Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Matthew Gilks: An Apology.

A very short while a go I stupidly refered to our new goalkeeper Matthew Gilks as a ''Billy No Mark''. I have felt ashamed of my callous remark since them, it was a childish, ill-informed and a downright nasty post that I had absolutely no right to make.

I can only offer my sincere apologies to Matthew and hope to God that if he does manage to read this, he can find it within himself to forgive an old tw*t and ''Billy No Mark'' of a poster.

Welcome to your new Carrow Road home Matthew....................and the best of luck with your new City career.

Great post Wiz, I am delighted that you are finally going to back Grant and the players for this coming season.

It also took alot of guts to post this, so well done [Y]

Wait for the sarcasmic responses...

Now if only Cluck and Smudge could find it in themselves to be as humble then the content of this site would improve to the benefit of all who want to read with interest both positive and negative views. There are also posters on the site who are well informed and they should be encouraged because much of what they write does turn out to be accurate, not all the time but most.

Like many supporters I live some distance away from Norfolk now but still attend all home matches and a number away so this site is what I use to be informed and yes entertained some times but without wanting to use a word used by the glass half empty brigade some of their negative rantings are bilge and worse insulting to others. I wont repeat the words used in full but if ever there was a case for posts being edited then some of the Smudger and Cluck posts certainly fit that criteria. 

Nice one Wiz! We can look forward to a battle between two good goalkeepers in Marshall and Gilks for that glorious number 1 shirt which in turn enabes Lewis to go out on season long loan. It''s all good.

Still worried about central defence and central midfield though, but i''m sure Grant''s on the case.

1st Wizard wrote the following post at 02/07/2007 9:11 AM:

A very short while a go I stupidly refered to our new goalkeeper Matthew Gilks as a ''Billy No Mark''. I have felt ashamed of my callous remark since them, it was a childish, ill-informed and a downright nasty post that I had absolutely no right to make.

I can only offer my sincere apologies to Matthew and hope to God that if he does manage to read this, he can find it within himself to forgive an old tw*t and ''Billy No Mark'' of a poster.

Welcome to your new Carrow Road home Matthew....................and the best of luck with your new City career.

Takes a big person to say they are wrong.

Well said Wiz, grown up and responsible, I wish I could say the same about a few others, who on many occasions post disrespectfully about other human beings.

[quote user="Shyster"]You are becoming increasingly transparent, 1st Wizard.[/quote]

I knew there would be one or two like you Shyster, and frankly, with my past record who can blame you? I know I don''t! Well thats too bad for me I guess.

When I wrote this I was being 100% totally sincere, but I only need Matthew to read this and believe me once.

It would then have been well worth the effort.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

make your bloody mind up for christs sake.

1 minute you constantly slag off norwich and the board and when they do something that justifys those sort of posts you defend them.

How do you expect people to take you serious? I think some may have been right in the first place when they said you are a wind up merchant.

[quote user="Nigel Tracey"]

make your bloody mind up for christs sake.

1 minute you constantly slag off norwich and the board and when they do something that justifys those sort of posts you defend them.

How do you expect people to take you serious? I think some may have been right in the first place when they said you are a wind up merchant.

[/quote]

By all means have a pop at me NT, but I''d rather hoped a thread expressing apologies and best wishes for Matthew, personal vendettas and point scoring could have been left for some other thread.

Oh, and by the way, in my 4,000  plus posts, I have often praised the club and indeed the board, on many occassions. I''m not going to get into any further debate on this thread, I''ve said my piec and I need not justify my sincerity to anyone else but myself.

[/quote]

Respect Wiz, it takes a big man to do what you just did, if only others on the board could follow your lead

Wiz, while I find you a complete embarrassing wind up most of the time... you''ve the right to admit you''re wrong... and I repect you for it.

I repect the fact that you said "bring in Cureton and I''ll change my opinion", and you''ve stuck to your word. Well done! I''m sure that given a few months we''ll be in disagreement again, but still then... good on ya!

Back the board, back the manager, back your club; Norwich City.

good on ya wiz!

I think you will be pleasently suprised by gilks when he gets his chance, perhaps you might get a look at him in the friendlies or vs Barnet?.. looks like we are getting Marshall but im going to stick my neck out and say in maybe 2 seasons Marshall will be number 2 and Gilks number one....

jas :)

[/quote]

First fair enough for apologising, but this is not the only post where your ideas have switched .

You seem to be seeking appreciation for your comments rather than genuinely meaning it. You cant slate the board etc for weeks one minute then suddenly change your opinion the second we sign cureton.

Its seems more like an attempt to get pinkun users back on your side after p@ssing them off than genuinly meaning anything you say.

I cant take your posts for anything anymore more, its too drastic a u-turn but i hope you get out of it what you wanted. Something about you just does not add up mate.

We all change our minds about things but you went about your rants so strongly now you have completley backtracked, are you really sure of anything you have said? You left thread after thread day after day slagging off the club now its all apologys and roses.

[quote user="Millo"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

First fair enough for apologising, but this is not the only post where your ideas have switched .

You seem to be seeking appreciation for your comments rather than genuinely meaning it. You cant slate the board etc for weeks one minute then suddenly change your opinion the second we sign cureton.

Its seems more like an attempt to get pinkun users back on your side after p@ssing them off than genuinly meaning anything you say.

I cant take your posts for anything anymore more, its too drastic a u-turn but i hope you get out of it what you wanted. Something about you just does not add up mate.

We all change our minds about things but you went about your rants so strongly now you have completley backtracked, are you really sure of anything you have said? You left thread after thread day after day slagging off the club now its all apologys and roses.

[/quote]

Too true MILLO...

I defended him against Cluck last time he done one of his drastic U-turns... never again the guy is a joke!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Millo"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Too true MILLO...

I defended him against Cluck last time he done one of his drastic U-turns... never again the guy is a joke!!!

[/quote]

see smudge this is what i mean about you being small, wiz admitted his mistake again. and yet in your opinion hes making a ''drastic U turn'' so what? hes reconsidered, realised he over reacted and realised Gilks may have potential to do well at CR. why don''t you re-consider some of your comedy posts and make some apologies. might make you a bit bigger smudgey

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Millo"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Too true MILLO...

[/quote]

As you have found out Smudger....I don''t get sucked in by fools.  I still hold nothing against him as he is fully entitled to his views...and that''s the end of the matter. If he chooses to have a pop at me now...bring it on because it really doesn''t matter in the wide scheme of things does it?

[quote user="Polar1990"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Millo"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Too true MILLO...

[/quote]

see smudge this is what i mean about you being small, wiz admitted his mistake again. and yet in your opinion hes making a ''drastic U turn'' so what? hes reconsidered, realised he over reacted and realised Gilks may have potential to do well at CR. why don''t you re-consider some of your comedy posts and make some apologies. might make you a bit bigger smudgey

[/quote]

Let us see what you guys have to say when he re-considers the other way again in a few weeks time shall we?

I ain''t apologising for nothing because quite frankly the people that I have given a little bit to deserve every bit of it and a bit more.

I have in the past apologised to people like Nutty and Maccy D when I have felt like I have been a little out of line...  But if you are waiting for an apology from me on this one then you will be waiting a very long time my friend.

[quote user="Polar1990"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Millo"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Too true MILLO...

[/quote]

[/quote]

And this is why we think you are painfully gullible......

Come on...are you for real?

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Polar1990"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s not often that I agree with Cluck, but I can''t believe how easily some of you are being sucked in here.

Wiz''s main function on this board is to engender debate which means that he often takes the line favoured by the minority. So a few months back when there was virtually no support for protests etc. pretty much all of Wiz''s posts were anti-board. Now the tide has turned a little and many people are upset with the board due to the sale of Earnshaw, Wiz takes a different line. It''s all part of the fun on here, just see how many replies Wiz gets to any thread he starts.

I believe it''s called playing "Devils Avocado".....or something! 

It makes me smile that some of you, including the new WOTB refugees actually think I seek/need their approval and backslapes for posts I write on here.

Jeez!, check my joining date guys, do you really think/believe that it matters to me any longer?. I post for me, and usually for me alone. Whether or not I have any credibilitly, zero or otherwise, worries me not.

But understand this.

Yes, I have changed my stance just recently, I simply had to, I was not prepared to be associated with the latest rabid trend of attacking my club any longer, just to be seen as clever. The same old arguements had become staid, clouded and purile. I will add childish to that list if you like!.

Some of the public attacks on the fans, posters and the club had sunk to a new low, and despite what you think you might believe or heard about me, I''m not going to follow that route. I have only had a pop at those who have singled me out..........but this new trend sickens me.

I have, its true, attacked the club myself in the past, but unlike a few on here I can buck the trend, wise up and change my mind. And no matter what c*ap is directed at me, I shall continue in that veign.

Every insult you hurl my way I''ve heard a 100 times before!, think on that!. You''ve already made your minds up about me anyway, even though some of you have only been here five minutes.....never mind, I still welcome you to a great message board.

But I''m not going to stand by and be quiet while other ''so called fans'' insult my City friends and fellow supporters....I''m just won''t, and I''ll continue to do so...................

With or without your insults and appproval!.

have i missed somethig here? if somebody wants to change thier mind about something thats thier right, even if they want to change thier mind on a daily basis thats their right, i struggle to see why it bothers so many people. This thread has nothing to do with football, people seem more content to carry out petty arguements & point scoring it''s like being back at school in the playground. Some of you need to realise that we''re all city fans and as such should treat eachother with a bit more respect.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Polar1990"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Millo"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Too true MILLO...

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

so cluck, to believe your drivel isn''t being gullible then?

Here''s a thought, maybe 1st Wizard is a realist, who appreciates that some things about NCFC are good, and that others are bad, and that it''s ok to say "I thought this went well, but this wasn''t so good".Anyone who is willing to admit their mistakes is all right in my book.