perform but it''s a gamble for £750k? Not a tough choice for them.

As for why people are disappointed with the deal, I couldn''t speak for others, but the main issue seems to be regarding the release clause price. Most didn''t mind Earnie leaving, but wanted £5 million or more for him. So in essence, it wasn''t Earnie the player they minded losing, it was Earnie the Cash Cow...

Derby have invested their money in a player likely to give them a fair return, but as for us, we''ve invested in a player who was the top scorer in our league last season, and is pretty much guaranteed to give his all to help us succeed. His next step may well be retirement or non-league obscurity, but if he helps us get promotion in the process does it matter?Personally, I don''t think either of us got the crap end of the deal, as I think both clubs got a good deal. Derby got the player they wanted, and we got a replacement for the player sold, along with the finances to allow us to strengthen other parts of the squad that need it.Basically, Earnie''s move has paid for Cureton, Marshall, and Strihavka (if he signs), and still leaves us approx £1 million in change, how is this the crap end of the deal?

[quote user="Smudger"][

Yet more editing I see... why was the above post allowed? [/quote]

Ever thought that if the mods didn''t have to waste all their time editing and deleting your posts Smudger they could get on with other jobs much quicker!!!!

"As I have already said, who does smudge and co want us to sign??  Nugent and Koumas perhaps???......"Me too. But as ever he and Cluck show their naivity by failing to name realistic prospects i.e.Players we can affordPlayers who are better than the ones we haveAre availableWant to come to NorfolkIt aint a big list I have to tell you.....

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half"]"As I have already said, who does smudge and co want us to sign??  Nugent and Koumas perhaps???......"

Me too. But as ever he and Cluck show their naivity by failing to name realistic prospects i.e.

Players we can afford
Players who are better than the ones we have
Are available
Want to come to Norfolk

It aint a big list I have to tell you.....
[/quote]

sorry mate but i think you will find that the frustration comes from the fact that if the past few seasons the club had been run better the likes of Nugent and Koumas would of walked to this club. Well at least we signed Cureton so all must be well at CR. Wakey wakey.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Even Google and Youtube have never heard of this new NCFC striking superstar... that''s how good he is!!!

[/quote]I have just typed "David Strihavka+footballer" into google and the search engine provided me with nearly 400 hits. Never heard of this new NCFC striking superstar - my arse! Do you have problems with simple tasks like making an internet search, or do you just make it up as you go along, Smudge?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"][

Ever thought that if the mods didn''t have to waste all their time editing and deleting your posts Smudger they could get on with other jobs much quicker!!!!

[/quote]

This is a public message board and there should be no bias allowed towards any poster or the contents of their post, unless it is truly unacceptable.

I''ve found a lot of my posts deleted recently. The reason given? "No reason"

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

This is a public message board and there should be no bias allowed towards any poster or the contents of their post, unless it is truly unacceptable.

[/quote]

I have to disagree here - if a poster has been found to consistantly producing posts that require moderating then the mods will naturally pay more attention to their posts as they are considered more likely to contain unsuitable content.

there should be no bias against unoffensive, non-libelous content however. (Bias against stuff that archant could be sued for is OK).

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half"]"As I have already said, who does smudge and co want us to sign??  Nugent and Koumas perhaps???......"

Me too. But as ever he and Cluck show their naivity by failing to name realistic prospects i.e.

Players we can afford
Are available
Want to come to Norfolk

[/quote]

sorry mate but i think you will find that the frustration comes from the fact that if the past few seasons the club had been run better the likes of Nugent and Koumas would of walked to this club. Well at least we signed Cureton so all must be well at CR. Wakey wakey.

[/quote]

I was under the impression the club signed Robert Earnshaw for £2.7 million plaus add ons and the previous manager declared he was not interested in a bad egg like Jason Koumas and instead spent £550,000 on Andrew Hughes??

I agree the club has been run poorly, from teh top down through the management.  But hopefully that will change. If Grunt can prove himself and the Turners bring some ambition to our backwards boardroom then maybe we now have a chance.

I would like to see some of the rest of the dross from the last managers tenure sold on and a new side moulded to help us climb out of this league.

funnily enough i Currently hve a game running on Fm2007 in the czech leagues, and whilst its a game its pretty much spot on with its descriptions of most players.. Strihavka seems a handy player, not blessed with pace and from reports i have seen online (and through playing the game.. lol) he is excellent in the air and fairly physically strong... sounds a lot like Iwan Roberts.

could do well for us... lets hope he signs!

jas :)

Obviously can''t judge before seeing him (hopefully our scouts have) but he does sound as though he''s exactly what we''re looking for - I hope he signs for us.  

Players we can afford
Are available
Want to come to Norfolk

[/quote]

Search the archives for what I think...

Maybe I just don''t want to talk to you.... ever thought about that???

[quote user="Ken Aries"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]I have just typed "David Strihavka+footballer" into google and the search engine provided me with nearly 400 hits. Never heard of this new NCFC striking superstar - my arse! Do you have problems with simple tasks like making an internet search, or do you just make it up as you go along, Smudge?[/quote]

What yeah all in Czech language I take it?

What have you gleamed in knowledge about this player from your trawl of these posts then?

I am not saying that he is good, I am not saying that he is bad....

I suggest that you tak the same stance until you know something about the guy!!!

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"][

[/quote]

I''ve found a lot of my posts deleted recently. The reason given? "No reason"

[/quote]

Very true ALEX... finger on the pulse (as always)...

Unless CA saw what was posted on this thread at around 9:30pm yesterday evening and has subsequently been pulled then she should not really be commenting.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Players we can afford
Are available
Want to come to Norfolk

[/quote]

sorry mate but i think you will find that the frustration comes from the fact that if the past few seasons the club had been run better the likes of Nugent and Koumas would of walked to this club.

[/quote]

I was under the impression the club signed Robert Earnshaw for £2.7 million plaus add ons and the previous manager declared he was not interested in a bad egg like Jason Koumas and instead spent £550,000 on Andrew Hughes??

[/quote]

Unfortunatly you can''t look into the future completely, at the time we looked at koumas, he looked like a bad tempered spoilt brat not worth gambling £2m on, but he has improved and gone back to being a great player. As for nugent, he wasn''t up to much when Preston got him, but they got lucky, and something ticked. We need to get lucky and find a bargain like him

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]Rise and shine...... ''mate''

This club is run superbly, cant see it, then I suggest you write to the club and arrange the little PR tour thats availbale - ask for Dawn.....Koumas was and will always be trouble - discussed at length on every forum, and neither he nor Nugent would have been dragged here by Wild Horses under Worthington

[quote user="Smudger"]

Search the archives for what I think...

[/quote]Not bothered what you think if I have to work that hard

[quote user="Smudger"]

Maybe I just don''t want to talk to you.... ever thought about that???

[/quote]Not for a fleeting secondLOL