Sign in to follow this  
kevin brighton

Get The Cluck out of here and wipe out the smudge

I''m reluctant to get into this as there are some entrenched positions.

My view is that I enjoy reading and will happily enter a debate with anyone on a footballing matter. The point for me is not so much what their view is but how they substantiate it.

The problem comes when one appears to be wilfully blind or deaf (or both) to reasoned argument and decries reasonably held points of view. In addition this is exacerbated when everything, of whatever nature, is twisted so as to prove a point. This mantra can be so dogmatic that it eventually becomes self defeating.

That is when matters become personal and can easily get abusive.

If one "side" does not recognise that the other has a point the debate turns into schoolboy "mine''s better than yours" and "your opinion is wrong" type stuff.

Example:

Question: Is the hotel a good thing or a bad thing?

Points in support: The club gets a long term asset and long term income stream for little financial outlay. It diversifies the interests so it is not so reliant on football generated income which can be fickle. It generates visibilty for the club through paying guests who may become interested.

Points against: That space could have been used for corner terracing. It looks ugly. It could show a focus on off field activities at the expense of the football side. It means the stadium will always have that hole there and may lost atmosphere as a result.

Which is right? I don''t know really, but anyone slagging someone else off for holding one view or the other isn''t contributing to the debate, throws doubt on their own views, damages their own credibility and ultimately helps to destroy the exchange of views free of persecution (ie freedom of speech).

Opinions are opinions, neither right nor wrong, just held. It is the reasons why some hold one opinion as opposed to another that is important. I don''t believe that Steve McLaren is the right man for England, but someone who does think so is entitled to have his or her say and to explain why. They do not deserve personal abuse or to be labelled a turnip, a type of animal or some other vegetable produce. Those who dish this out are trolls in internet speak and they do not deserve to be taken seriously or to be heard for they seek to deny others the rights they themselves abuse.

All I know is that ultimately there are good things and bad things about how NCFC is run. It isn''t black and white at all and while we may fall one side of the debate or the other, those who do not share our view at least deserve to be heard in a dignified manner.

Tumbleweed says it best!

this post should be made stickied at the top of the board for all to see!

jas :)

Thanks chaps! What I also meant to say is that this wasn''t aimed at anyone or any group in particular, those "camps" can fight their own battles but it doesn''t get either anywhere in the way that its sometimes conducted.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

I''m reluctant to get into this as there are some entrenched positions.

My view is that I enjoy reading and will happily enter a debate with anyone on a footballing matter. The point for me is not so much what their view is but how they substantiate it.

The problem comes when one appears to be wilfully blind or deaf (or both) to reasoned argument and decries reasonably held points of view. In addition this is exacerbated when everything, of whatever nature, is twisted so as to prove a point. This mantra can be so dogmatic that it eventually becomes self defeating.

That is when matters become personal and can easily get abusive.

If one "side" does not recognise that the other has a point the debate turns into schoolboy "mine''s better than yours" and "your opinion is wrong" type stuff.

Example:

Question: Is the hotel a good thing or a bad thing?

Points in support: The club gets a long term asset and long term income stream for little financial outlay. It diversifies the interests so it is not so reliant on football generated income which can be fickle. It generates visibilty for the club through paying guests who may become interested.

Points against: That space could have been used for corner terracing. It looks ugly. It could show a focus on off field activities at the expense of the football side. It means the stadium will always have that hole there and may lost atmosphere as a result.

Which is right? I don''t know really, but anyone slagging someone else off for holding one view or the other isn''t contributing to the debate, throws doubt on their own views, damages their own credibility and ultimately helps to destroy the exchange of views free of persecution (ie freedom of speech).

Opinions are opinions, neither right nor wrong, just held. It is the reasons why some hold one opinion as opposed to another that is important. I don''t believe that Steve McLaren is the right man for England, but someone who does think so is entitled to have his or her say and to explain why. They do not deserve personal abuse or to be labelled a turnip, a type of animal or some other vegetable produce. Those who dish this out are trolls in internet speak and they do not deserve to be taken seriously or to be heard for they seek to deny others the rights they themselves abuse.

All I know is that ultimately there are good things and bad things about how NCFC is run. It isn''t black and white at all and while we may fall one side of the debate or the other, those who do not share our view at least deserve to be heard in a dignified manner.

[/quote]

Good post Tumbleweed...but I gave up trying to debate on here ages ago and "signed off" because of the purile mentality shown by the various petty factions...and because I had better things to do than bang my head against the wall.  I have always had strong views....but generally speaking I''ve not been able to air them politely because of the constant childish brickbats...much more akin to the playground. In the end it all becomes a game....and that''s what I play.

I came back only because I could see what the "pack on" mentality was doing to those who dared stick their head up above the parapet...with the sole aim of giving them back some of what they were dishing out.  Needless to say they didn''t like it......and so ensues a battle of words. I can never resist a bullying mob....and will hang about for as long as I choose...or until such time as those who wish for total control of opinion get me "blocked".  Wouldn''t that be a strike for freedom?...but do I give a monkeys?

I really have no wish to discuss football/club matters with anyone on here in this incarnation as there is no point....but I will continue to defend and support those who have the courage to do so....as an individual. Throw what you like in this direction....but be prepared to get the same (or rather more) back in return.  What''s good for the goose and all that!.........

If someone calls you "fatso" when you are underweight...where is the insult?  If someone calls you a "sheep" when it doesn''t apply...equally where is the insult?  Maybe it just catches a nerve somewhere that they choose not to look.

[quote]I really have no wish to discuss football/club matters with anyone on here in this incarnation as there is no point.[/quote]As this forum is "all abuot football", is there any point in you being here then ?I think this is a shame, I would like to know what you think of Brelliers'' free transfer.

[quote user="Cluck "]

Good post Tumbleweed...but I gave up trying to debate on here ages ago and "signed off" because of the purile mentality shown by the various petty factions...and because I had better things to do than bang my head against the wall.  I have always had strong views....but generally speaking I''ve not been able to air them politely because of the constant childish brickbats...much more akin to the playground. In the end it all becomes a game....and that''s what I play.

I came back only because I could see what the "pack on" mentality was doing to those who dared stick their head up above the parapet...with the sole aim of giving them back some of what they were dishing out.  Needless to say they didn''t like it......and so ensues a battle of words. I can never resist a bullying mob....and will hang about for as long as I choose...or until such time as those who wish for total control of opinion get me "blocked".  Wouldn''t that be a strike for freedom?...but do I give a monkeys?

I really have no wish to discuss football/club matters with anyone on here in this incarnation as there is no point....but I will continue to defend and support those who have the courage to do so....as an individual. Throw what you like in this direction....but be prepared to get the same (or rather more) back in return.  What''s good for the goose and all that!.........

If someone calls you "fatso" when you are underweight...where is the insult?  If someone calls you a "sheep" when it doesn''t apply...equally where is the insult?  Maybe it just catches a nerve somewhere that they choose not to look.

[/quote]

Unbelievable how you can come on here claiming to be the arbiter of fair and reasonable debate. When a typical response from you reads like this:[quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="a1canary"]I can''t believe all this squealing that''s going on over Earnshaw. Talk about hysteria!We''ve

had plenty of posts saying we should sell him and plenty have said if

we can replace him with two of Sharp/Eastwood/Cureton etc then they''d

be ok with that. Yet when he goes all hell breaks loose. Yes the fee is

disappointing but if you were Worthington and the board on deadline day

last January, and we were where we were in the league back then, we

were on the verge of signing him but he was holding back on the release

clause, the vast majority would have let him have that clause. And i''m

sorry but you can''t seriously sit there and say otherwise. But, lets play Sliding Doors for a second though, just to appease you. Suppose

that Cluck, Smudger, Fram, Jas and co were on the board, (heaven help

us), and had blocked the transfer of Earnie from WBA because of that

clause. Now stop, and THINK for 1 second what the consequence of that

would have been.  It was deadline day. Wizard was jumping up and down

as usual that we had not signed anyone of consequence. Without

Earnshaw, there is little doubt that we''d be in League 1 right now. 

Then suppose it got out that we were seconds away form signing Earnshaw

on transfer deadline day but our CLUELESS board blocked it because of a

poxy little clause that allowed him to leave and us to recoup all we

paid for him. And we were relegated. You''d all be stoned alive in the

streets of the city!! Get some perspective people. We haven''t lost any

money on him, we''ve got £3m to spend and we already have Cureton.

[/quote]

Grow up sonny. This reads like a 10 year old trying to impress his

granny at Christmas. Arrogant and pompous drivel from the forum''s chief

apologist.

Bilge.

[/quote]As usual, you make no attempt to address the points (i.e. what could we have done differently when we signed earnshaw? would you have been happy not to sign him given the clause? what might the consequences of not signing him been?). Instead, you accuse me of being a 10 year old, pompous and arrogant all in the same breath (I''m not sure how a 10 year old can be pompous and arrogant by the way).But a far better example, in response to Cityangel simply asking who would take part in a protest against the board, you replied:[quote user="Cluck "]

CA has sucked out the

usual band of weaklings who would sit and watch Ipswich play if they

wore yellow shirts...and they really are best left to fall flat on

their faces. Internet nerds who live virtual lives from the comfort of

a shoebox.

I suggest you do like me...let the sheep take the club down the

river to the point where they all bail out...and you, me and the other true club supporters

can then return to scrape up the mess. We have Yanks bleating from

across the Atlantic (he really has his finger on the pulse doesn''t

he?)...Pompous Londoners who can''t resist sticking their snouts into

another person''s business (we''ve all seen our villages buggered up by

them haven''t we?)...students who''ve got more spots than games under

their belts....and of course the "new age" spectator who can afford the

seats the real supporters can''t. They are not representative of the

City....and not worthy of your effort.

The whole City fiasco a waste of time...and under Smith sadly the

team itself doesn''t deserve a second thought. There are all sorts

of hoorahs turning up at the ground these days...and in truth most of

them would struggle to find their way to the ground if you dropped them

in Tombland.  Little plastic figures sat in Delia''s cosy dolls house,

moved in and out at her behest....and worst of all they pay for the

privilege of doing so.

Hilarious....but some how embarrassing. They deserve each other mate.........

[/quote]You''ll probably call me for having taken the time to dig up these fine examples of your work but it''s really very easy. You just have to stick "cluck" plus one of your favourite terms - "apologists" is a good example - into the board''s search field and then take your pick from the pages of unpleasantries that come up! The fact is, you''re not interested in debate, you''re only interested in your own opinion. You wear this "i have strong opinions" badge as if no-one else does and as if it somehow elevates you to a higher plane of debate. But you only really seem to come on here to berate people that don''t align with your view of the world. Londoners, Americans, students, "the apologists" (whoever they are), "new age spectactors" (sorry, you''re going to have to enlighten me again), all of whom you have a dig at (all in one post in this case) rather than make any sort of attempt to engage in discussion. It''s amusing sometimes, mostly not, and certainly very far removed from anything resembling proper debate.

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

Unbelievable how you can come on here claiming to be the arbiter of fair and reasonable debate. When a typical response from you reads like this:

[quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="a1canary"]I can''t believe all this squealing that''s going on over Earnshaw. Talk about hysteria!

We''ve had plenty of posts saying we should sell him and plenty have said if we can replace him with two of Sharp/Eastwood/Cureton etc then they''d be ok with that. Yet when he goes all hell breaks loose. Yes the fee is disappointing but if you were Worthington and the board on deadline day last January, and we were where we were in the league back then, we were on the verge of signing him but he was holding back on the release clause, the vast majority would have let him have that clause. And i''m sorry but you can''t seriously sit there and say otherwise.

But, lets play Sliding Doors for a second though, just to appease you.
Suppose that Cluck, Smudger, Fram, Jas and co were on the board, (heaven help us), and had blocked the transfer of Earnie from WBA because of that clause. Now stop, and THINK for 1 second what the consequence of that would have been.  It was deadline day. Wizard was jumping up and down as usual that we had not signed anyone of consequence. Without Earnshaw, there is little doubt that we''d be in League 1 right now.  Then suppose it got out that we were seconds away form signing Earnshaw on transfer deadline day but our CLUELESS board blocked it because of a poxy little clause that allowed him to leave and us to recoup all we paid for him. And we were relegated. You''d all be stoned alive in the streets of the city!! Get some perspective people. We haven''t lost any money on him, we''ve got £3m to spend and we already have Cureton.

[/quote]

Grow up sonny. This reads like a 10 year old trying to impress his granny at Christmas. Arrogant and pompous drivel from the forum''s chief apologist.

Bilge.

[/quote]

As usual, you make no attempt to address the points (i.e. what could we have done differently when we signed earnshaw? would you have been happy not to sign him given the clause? what might the consequences of not signing him been?). Instead, you accuse me of being a 10 year old, pompous and arrogant all in the same breath (I''m not sure how a 10 year old can be pompous and arrogant by the way).

But a far better example, in response to Cityangel simply asking who would take part in a protest against the board, you replied:

[quote user="Cluck "]

CA has sucked out the usual band of weaklings who would sit and watch Ipswich play if they wore yellow shirts...and they really are best left to fall flat on their faces. Internet nerds who live virtual lives from the comfort of a shoebox.

I suggest you do like me...let the sheep take the club down the river to the point where they all bail out...and you, me and the other true club supporters can then return to scrape up the mess. We have Yanks bleating from across the Atlantic (he really has his finger on the pulse doesn''t he?)...Pompous Londoners who can''t resist sticking their snouts into another person''s business (we''ve all seen our villages buggered up by them haven''t we?)...students who''ve got more spots than games under their belts....and of course the "new age" spectator who can afford the seats the real supporters can''t. They are not representative of the City....and not worthy of your effort.

The whole City fiasco a waste of time...and under Smith sadly the team itself doesn''t deserve a second thought. There are all sorts of hoorahs turning up at the ground these days...and in truth most of them would struggle to find their way to the ground if you dropped them in Tombland.  Little plastic figures sat in Delia''s cosy dolls house, moved in and out at her behest....and worst of all they pay for the privilege of doing so.

Hilarious....but some how embarrassing. They deserve each other mate.........

[/quote]

You''ll probably call me for having taken the time to dig up these fine examples of your work but it''s really very easy. You just have to stick "cluck" plus one of your favourite terms - "apologists" is a good example - into the board''s search field and then take your pick from the pages of unpleasantries that come up!

The fact is, you''re not interested in debate, you''re only interested in your own opinion. You wear this "i have strong opinions" badge as if no-one else does and as if it somehow elevates you to a higher plane of debate. But you only really seem to come on here to berate people that don''t align with your view of the world. Londoners, Americans, students, "the apologists" (whoever they are), "new age spectactors" (sorry, you''re going to have to enlighten me again), all of whom you have a dig at (all in one post in this case) rather than make any sort of attempt to engage in discussion. It''s amusing sometimes, mostly not, and certainly very far removed from anything resembling proper debate.
[/quote]

As usual your lengthy post is of no consequence to me...and your opinions irrelevant. Save them for the Jehovah Witnesses whom I''m sure will be happy to listen. I suggest you save your electricity for someone who will bother to read iwhat you have to say....because as sure a hell I can''t be @rsed. I have those I choose to interact with on here...and you certainly aren''t one of them...so perhaps in future you should either ignore what I have to say....or accept my response without whinging.

I have my views...and yes that includes a dislike for Londoners etc. who invade rural villages etc. with no regard to community. If you have a problem with that...then that is for you to worry about not me. Political correctness doesn''t live down my road....so don''t bother me with it.

NEXT!

I was not going to post again on this thread...

I see that Cluck has made some very valid points again though.

As for the rest of you I have one suggestion to make...  if you find Clucks and my posts so wide of the mark then why not as suggested just ignore them then?

Then hopefully we will be able to ignore your posts too and all live together on a far happier forum.

I don''t give a monkeys who agrees with my posts or not... but I do not expect to be hassled by other posters to further back up my reasons for my thoughts, or have whole threads on here dedictaed to being little else but an insult to posters such as Cluck and myself and having very little to do with football whatsoever.

Simple isn''t it... if you don''t like us then ignore us... It still won''t stop us posting what the vast majority consider to be outlandish views however.

Maybe Archant could put an ignore username link or something on the board... so those in the school playground do not have to even see the horrible views of posters like Cluck and myself?

Not in the best interests of freedom of speech yet again...  but just maybe that would do something towards keeping both sides happy?

I may not have many posts on here so far, but i have been reading/using this and other NCFC forums and found one very common trait amongst the nay sayers regarding signings. I shall point this trait out in the style of smudger:

None of them seem to offer any kind of alternative ideas of players they''d like to see at NCFC. Whenever asked "who do you want to see at carrow road?" they simply avoid the question, and begin to rant at or call other people names. Some resort to making posts using the biggest font setting available as some kind of way of getting their point across better.

Now that i have made my point, smudger-style, perhaps he (and similar characters on here) might actually answer that question.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

I may not have many posts on here so far, but i have been reading/using this and other NCFC forums and found one very common trait amongst the nay sayers regarding signings. I shall point this trait out in the style of smudger:

None of them seem to offer any kind of alternative ideas of players they''d like to see at NCFC. Whenever asked "who do you want to see at carrow road?" they simply avoid the question, and begin to rant at or call other people names. Some resort to making posts using the biggest font setting available as some kind of way of getting their point across better.

Now that i have made my point, smudger-style, perhaps he (and similar characters on here) might actually answer that question.

[/quote]

I have on numerous occasions mentioned players who i thought would do a good job at CR. The likes of Sharp Varney ect ect but unfortantly they decided to go to clubs which they saw as more ambitious then our own. We have now been left with players who in my opionion were always the last resort [Cureton prime example]. Im not saying i could do better its just that over the seasons the club has gone from being attractive to very average/ pension cheque. Tell me why would the sharps and varneys come here?

[quote user="Cluck"]

As usual your lengthy post is of no consequence to me...and your opinions irrelevant. Save them for the Jehovah Witnesses whom I''m sure will be happy to listen. I suggest you save your electricity for someone who will bother to read iwhat you have to say....because as sure a hell I can''t be @rsed. I have those I choose to interact with on here...and you certainly aren''t one of them...so perhaps in future you should either ignore what I have to say....or accept my response without whinging.

I have my views...and yes that includes a dislike for Londoners etc. who invade rural villages etc. with no regard to community. If you have a problem with that...then that is for you to worry about not me. Political correctness doesn''t live down my road....so don''t bother me with it.

NEXT!

[/quote]

The thing is Cluck we know you have your views we just never get them clearly because you only express your possible views by denouncing other posters opinions. That doesn''t tell us what your views are - more that what they are not!

As for political correctness not being up your street - I assume that you would not class yourself as a racist and that you don''t go around spouting offencive names to people on the street regarding the abilities or appearences? In that case may I suggest that PC may not live down your road but perhaps just round the corner?

"I have on numerous occasions mentioned players who i thought would do a good job at CR. The likes of Sharp Varney ect ect but unfortantly they decided to go to clubs which they saw as more ambitious then our own. We have now been left with players who in my opionion were always the last resort [Cureton prime example]. Im not saying i could do better its just that over the seasons the club has gone from being attractive to very average/ pension cheque. Tell me why would the sharps and varneys come here?"

Arthur - one thing that I pick up on here is that you mix your opinion with fact. For example you say that Varney and Sharp did not sign for us, factual so far. Then go onto say why when I am sure you will not know for sure. For example why would Sharps agent go on reccord to say that he was impressed by Norwich if he wasn''t? I think it is obvious from the start that the lad was holding out to see if the team he supports came in for him - not to dissimilar to Cureton really.

As for Varney - well I know for sure you can not put money on that!

Smudge - The problem is that this is a forum and not like a "playground" or a pub for that matter where if you want to speak quietly to one or two posters you can find a little corner or table to keep yourselves to yourselves. Nor would I think it right that people say please ignore this post Smudge etc. Thats the point everybody can join in.

What people are really asking here is not that these wonderful characters disapear but that they provide a more truthful and honestly explained opinion and then respond in kind to the questions people ask.

I say this because for almost a season Citizen Journalist Foghorn and I were head to head on various issues and whilst on the odd occaision it may have gotten a little heated we kept discussing and eventually his and some other peoples comments along with current affairs swayed my thinking. I still disagree with him but less and less often.

I guess what I am trying to say is if you expect people to be open minded when it comes to your opinions maybe you should at least try to be with theirs because for the most part some very distinct members on here do not seem to be. They seem to be the what I say is right and then do the thing where when as a kid your not listening you do that annoying humming of a random tune with your hands over your ears only to stop occaisionaly to say "still not listening"!

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

[/quote]

Then perhaps you need to trawl the archives a bit further young paint_me_yellow?

You will find plenty of players that I have suggetsed over my time posting here... none except Cureton have been listened to (and even when I first mentioned Cureton about 4 or 5 months back the majority laughed at me).

I will give exception to mbncfc who seems to have taken my points about Chris Porter on board.... shame to se that he has finally ended up at Motherwell on a FREE hey mbncfc???

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Cluck"]

NEXT!

[/quote]

The thing is Cluck we know you have your views we just never get them clearly because you only express your possible views by denouncing other posters opinions. That doesn''t tell us what your views are - more that what they are not!

As for political correctness not being up your street - I assume that you would not class yourself as a racist and that you don''t go around spouting offencive names to people on the street regarding the abilities or appearences? In that case may I suggest that PC may not live down your road but perhaps just round the corner?

"I have on numerous occasions mentioned players who i thought would do a good job at CR. The likes of Sharp Varney ect ect but unfortantly they decided to go to clubs which they saw as more ambitious then our own. We have now been left with players who in my opionion were always the last resort [Cureton prime example]. Im not saying i could do better its just that over the seasons the club has gone from being attractive to very average/ pension cheque. Tell me why would the sharps and varneys come here?"

Arthur - one thing that I pick up on here is that you mix your opinion with fact. For example you say that Varney and Sharp did not sign for us, factual so far. Then go onto say why when I am sure you will not know for sure. For example why would Sharps agent go on reccord to say that he was impressed by Norwich if he wasn''t? I think it is obvious from the start that the lad was holding out to see if the team he supports came in for him - not to dissimilar to Cureton really.

Smudge - The problem is that this is a forum and not like a "playground" or a pub for that matter where if you want to speak quietly to one or two posters you can find a little corner or table to keep yourselves to yourselves. Nor would I think it right that people say please ignore this post Smudge etc. Thats the point everybody can join in.

What people are really asking here is not that these wonderful characters disapear but that they provide a more truthful and honestly explained opinion and then respond in kind to the questions people ask.

I say this because for almost a season Citizen Journalist Foghorn and I were head to head on various issues and whilst on the odd occaision it may have gotten a little heated we kept discussing and eventually his and some other peoples comments along with current affairs swayed my thinking. I still disagree with him but less and less often.

I guess what I am trying to say is if you expect people to be open minded when it comes to your opinions maybe you should at least try to be with theirs because for the most part some very distinct members on here do not seem to be. They seem to be the what I say is right and then do the thing where when as a kid your not listening you do that annoying humming of a random tune with your hands over your ears only to stop occaisionaly to say "still not listening"!

[/quote]

Yawn, yawn, yawn.... Chicken

As Cluck would say I suggest that you save yourself on the electric and the wear of your fingers and your time...

Because as he rightly says... there are people who are worth communicating with on here and people who aren''t... and frankly reading your posts... they are so dull that I struggle to keep my eyes open, let alone get to the actual point of them!!!

Ever wondered why you may get short sharp, swift posts off myself while others who I disagre with get slightly longer drawn out versions of my thoughts...

Coz frankly I have more fun doing my ironing than attempting to read one of your posts!!!  [S]

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Cluck"]

NEXT!

[/quote]

[/quote]

God I love it when the "race" card comes out. Black...white...yellow...brown or blue....it makes no difference to me....I don''t like Londoners.  Plain enough for you? Have you not noticed how many English villages have died because of their second home invasion? Village pubs...shops...post offices etc.etc. all gone because the big city wallers want a piece of someone else''s lifestyle and so outbid the local residents. Fortunately I''ve bought my sons a home each to live in...but many aren''t so lucky are they?....or don''t you care about our local youngsters as long as you are alright?

As for opinion....you''re havin'' a laugh aren''t you that I ALONE denounce other posters opinion?  Come come chicken....isn''t that why Smudger, myself, Arthur, Alec, Millo, Ricky etc etc. get incessantly haranged for simply stating a viewpoint? I suggest you look at the bigger picture...and at who is actually trying to supress who here.  Problem is though...I don''t give a toss...and maybe that''s what annoys the apologist pack so much eh?

I save my anger for Londoners......

''Tell me why would the sharps and varneys come here''

Varney''s off 2 a recently relegated side, clearly with a bigger reputation than us due to this, and sharp has gone back to his boyhood club, well is on the verge of going. Brellier and Marshall are, in my opinion good enough for a better team than us, but are here because of connections, and can do well in this environment. We will find good players, you might as well ask why saviola won''t come here!

Sticks and stones may hurt my bones but words will never hurt me. Grow up lads & lassies.

Talk about pansies with attitude.

The only thing that should excite the woulb-be amateur censors on this thread is the title which when stripped down consists of code words for ''obscenity'' and ''murder''.

Moderation is dull.

OTBC 

[quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[8]Maybe it''s because I''m a Londoner [:^)]

That Old Cluck hates me so [:@]

Maybe it''s because I''m a Londoner [:^)]

That he slags me off wherever I go [:@]

I get a funny feeling inside of me [:|]

When Old Cluck runs me down [:''(]

Maybe it''s because I''m a Londoner That I love London Town [U]

Alfie Bass, Thomas Beckett, David Beckham, William Blake, Marc Bolan, David Bowie, Max Bygraves, Michael Caine, Charlie Chaplin, Geoffrey Chaucer, Windsor Davies, Bud Flanagan, Sir John Gielgud, Alec Guinness, Alfred Hitchcock, David Jason, Vera Lynn, Dudley Moore, Bruce Oldfield, Oliver Reid, Mike Reid, Alan Sugar, Tommy Steele, Kenneth Williams..

We’re not all bad … ‘onest guv… [N]

But then again[*-)]….Samanfer Fox, Kray Twin, Jerry Springer, Janet Street-Porter, Barbara Windsor…

Maybe ‘The old Boy’ has a point [Y] [B]

Smudger - Yeah your short and sharp posts normaly involve what you have just typed - insults!

"there are people who are worth communicating with on here and people who aren''t".

If you go along with this then you are suggesting that you would rather not communicate with me, or anyone that you don''t agree with.

As for my post I think you will find it long because rather than post replies to three different posts I did it in one. If that is upsetting for you I appologise - but I am going to do it again!

Cluck - I do not hate Londoners per-se but I do agree with you on the point that the housing market is a massive issue that needs to be sorted out. At 25 and earning a fair wage I could barely afford a one bedroom flat. I have a lady and we are already talking about our future and know that what we are on at the moment will not even buy us a two bedroom terrace house.

However there are other issues. You have had little choice but buy those houses for your sons I am sure, but then there are many parents that do this and are also aiding the market at maintaining its high prices as a result. There are also those that buy to let who own multiple properties who have the budget to buy more and expand. And there is more. You see now that you have given a more in-depth opinion I can actually agree with you.

and thats why i stopped posting on here as i was fed up with being insulted by smudger. whatever you say he knows better and you are insulted if you say different.

hey cluck and smudger as i have said on another thread, we will see in the coming months who is right or wrong, jusy because we are not inspired by the signings so far and kissing HRH Delia''s feet, we are bad lads, its like a communist state on here, toe the party line or you are a traitor and you must not question our great leaders, comrades. Well lads we are the resistance LOL, keep it coming boys we will not be shouted down.

ricky, i am not a fan of delias either but the point people make on here is to do with the fact that personal insults are used by some if you dont agree with what others say be it for or against delia. as i said i have been labelled by smudger more than once  and it had nothing to do with being pro delia. it doesnt matter whether you are for her or against her, the fact remains that unless people stump up the means to remove her it aint gonna happen but to resort to insulting people whether you agree or not with their point of view is unnecessary

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[8]Maybe it''s because I''m a Londoner [:^)]

That Old Cluck hates me so [:@]

Maybe it''s because I''m a Londoner [:^)]

That he slags me off wherever I go [:@]

I get a funny feeling inside of me [:|]

When Old Cluck runs me down [:''(]

Maybe it''s because I''m a Londoner That I love London Town [U]

Alfie Bass, Thomas Beckett, David Beckham, William Blake, Marc Bolan, David Bowie, Max Bygraves, Michael Caine, Charlie Chaplin, Geoffrey Chaucer, Windsor Davies, Bud Flanagan, Sir John Gielgud, Alec Guinness, Alfred Hitchcock, David Jason, Vera Lynn, Dudley Moore, Bruce Oldfield, Oliver Reid, Mike Reid, Alan Sugar, Tommy Steele, Kenneth Williams..

We’re not all bad … ‘onest guv… [N]

But then again[*-)]….Samanfer Fox, Kray Twin, Jerry Springer, Janet Street-Porter, Barbara Windsor…

Maybe ‘The old Boy’ has a point [Y] [B]

[/quote]

Excellent post Nutty

I am sure we could all come up with great and not so great people from Norfolk, but would Cluck agree.  I have lived in several villages and from my experience they have not been ruined by Londoners per se.  The problem of house prices and isolation can''t be blamed on those from London alone. 

[quote user="chicken"]

Smudger - Yeah your short and sharp posts normaly involve what you have just typed - insults!

"there are people who are worth communicating with on here and people who aren''t".

If you go along with this then you are suggesting that you would rather not communicate with me, or anyone that you don''t agree with.

As for my post I think you will find it long because rather than post replies to three different posts I did it in one. If that is upsetting for you I appologise - but I am going to do it again!

Cluck - I do not hate Londoners per-se but I do agree with you on the point that the housing market is a massive issue that needs to be sorted out. At 25 and earning a fair wage I could barely afford a one bedroom flat. I have a lady and we are already talking about our future and know that what we are on at the moment will not even buy us a two bedroom terrace house.

However there are other issues. You have had little choice but buy those houses for your sons I am sure, but then there are many parents that do this and are also aiding the market at maintaining its high prices as a result. There are also those that buy to let who own multiple properties who have the budget to buy more and expand. And there is more. You see now that you have given a more in-depth opinion I can actually agree with you.

[/quote]

I interact with many on this forum that I disagree with... Nutty, Maccy D, CA, Yankee, Evil Monkey to name but a few.

Maybe if your posts interested me a little more you may get a more reasoned response?

[quote user="James Smith"]

''Tell me why would the sharps and varneys come here''

Varney''s off 2 a recently relegated side, clearly with a bigger reputation than us due to this, and sharp has gone back to his boyhood club, well is on the verge of going. Brellier and Marshall are, in my opinion good enough for a better team than us, but are here because of connections, and can do well in this environment. We will find good players, you might as well ask why saviola won''t come here!

[/quote]

Lets take off the rose tinted glasses and then honestly hand on heart tell me that Sharp and Varney and the likes really see us as attractive as other clubs at the moment. As im writing this Eastwood has just signed For Wolves, maybe they all had personal reasons i.e club he supports connections ect ect but it is a little naive to think it dont you think?

[quote user="baldyboy"]ricky, i am not a fan of delias either but the point people make on here is to do with the fact that personal insults are used by some if you dont agree with what others say be it for or against delia. as i said i have been labelled by smudger more than once  and it had nothing to do with being pro delia. it doesnt matter whether you are for her or against her, the fact remains that unless people stump up the means to remove her it aint gonna happen but to resort to insulting people whether you agree or not with their point of view is unnecessary[/quote]

I really can''t ever recall insulting you personally Baldyboy (not saying that I haven''t however)...

If I have offended you then I am sorry... but maybe you should learn to be a little more thick skinned... what does it matter what I say?  After all I am just the forum fool!!!  [:P]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="baldyboy"]ricky, i am not a fan of delias either but the point people make on here is to do with the fact that personal insults are used by some if you dont agree with what others say be it for or against delia. as i said i have been labelled by smudger more than once  and it had nothing to do with being pro delia. it doesnt matter whether you are for her or against her, the fact remains that unless people stump up the means to remove her it aint gonna happen but to resort to insulting people whether you agree or not with their point of view is unnecessary[/quote]

I really can''t ever recall insulting you personally Baldyboy (not saying that I haven''t however)...

If I have offended you then I am sorry... but maybe you should learn to be a little more thick skinned... what does it matter what I say?  After all I am just the forum fool!!!  [:P]

[/quote]

HA! The idiom ''People in glass houses should not throw stones'' immediately springs to mind - you''re hardly in a position to tell people to grow a thicker skin when you had the moderators remove a harmless & humorous remark I made in your direction the other night.

You are extremely two-faced, Smudger.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

HA! The idiom ''People in glass houses should not throw stones'' immediately springs to mind - you''re hardly in a position to tell people to grow a thicker skin when you had the moderators remove a harmless & humorous remark I made in your direction the other night.

You are extremely two-faced, Smudger.

[/quote]

If you think that was harmless and humourous then you need to grow up Shyster...

Did you pause to think about what you were actually writing?

While it didn''t insult me the fact that many of my posts that are in a similar vain never make it past the mods did insult me.

Yet again however they are well aware of their mistake, even though like you they do not have the good manners to own up to it.

smudger i consider myself to be thick skinned but you can be extremely rude. you should think about what you say before you write it.  you are entitled to your opinion but not to slag off everybody who disagrees with it.

[quote user="baldyboy"]smudger i consider myself to be thick skinned but you can be extremely rude. you should think about what you say before you write it.  you are entitled to your opinion but not to slag off everybody who disagrees with it.[/quote]

I can be extremely rude?

Takes one to know one hey baldyboy?

You get an apology from me and you do not even have the good manners to say thank you for it! [:P]