Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

Sharp has gone back to Sheff U

We''re just waiting to finalise everything," Blades chairman Terry Robinson told BBC RadiO Sheffield.

"There''s a possibility that a couple of players could be going the other way as part of the deal."

Norwich, Sheffield Wednesday and Preston had also made bids for Sharp, 21, who scored 32 goals last season.

Sharp had left Bramall Lane in 2005 after just two substitute appearances to join Scunthorpe, and helped them win the League One title last season.

Robinson added: "We made it known to Billy''s representatives eight weeks ago that we would be interested in bringing him back here.

"Billy''s glad to be back, he knows what we''re about and we hope he''ll score plenty of goals for us."

The log jam has broken.

Expect a quick move for Eastwood now and if that fails, well it''s welcome back Jamie.

Fully expected this but can''t say I''m not disappointed.

Can''t blame the lad, who else wouldnt wait an extra week on deciding your future if you knew the club you have supported all your life has been interested in you for the past 8 weeks. Good luck to him.

Time to snap up cureton and/or Eastwood i think.

How dissappointing. Being a Blades fan and ex player plus with Sheff U having essentially what is a 500k discount (due to previous sell on clauses) this was always going to be the biggest hurdle in signing Mr Sharp.

Oh well - We missed out because he wanted to play for a club that means as much to him as norwich does to us. 

Not because of our board, or our ambition but because he supports the

blades.  Also the Blades have a 25% discount on the fee.

On to Eastwood, Cureton and Riordan as targets then.  At least we can move on now.

Good luck to him.

I did hear from someone who normally doesn''t deal in rumours that Freddy Eastwood and two goalies will join this week,at the moment he is 33% correct let''s hope for more developments.As for Sharp I think we all knew he was waiting for the Blunts to come in for him.

[quote user="7rew"]Oh well - We missed out because he wanted to play for a club that means as much to him as norwich does to us. 

Not because of our board, or our ambition but because he supports the blades.  Also the Blades have a 25% discount on the fee.

On to Eastwood, Cureton and Riordan as targets then.  At least we can move on now.

Good luck to him.

[/quote]

I have no doubts that some certain people will be on here later spouting rubbish that we were never serious in signing him, it was all spin coming from CR to keep us all happy.  I have no complaints, we tried our best but he signed for a club he loves.  If I was in the same position I would have done exactly the same as him.

I''m sure I have read somewhere this week that Watford have already had a bid accepted (1.8 million?) for Eastwood and held talks but he is still waiting to see who else comes in for him.

Maybe then we should ask Sheffield United if they are prepared to let go of Luton Shelton?

He''s much better the Billy Sharp anyway. Just ask Henrik Larrson.

Got to get clever folks.

OTBC

Let''s swipe that young Ian Henderson lad who''s been playin'' for Paul and Barry Chuckle''s, Rotherham.......before he goes to Northampton on a free.........He looks quite good and would walk straight into our side........because he knows his way around having walked up and down our touchline on many an occasion.

See, I know loads about footy, me........[8-|] Mello, Neil Doncaster''s personal PA.........allegedly.[8-)]

I can handle Sharp wanting to play for the club he supports (although i''m sure there will be questions asked at Bramall Lane as to why he was allowed to go for 100k 2 years ago).

,but for christ''s sake when situations arise where players want to play for us take advantage of it !!

Just stop pi55ing about and go and get Cureton and Sutton, as it would appear that unless any players happen to have an emotional attachment to Norwich City that my fears that Peter Grant just hasn''t got the pulling power in the transfer market are being realised.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Let''s swipe that young Ian Henderson lad who''s been playin'' for Paul and Barry Chuckle''s, Rotherham.......before he goes to Northampton on a free.........He looks quite good and would walk straight into our side........because he knows his way around having walked up and down our touchline on many an occasion.

See, I know loads about footy, me........[8-|] Mello, Neil Doncaster''s personal PA.........allegedly.[8-)]

[/quote]

LOL [:D]

You''re posts are great Mello, they really help brighten this board up!

Can fully understand him going where his heart is--to most of us it''s not a big suprise is it ?---hopefully our lot have been expecting this as well and have quick plans in place to act on Eastwood and Jamie----two players who may display the same passion for wanting to play here as Sharpe for Sheff----------------Go get them Granty !!

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Yep, was just going to post this.

Time to move on to Plan B...or D. If we have one.

[/quote]

He was plan B, Varney was A.

I think though it has been clear for a while that Sharp was not coming.  Grants comments earlier in the week pretty much confirmed this.  If he was going to sign, he would have signed last week. What I find annoying about it all is that he never said no.  At least Darren Bent had the balls to tell West Ham he didn''t want to join.

I imagine another call to Southend (Plan C) will be made now then finally Colchester (Plan D).  We need to move quickly whoever it is as the transfer market seems to be hotting up now with several clubs seemingly interested in the same players.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

I can handle Sharp wanting to play for the club he supports (although i''m sure there will be questions asked at Bramall Lane as to why he was allowed to go for 100k 2 years ago).

,but for christ''s sake when situations arise where players want to play for us take advantage of it !!

Just stop pi55ing about and go and get Cureton and Sutton, as it would appear that unless any players happen to have an emotional attachment to Norwich City that my fears that Peter Grant just hasn''t got the pulling power in the transfer market are being realised.

[/quote]

Well we''ve got one half, now go and get the other !!!!

He''s not one for making rash decisions is he? He still hasnt signed for Sheff Utd five days after we had given up on him.

has anyone got any updates on this, is he still definatly going to Sheff U or is there any sort of hope of us getting him

There is no doubt in my mind, Sheff Utd are trying to get him on the cheap because they know they made a mistake selling him so cheaply in the first place!

I have heard of a colleague at work that his move is reliant on them being re-instated into the Premiership.

Dont ask me what source he got this from so cannot vouch for its reliability.

[quote user="Rob Henry"]

I have heard of a colleague at work that his move is reliant on them being re-instated into the Premiership.

Dont ask me what source he got this from so cannot vouch for its reliability.

[/quote]

That''s actually quite interesting and could explain the delay in him signing for Sheff Utd and also us not seeming to be making a further bid for Freddie Eastwood.

Perhaps he has told us that Sheff Utd are his first choice (being his home-town club) but he would be more than happy to come to us if they don''t go ahead with the transfer, it certainly seems to be dragging out considering the noises coming out of Bramall lane last week suggested he had virtually signed for them.

Mark .Y.

I dunno. If Premiership likelihood is the stumbling block I reckon he''ll still feel he''s got a better chance of getting there with Shef U than with us. I''m keeping my fingers crossed and hoping, but I''m not feeling positive.