Sign in to follow this  
kevin brighton

Get The Cluck out of here and wipe out the smudge

Never read two more negative posters. Everybody has a right to an opinion but these two would make the most positive of items into non events. Still I guess they know exactly where they stand with their glass always half empty. Cant imagine what they are like on the terraces but probably they dont actually attend matches.  

Have to stick up for Smudger here. As you say everyone''s entitled to express their opinion and differing opinions are obviously essential in making this board an enjoyable place to visit. I, personally, think that Smudger is far too uber-negative to be realistic but he is obviously a good-humoured bloke and I enjoy banter with him - like Wizard (and Ricky Knight etc), his opinions (whether you agree with them or not) do stimulate a lot of activity and discussion on this board - we enjoy reading and engaging with them and they often contain a lot of truth/hit raw nerves. The difference between this type of  ''negativity'' and Cluck''s is that theirs can be fun and show their knowledge of football, whilst Cluck just seems so malicious and personal with everything/person he attacks. I enjoy Smudger''s posts - even when they get into mental size type [:)] - but Cluck''s always seem so vitriolic.

Cue a big slur of insults about me being a spotty, ecological, pc, effeminate nancy boy who daren''t leave my mother''s skirt, lol! [:)]

(there we go, I''ve done it for you[;)])          

[quote user="kevin brighton"]Never read two more negative posters. Everybody has a right to an opinion but these two would make the most positive of items into non events. Still I guess they know exactly where they stand with their glass always half empty. Cant imagine what they are like on the terraces but probably they dont actually attend matches.  [/quote]

Great post....keep them coming as I need the encouragement such purile bilge provides to keep on posting.

NEXT!........

The problem with this view is that there is a fine line between passionate debate and stonewalling your opinions.  Cluck/Smudger/Whittle etc, who could all be the same person (look at the way their posts are time-wise...) in my opinion, do not debate, he/they stand in the corner of the playground and shout at people having conversations of their own....

Why would you be in your mothers skirt?  Why would anyone be in their mothers skirt?  Are we assuming she would still be in it and they are sitting at her feet (oh my god...) or possibly worse wearing it while she is out....

[quote user="JC"]

The problem with this view is that there is a fine line between passionate debate and stonewalling your opinions.  Cluck/Smudger/Whittle etc, who could all be the same person (look at the way their posts are time-wise...) in my opinion, do not debate, he/they stand in the corner of the playground and shout at people having conversations of their own....

Why would you be in your mothers skirt?  Why would anyone be in their mothers skirt?  Are we assuming she would still be in it and they are sitting at her feet (oh my god...) or possibly worse wearing it while she is out....

[/quote]

Well if cluck/smudger. and whittle can be classed as the same person perhaps all those in favour of the board are the same person or work for the club? Of course they are not, its just another ridiculous attempt to make out they are in the minority by people who cant get there heads out of the sand.

pathetic drivel.

Notice  JCs posts timing with other board supporters mmmmmmmmmmm interesting? Could JC be using other IDs to support JCs own posts? Maybe you have turned this round and back on yourself pal!

No offence, but without Cluck and Smudge constantly berating everyone, launching unqualified pompous and ridiculous diatribes at all and sundry, whilst making complete fools of themselves, this would be a very dull forum.

Although they could do more damage to the fine reputation of Norwich than the great Alan Partridge, if their words leaked out...

[quote user="Nigel Tracey"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

Well if cluck/smudger. and whittle can be classed as the same person perhaps all those in favour of the board are the same person or work for the club? Of course they are not, its just another ridiculous attempt to make out they are in the minority by people who cant get there heads out of the sand.

pathetic drivel.

Notice  JCs posts timing with other board supporters mmmmmmmmmmm interesting? Could JC be using other IDs to support JCs own posts? Maybe you have turned this round and back on yourself pal!

[/quote]

wow you are very touchy Nigel - i honestly dont think you should take it that seriously lol 

[quote user="Nigel Tracey"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

pathetic drivel.

[/quote]

Very astute post Nigel....but worrying that they think we have got nothing better to do than emulate them.

The whole point of being an "individual" is to be exactly that....not one of the back slapping apologists who just like to be popular with the crowd.

Too many of them on here...but then again there may only be three or four of them with a multiplicity of email addresses. Sad really....and on the whole seriously easy to see through.

[quote user="kevin brighton"]Never read two more negative posters. Everybody has a right to an opinion but these two would make the most positive of items into non events. Still I guess they know exactly where they stand with their glass always half empty. Cant imagine what they are like on the terraces but probably they dont actually attend matches.  [/quote]

Smudger make this board for me, he is harmless and predictable but good value.

Cluck just makes me realise how lucky I am every time I read his self important posts, he obviosly doesnt take himself seriously and nobody on here should either.

[quote user="Strangers All"]

No offence, but without Cluck and Smudge constantly berating everyone, launching unqualified pompous and ridiculous diatribes at all and sundry, whilst making complete fools of themselves, this would be a very dull forum.

Although they could do more damage to the fine reputation of Norwich than the great Alan Partridge, if their words leaked out... [/quote]

No offence to you SA but I think that Smudger/Cluck are ruining this forum. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but the name calling is getting tiring and too personal in my opinion..

In the last 2 weeks Smudger has called pinkun posters

Thick, Stupid, @rse lickers, ignorant,  mugs, cuckoos with their heads up their @rses, monkeys in the circus, fools

How does this add value to the site or any discussions about our team?

I dont agree with them, but their point of view is as valid as anyone elses never the less.  Besides I for one would miss my daily dose of Smudger! 

Thats a very valid point CA.  I don''t take anything they say as anything but ridiculous, and the name calling is just the last clutching at tired straws.  I certainly don''t take offence.

However, I can''t speak for everybody and if they are causing offence, then I think this issue needs to be raised with the webteam.

As for adding value, I find that underneath the drivel they do have some valid points, and speak for a certain City Supporting minority and although I don''t agree with them, I do agree with the right to speak out.

Not everyone is as sweet as you CA, but maybe you could teach them the art of expressing themselves without resort to CAPSLOCK, intimidation, derisory comments, and general charmlessness, or at least help them gain some much needed self respect.... that or they both need a good woman.

[quote user="cityangel"].

Thick, Stupid, @rse lickers, ignorant,  mugs, cuckoos with their heads up their @rses, monkeys in the circus, fools

[/quote]

And they wonder why I''ve now disassociated myself from them Angel!. You couldn''t make it up could you?. But there''s a very simple solution you know.

Ignore them!.

I was trying not to respond to this thread, but what the hell, Cluck has, so damn it.

While I don''t agree with either Cluck or Smudger, I do uphold their right to post what they feel about the club.  It''s not always what I want to hear, but I guess that''s the point they are trying to make.  However, when it just descends into personal abuse and targetting those who disagree with them as sheep etc, then they lose their argument.  Shame really, as I would love a completely impersonal post from either of them about the club without resorting to abuse of posters on here or about personnel within the club.  Both of them should be able to make points re the club without petty name calling.

We have gone through personal abuse on the forum many many times and I guess the nature of the internet means it''s easy to have a go at someone if you and them are not meeting face to face.

So Cluck and Smudger, a challenge, give us all a treat and summarise your feelings as to why you can''t attend matches at present, without resorting to petty name calling.  I am curious to know why you feel it''s so bad at CR that supporters such as yourselves can''t bring yourselves to go anymore.

macdougall''s perm wrote:

Cue a big slur of insults about me being a spotty, ecological, pc, effeminate nancy boy who daren''t leave my mother''s skirt, lol! Smile [:)]

That would make you a bit of a sap, eh?

But, ted''s bouffant, we can''t be having that now, can we? 

[;)]

OTBC

[quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

JC, I have to admit that I am indeed "All the same person".

But I think Cluck/ Smudger/ Whittle are all someone else.....................

Know what I mean?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Strangers All"]

Although they could do more damage to the fine reputation of Norwich than the great Alan Partridge, if their words leaked out... [/quote]

No offence to you SA but I think that Smudger/Cluck are ruining this forum. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but the name calling is getting tiring and too personal in my opinion..

[/quote]Don''t forget McSquirter calling City fans inbreds too. Rather rich I thought from someone who I suspect spend his days crouched over his computer either on this forum or [I''ll save you the trouble of moderating that bit Vince et al]It could be interesting having them here they weren''t  essentially trying to drown out anyone else''s views by bombarding the forum with spam. If they were binners on a trolling exercise, how would they actually differ from what we see? Fact is that Norris won''t even take a bet to back up his view that we''ll be relegated next year and Cluck says nothing at all as his replies are generated by a BS engine. Probably the same person anyway, CLUNT for shortLet em carry on, I''m looking forward to the new season with a number of new players (who know''s how many, not CLUNT for sure) we may get relegated but I think a playoff place is more likely, especially if money is spent on a central defender and more competitin for the midfield.

[quote user="Strangers All"]

Thats a very valid point CA.  I don''t take anything they say as anything but ridiculous, and the name calling is just the last clutching at tired straws.  I certainly don''t take offence.

However, I can''t speak for everybody and if they are causing offence, then I think this issue needs to be raised with the webteam.

As for adding value, I find that underneath the drivel they do have some valid points, and speak for a certain City Supporting minority and although I don''t agree with them, I do agree with the right to speak out.

Not everyone is as sweet as you CA, but maybe you could teach them the art of expressing themselves without resort to CAPSLOCK, intimidation, derisory comments, and general charmlessness, or at least help them gain some much needed self respect.... that or they both need a good woman.

[/quote]

yawn, yawn... may give it a break for a few days soon... it is certainly getting tiresome when every other post is pulled by the mods for doing nothing but adding a few more terms to BLANCH''s dictionary above...

As for a good woman I have one thanks very much...

When she is about keeping me in check however you lot normally all say "oh what a shame where has SMUDGER gone"?

There are actually a lot of things I agree with Smudger on (well, a few).  Unfortunately his antagonistic language is enough to put me off.

I''ve got no problem with Smudger although I''ve yet to agree with anything he has written. The name calling is a bit sad but I just put it down to the fact his limited vocabulary means that he can''t argue his point without it. Having said that I think he feels strongly about what he writes and stands his corner well.

Cluck on the other hand is totally different. His posts are often just plain abusive, never constructive or even have a point to make. His main reason for using this forum is to wind up other posters (indeed he has admitted to this with his fishing analogies more than once). I can''t understand what motivates him at all - certainly not the wellbeing of NCFC.

Minus Cluck & Smudger et al, I would find this place very difficult to take seriously.

What use is a message board without contrasting & conflicting views?

If we all met in a pub they''d likely be a riot through differing opinions.

At least on a message board we can''t get hurt. [:D]

SSTFU & roll with it.

Why was this thread allowed?

Please explain???

You can''t just take one side of the arguement!!!

Why was the thread allowed? Possibly because there was no abuse of your right to post or maybe because there was no abuse of you, no isults, no name calling etc etc etc.

Like I said everyone has a right to their opinion but given that very little if anything is ever positive from you and much mud slinging and many acusations against the board and many negative comments about existing players and possible signings and virtually everything about the club. I ask to what end, why the total negativity, why when other posters make any kind of positive comment is it met by a totally negative response.

Just interested to know why thats` all.

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Strangers All"]

[/quote]

Don''t forget McSquirter calling City fans inbreds too. Rather rich I thought from someone who I suspect spend his days crouched over his computer either on this forum or [I''ll save you the trouble of moderating that bit Vince et al]

It could be interesting having them here they weren''t  essentially trying to drown out anyone else''s views by bombarding the forum with spam. If they were binners on a trolling exercise, how would they actually differ from what we see?

Fact is that Norris won''t even take a bet to back up his view that we''ll be relegated next year and Cluck says nothing at all as his replies are generated by a BS engine. Probably the same person anyway, CLUNT for short

Let em carry on, I''m looking forward to the new season with a number of new players (who know''s how many, not CLUNT for sure) we may get relegated but I think a playoff place is more likely, especially if money is spent on a central defender and more competitin for the midfield.
[/quote]

Foul and barely disguised vulgar language...and very nice for the kids to read I''m sure. Top marks.

I hate to repeat what I have said to the other monkeys on here....but I really don''t give a toss how you or anyone else perceives me on this forum....and yes...I fully intend to carry on if only to get up your noses. Just because your mum let''s you have your own way to keep you quiet...don''t expect the same from me.

One day little boys like you may be able to mix with adults...but until then keep eating your crusts.......

Smudger and Cluck,

How about a  reply from you both to gazzathegreat''s post?

One day little boys like you may be able to mix with adults...but until then keep eating your crusts....... - Cluck

You young uns might be pleased to know that adulthood isn''t completely populated by Clucks, in fact most adults are grown up.

PS.  Throw your crusts out to the clucking birds... lifes to short to eat worms.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="SPat"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Strangers All"]

[/quote]Don''t forget McSquirter calling City fans inbreds too. Rather rich I thought from someone who I suspect spend his days crouched over his computer either on this forum or [I''ll save you the trouble of moderating that bit Vince et al]It could be interesting having them here they weren''t  essentially trying to drown out anyone else''s views by bombarding the forum with spam. If they were binners on a trolling exercise, how would they actually differ from what we see? Fact is that Norris won''t even take a bet to back up his view that we''ll be relegated next year and Cluck says nothing at all as his replies are generated by a BS engine. Probably the same person anyway, CLUNT for shortLet em carry on, I''m looking forward to the new season with a number of new players (who know''s how many, not CLUNT for sure) we may get relegated but I think a playoff place is more likely, especially if money is spent on a central defender and more competitin for the midfield.[/quote]

Foul and barely disguised vulgar language...and very nice for the kids to read I''m sure. Top marks.

I hate to repeat what I have said to the other monkeys on here....but I really don''t give a toss how you or anyone else perceives me on this forum....and yes...I fully intend to carry on if only to get up your noses. Just because your mum let''s you have your own way to keep you quiet...don''t expect the same from me.

One day little boys like you may be able to mix with adults...but until then keep eating your crusts.......

[/quote]I''m with CA on this. The point is, there is a line. People can have

differing opinions, debates and disagreements and arguments, all

without crossing it. The trouble with cluck and smudger is that they do

so nearly every time they post, and when they do, it''s just plain

unpleasant. I don''t like reading it and neither do many others. That''s

why they''re ruining the forum for some people on here.

[quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

ahhhh, getting all offended now? I thought you appreciated free speech and telling thing like they are. Clearly not as you''re trying to censor me, that just political correctness gone mad ;-)

[quote user="Cluck "]

I hate to repeat what I have said....

[/quote]

No, you love it

[quote user="Cluck "]

but I really don''t give a toss how you or anyone else perceives me on this forum....and yes...I fully intend to carry on if only to get up your noses. Just because your mum let''s you have your own way to keep you quiet...don''t expect the same from me.

[/quote]Yeah yeah, blah blah, heard it all before. Carry on then, the sad thing is whatever reasonable opinion you might have had, and been able to convince others of, is lost in the constant denigrating of the majority of city fans.  We''ve had a couple of crap seasons, but I want our team to do well and think they''re moving in the right direction.