Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

It's all gone quiet from the negative brigade

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Can I just remind certain posters, especially Millo, that we paid just £60.000 for Svensson and his stunning goals helped us reached the Premier.

I can only suggest that Wittle and Millio were cheering this cheap signing on back them, or was he just lucky too?.

Proof, if ever it was needed, that you don''t have to spend a fortune!.[:|]

[/quote]

Not like your one to bend the facts Wiz, but Svensson was 300K after promotion.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Can I just remind certain posters, especially Millo, that we paid just £60.000 for Svensson and his stunning goals helped us reached the Premier.

I can only suggest that Wittle and Millio were cheering this cheap signing on back them, or was he just lucky too?.

[/quote]

Going back a few years now but am i right in thinking that paul mcveigh only cost us £50,000 when we signed him from spurs? that was bloody good value for money.

It''s almost as if certain people would have been happy if it was announced we had signed brellier for £1,000,000 but dissapointed we''ve got him on a free!!!!

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

Agreed Alex, but....

When WE signed him, it was for 60 grand, so I was right there, what happened afterwards was incidental as most players sold have that type of clause put in by the selling club.

If City hadn''t gone up, it would have remained 60 grand, so who''s bending what??

And even at £300.000 it was a steal........agreed?.

the thing is i would quite happy to be wrong and should grant get us within a shout of promotion, i am quite happy to say i was wrong, where as city cant do no wrong brigade, will find more naff excuses if we fail again this year. probably still blame Worthy.

I go on record now as saying i hope i am wrong, all the signings turn into superstars and we at least make the play-offs.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Millo"]

Im not going anywhere, i only just found out we signed someone who is supposed to be decent at scottish level-untried in our league-why would i suddenly change, im not 1st wizard mate.

None of the signings are proven big game players { cureton had 1 season last year and i hope he repeats it } but i hope they are all sucessful and hope the club is.

That doesnt change my opinion on the board who have got away with chase like antics for 3 years. Mr Chase was outed for the same things our current board are doing yet get away scott free.

I genuinely hope we have a good season and all the new signings are crackers but my thoughts on the board wont change. I cant forget or forgive them for the last 3 years.

lets hope they the signings pull it off, Grant wins manager of the year and with promotion we attract new investers, because with the current lot they will only let us down like last time.

Ive always been behind Grant and the team, but for some reason people like you misread { sometimes it seems on purpose } the fact that i dont like the board i dont want the team to succeed. Nothing would make me happier to win promotion, but it wouldnt suddenly make me Pro board or do a 2 faced u-turn like 1st wizard.

If anyone thinks i wanted us relegated when i campaigned against chase you really are niave. Ive always been behind the team-does not mean im behind those that run OUR club.

[/quote]

Very good post again MILLO... especially the bit about being behind Grant (as I am to myself to a large degree)...  He is unproven but I am sure that he has the makings of a good manager if only this board of ours give hime the chance.

Why is it that we are always accused of being against Grant when we are clearly not?

PGTA would do well to remember that we do have lives to lead outside of this forum.... which amazes me even more how anybody can accuse people that obviously care so much that they donate hours of their time raising certain issues surrounding NCFC of being an Ipswich fan.

As for the Brellier signing... Well I am HAPPY with it!

He may not be the next Patrick Viera... but I am sure that he will make a very useful addition to our squad on a FREE transfer...

George Burley is no fool and you do not get signed by the likes of him and Inter Milan if you are some mug... this guy obviously has bags of potential.

I do feel however that we need to get another central midfielder in... somebody that has a bit more about them with regards to their all-round game.

Somebody who can put their foot in but can also add the creativity and goal threat that our midfield has been so desperatly lacking over the last two years.

I would like to sell well done to Granty though in pulling this one off! [Y] [:D]

[/quote]

Congratulations are due to Smudger, as this appears to be the most constructive post I have ever read from you.  You are right to stick by your guns, but I respect your well written, and non-vitriolic comments in this post.  Long may this last.

[quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]My opinion on the board hasnt changed one bit and by signing a bloke whos hardly set the scottish league,yes scottish league on fire is not going to change that. We have lost out on good signings in Sharp,Varney,Eastwood ect ect and sold our most valuable asset and signed Cureton [average in my opinion but his hearts in it] We''ve signed a pretty decent keeper hopefully and apart from a tweak here and there thats it. The Lappins,Ostembors fothersometing and Brelliers really dont set my heart beat racing. sorry to sound defeatist but.......[/quote]

Are you blaming the board for those failed signings? Also I didn''t realise we''d missed out on Eastwood yet, would you care to clarify this infomation? As for the other players you practically bemoan them but in your next post say you don''t have any better ideas, which isn''t a very sound arguement.
[/quote]

Yes to an xtent i am blaming the board. The point im trying to make is that PG is left chasing players that i believe were always his second choice and thats down to the fact that the players i believe he really wants do not find a club who are struggling in the last few seasons very appealing. Im not bemoaning the players we have signed as i hope they all do well for the club its just that i think in a alot of cases non more then the sharp/cureton scenario its a case of get who we can. Like i said i dont have the ideas but it seems to me that poor PG has ran out of them on occasions and that is the boards fault..no one wants to come here at the moment. On a different note, why didnt George Burley, a man who nows Brellier inside out, not go for him this time round? Im not to clued up on the southampton squad so it could be a case of not needing him/better players already. can anyne maybe give me there view?

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Going back a few years now but am i right in thinking that paul mcveigh only cost us £50,000 when we signed him from spurs? that was bloody good value for money.

It''s almost as if certain people would have been happy if it was announced we had signed brellier for £1,000,000 but dissapointed we''ve got him on a free!!!!

[/quote]

Your missing my point. I really really hope these players under the stewardship of PG do well its just that im not going to start posting messages on here saying how great so and so is because so and so done it 15 years ago and we only paid this much ect ect . At the end of the day we have signed players who i know very little about and im not about to start shouting from the roofs about how great the club/manager/board have done to get them here and how we all shoud be really pleased and all the so called negatives should look really silly now..Nope, hope im proven wrong but my feet are staying firmly on the ground.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

On a different note, why didnt George Burley, a man who nows Brellier inside out, not go for him this time round? Im not to clued up on the southampton squad so it could be a case of not needing him/better players already. can anyne maybe give me there view?

[/quote]

I don''t know why Arthur, but I''d have a guess that they couldn''t afford him.

On a different note, why didnt George Burley, a man who nows Brellier inside out, not go for him this time round? Im not to clued up on the southampton squad so it could be a case of not needing him/better players already. can anyne maybe give me there view?

[/quote]

I would guess that Burley doesn''t have the room in wages to make any new signings, as the Southampton Board told him to wheel and deal if he wants to bring anyone else in.

Also, we know that Brellier had other options. Burley may have enquired. We simply do not know.

I would like to say that the (assumed) failure in getting Sharp''s signature had far more to do with Billy and his agent than anyone at Norwich. Marshall and, by all accounts Brellier, are players Peter really wanted here - as was Jamie.

Not every manager will get all of his targets. I believe he is happy with what he''s managed so far, and I would expect him to feel the Board are backing him. In this case, actions have spoken far louder than words IMO.

[/quote]

Perhaps Burley has other areas of his squad he needs to strengthen first with his now limited transfer budget?? 

Burley is no worthless and his 4 left backs but no right midfielder...  He probably has no need or budget for a new defensive midfielder.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Perhaps Burley has other areas of his squad he needs to strengthen first with his now limited transfer budget?? 

Burley is no worthless and his 4 left backs but no right midfielder...  He probably has no need or budget for a new defensive midfielder.

[/quote]

Absolutely Arthur/CJF...

Burley already has Viafara, Surman, Wright, Skacel, Licka and Baird at his disposal in midfield.

He probably would of only been about 3rd or 4th in the pecking order if he had moved to The Saints.  Maybe Brellier felt that he would get more of an opportunity at Carrow Road?

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

Agreed Alex, but....

When WE signed him, it was for 60 grand, so I was right there, what happened afterwards was incidental as most players sold have that type of clause put in by the selling club.

If City hadn''t gone up, it would have remained 60 grand, so who''s bending what??

And even at £300.000 it was a steal........agreed?.

[/quote]

He cost 300,000 mate end of story.

Most of the players we sign are on initial payments but do you mention that {Ashtons downpayment was 2m but do you go around saying we signed him for 2m}?

I cannot see how you can say Grant wanted Cureton here , he was banking on a Earnshaw, Sharp frontline and only went out and panic bought Cureton when he knew Sharp was not coming and Earnshaw was off .

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

I honestly think Fotheringham will turn out good. If he plays next to a destroyer like Brellier, he will only benefit. This will allow Fothers to use the ball in a playmaker type role, something he couldnt do when playing with Safri as he wanted to do it. (god am i resigned that Saffs is off??)

Im probably going to get laughed at but lets not write Fotheringham off.....i believe he will change a few opinions.

Watch this space.

[/quote]

Now i know it was only Kings Lynn and he should of played well, i think its really positive that Fozzy has started well. I still believe (as my qte above states) he will be a key player for us this yr!

By the sounds of it he has worked his nuts off all pre season, this will probably shake off any rustyness he had and is looking sharp!

Good man Fozzy.....i have faith in you!