Sign in to follow this  
LaurieHeartsFan

Julien Brellier - Treat him well please!

Hi there Norwich fans,

Hearts fan here, and also a great fan of your new signing Julien Brellier.   I''m the one who arranged the big "Le Juge" flag to be made up (funded by contributions by other Hearts fans) and I was very, very sad to see him leave.    He is an extremely hardworking player who plays the defensive midfield role superbly.   Not always the greatest passer of the ball and is certainly not an attacking player but with the right management and being played in the right position I believe he will be a fantastic addition to your team.

Anyway if he is doing well I may pop down to Carrow Road at some point and unfurl the flag for the Frenchman, he was always very appreciative and gave our section a wee clap before the game.  Also came over to me after an away game and gave me his shirt as well which was pretty cool!

Anyway good luck for the coming season and I will have an eye on how you get on and in particlar a certain Frenchman.

Laurie

PS.   Here is a photo of the "Le Juge" flag (which incidentally means "The Judge" in French)

[img]http://file010a.bebo.com/large/2006/03/25/00/462295133a471004638b856498355l.jpg[/img]

And a video I made for him last seasonhttp://www.zippyvideos.com/7167468533700536/thejudge/

And a totally classic video! Looks like we might have a new hero on our hands, he looks as hard as nails, lol. [:D] Nice soundtrack - perhaps we should have that for the team to come out to now Le Juge has arrived.[:)]

Maybe we should club together and buy your flag off you :)"Treat him well" - I sincerely hope we do, but being a committed tackler rather than expert passer has not been met with much warmth by some in the past...

having read about him, he sounds a decent signing and i hope he will be as successful here as he was for you.

can we have the flag to help him settle in ??

Thanks mate, I hope you sort out the endless problems Romanov seems to cause as well, does Brellier give away lots of free kicks or is he generally good with the timing of his tackles?  

Cheers Laurie i think we shall.

This speaks highly of "Le Juge" if a Hearts fan takes time out to post on our board.

Good luck to Hearts too next season.

My only worry is that the Carrow Road crowd doesn''t usually take instantly to hard working players. Sometimes, there effort isnt noticed, and if he makes one or two stray passes as you say he is prone too, i''m not sure whether he will become a great favourite.

Sounds good to me though.

There were still a few Brellier sceptics at Tynecastle when he left, mainly because he is a hard tackling player and there will be a few fouls commited by him and I won''t deny he is likely to pick up a few cards as well.   As I say he isn''t a creative player either and I know that doesn''t go down well with some fans - but IMO if you play a creative attacking midfield along side him they compliment each other perfectly and he does the defensive work covering the back four and it allows other players to push forward.   In season 2005/2006 when we finished 2nd it worked fantastically and Brellier allowed Paul Hartley and Rudi Skacel to push up and score more than 30 goals between them from midfield.

I''ll tell you now Brellier isn''t everyone''s cup of tea as he does like a tackle and he isn''t a creative player.  But I''ve always believed every team needs a defensive player in the middle of the park and that''s where Brellier is at his best.

I hope he does settle in at Carrow Road and I hope you see the best of him as he has had a tough time at Hearts and he deserves a chance to get a regular game at a good side.

Looks a great player! the ball winner we have bene missing since Possibly Darel Russell or Holty.

Im excited by this signing and think we will go on to be an all time legend! Might go and get me shirt printed with his name!

"ooh ahh, Brellier, Oooh aahh, ooh aah, ooh ahh Brellier OOOH AHHH Julien Brellier" (to the tune of the french national anthem, utd used to chant it about Cantona)

jas :)

I think he is just the player we need.

If he is 75% as good as advertised I think his defensive duties will ease the pressure on the back 4.

Our major problem for the last few years is we have defended so poorly as a unit.

I am very pleased at the direction that PG is going in.

We need to be a more solid unit.

I expect to see at least 3 more players leave the club and maybe at least 4 more come in.

This is looking more and more like Grants team rather than Worthys.

Thanks for your great posts Laurie, it''s always really good to have some feedback from a new player''s former club, and you obviously rate this guy highly.

Yes, by all means do come along to Carrow Road for a game, and bring the flag with you! 

We are in real need of a no nonsense tackler in midfield so hope to see your old hero in action soon.

OTBC

[quote]if you play a creative attacking midfield along side him they

compliment each other perfectly and he does the defensive work covering

the back four and it allows other players to push forward.   In season

2005/2006 when we finished 2nd it worked fantastically and Brellier

allowed Paul Hartley and Rudi Skacel to push up and score more than 30

goals between them from midfield.[/quote]Sounds exactly what we need with Huckerby on the wing, Safri playmaking (if he stays) and Etuhu going up for corners and getting into goalscoring positions.

Gary Holt reincarnate [:D]. Cool vid btw. And who says we don''t like hard tackles at carrow road? Safri has his own special song, fan group and flag. And Gary Holt was a firm favourite at the club.

Thanks for that-----you flag has already become infamous and many of us are looking forward to welcoming ''''Le Juge '''' to Carrow Rd---I do feel very much that your loss is our gain---just the sort of imposing defender that NCFC has been missing for the last two seasons---Will look forward to seeing your flag at the Rud am sure you and it will recieve a very warm reception---Good Luck for next season certainly hope things pan out for Hearts------------

Makes a refreshing change for someone to come on from a club who''ve just lost a player to us and wish him well. Although I remember the same when Lappin joined us - must be more generous natures north of the border.

How many of us have left good wishes for Earnie on a Derby site? I suspect not many!

"I''m the one who arranged the big "Le Juge" flag to be made up (funded by contributions by other Hearts fans) and I was very, very sad to see him leave."

Can we have the flag, please?[:D] Keep the tradition up and all that.

I''ve not heard much myself about the man but heres to hoping he will indeed be a great addition to NCFC.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

"I''m the one who arranged the big "Le Juge" flag to be made up (funded by contributions by other Hearts fans) and I was very, very sad to see him leave."

I''ve not heard much myself about the man but heres to hoping he will indeed be a great addition to NCFC.

[/quote]

Good call, that would be well cool for him if for his first match, everyone (well i say everyone, a lot of people) has french flags, probably we should have done that for Earnshaw???!?!?!!??

[quote user="Tom NCFC"][quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

[/quote]

Good call, that would be well cool for him if for his first match, everyone (well i say everyone, a lot of people) has french flags, probably we should have done that for Earnshaw???!?!?!!??

[/quote]

why would Earnshaw want french flags?

jas :)

Just hope he doesn''t pick up too many bookings before the Ips**** game...can just see him now taking the ball off that cocky little so-and-so that likes to score against us...and putting him into the hoardings as well!

Flybe down from Edinburgh and you and your flag will be most welcome.

Allez les Jaunes