Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Yet another Bosmans 'Billy No Marks'.

We should all cheer when Norwich City play; we have to get behind the players on the pitch, 100% and relentlessly, all of the time.

Frustrations with the quality of players, the quality of our football, and whether we win games should be aimed at only the manager, and the board who appointed him.

It is disgusting that people are even considering not going into this season at full tilt to give the whole squad every single bit of support possible, because quite frankly, this great club will get nowhere near the Premiership without the fans singing their hearts out and creating an environment where our players want to perform. We could spend £15m on new players, yet if the atmosphere inside our stadium is not conducive to a winning, successful environment, then we will fall way short again. Money is not everything, but combine what money we do have (more than you perhaps think) and the potential we have to create something special again at Carrow Road, and we might just do it and surprise a few people, just like in 03/04.

Get behind the team come August 11th, for the good of our club we need to go all guns blazing and lead the way. If the manager and board fail to match our passion and support, then by all means voice the frustrations, but give the players everything we have.

[quote user="Wayne Gardner"][quote user="cityangel"]

Why are players getting crucified before people have even seen them play.

Lets get back to being decent Norwich fans which means giving people a proper welcome and not making judgement until they''ve kicked a ball!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

[/quote]

Perfect example of blinkered Norwich fans. We cant moan about a player till we see him then when we do see him and IF he is crap you will slag us off for moaning then.

In your world we should all cheer when Norwich play and just be grateful for what we have whether its crap or not and heaven forbid we should dare to be ambitious.

[/quote]

Perhaps you should try and be a bit more patronising towards people who don''t share your point of view. If he is crap when I have seen him play, I certainly won''t be cheering for the sake of it. As CA says, I would appreciate it if you could explain how you can justify judging the ability of footballers that you have never seen play. Because amongst all of the ambivalence and pointless labelling of posters as positive or negative, this seems to be a practice (and an increasingly common one at that) which is universally counter productive from any point of view. I''m very interested in your reply? 

You''d support signing Chemical Ali if you could find one decent write up about him on the internet. He''s a nobody who has been playing under the noses of the miriad of northern scouts for ages.....and it takes our great turnip spotters to find him. Pure genius.

He''ll be lucky to get a game (maybe he has catering leanings)...and is probably a standby for Lewis if he ever gets a game. In essence...a non signing........

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich
&itemid=NOED27%20Jun%202007%2011%3A54%3A38%3A493

Whats the point?, whats the damn point!.

And don''t just say '' for cover'', McGrant has just revealed his 99th goalkeeper signing (make your damn mind up will you!) and he is yet another ''Billy No Marks'' to add to the payrole.

If this is the standard of your promised 2-3 new signings, I wouldn''t bother mcmate!, sod of and re-join  Pardew please, before you do yet more damage to the squad!.

I am now getting very concerned for our safety next season!

[/quote]

OK, WIZ, If you were Manager of Norwich, what would you do then?

Right, so say Grant has always intended on signing 2 goalkeepers this summer, Marshall, and someone to challenge him. Can anyone seriously tell me they would rather us spending a transfer fee on a ''name'' keeper to sit on the bench, rather than sign a promising young english keeper on a free? Plus the fact his wages will most likely be low-average.

No doubt if he did, we would be getting "Why has Grant waisted money on a goalkeeper whos never going to play for us?! What a disgrace!"

So if 2 keepers were always on the agenda, this in no way indicates a lack of ambition by the board, or anyone at the club. If he was a striker, then i''d agree this was lack of ambition, and that we''ve chosen the cheap option again. But this is not the case.

If the transfer window shuts and we''ve failed in the market again, then by all means complain, but its not justified in this case.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Wayne Gardner"][quote user="cityangel"]

Why are players getting crucified before people have even seen them play.

Lets get back to being decent Norwich fans which means giving people a proper welcome and not making judgement until they''ve kicked a ball!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

[/quote]

Perfect example of blinkered Norwich fans. We cant moan about a player till we see him then when we do see him and IF he is crap you will slag us off for moaning then.

In your world we should all cheer when Norwich play and just be grateful for what we have whether its crap or not and heaven forbid we should dare to be ambitious.

[/quote]

So justify to me how you can evaluate a player before you''ve seen him play??

Moan when he''s played a few games and is crap until then sit down and shut up!!!!!!

[/quote]

You have in the past moaned about players getting stick during the season and your now moaning about people who are concerned by lack of ambition. In your eyes Norwich can never do no wrong so i think it is you who needs to sit down shut up little lady.

Stop evading the point WG, THIS THREAD has been generated by a complaints about a player (who I believe to be back up for a first choice keeper, unless you are also accusing Grant of lying which is another issue altogether) who nobody has seen play. Actually that''s not strictly true, but those who have seen him play have generally given him good reports. Now please explain what purpose is served by moaning about the quality of a City player that you have never (I repeat, never) seen kick a football.   

[quote user="Wayne Gardner"]

You have in the past moaned about players getting stick during the season and your now moaning about people who are concerned by lack of ambition. In your eyes Norwich can never do no wrong so i think it is you who needs to sit down shut up little lady.

[/quote]

CA''s ''shut up'' quote got to me too Wayne, charming eh?, had she been told to shut up, the hissy fit would have started ages ago!.

Sorry CA, but thats how I see it, we are allowed to have a different opinion to you, without the need for that kind of behaviour.

I see so city angel can tell me to shut up { very rude } and when i respond im the one in the wrong?

Gosh id love to live in your world.

The whole point of a forum is people have different opinions have you not cottoned on to this/

How exactly have i accused peter grant of lying?

Oh dont the "little norwich are perfect brigade" love to put words in peoples mouths.

No i have never { i repeat never } seen him play, i also have never { i repeat never }heard of the guy! Usually when you swoop on the lower leagues you have actually heard of the fella and yes i do pay attention to what goes on in other leagues.

have you seen him play? do you know how good he is? because i havent got a clue, and have the same right to post whatever i feel because i love this club and the way its been handled in the last 3 years is a joke and theres no sign that that will change. Signing 2 lower league players on frees is hardly going to get the fans excited.

Nardiello prefered QPR to us, yep the mighty hoops were deemed more ambitious.

Rae prefered cardiff-do you really think they have more money than us? gated of 10,000 when they were top of the league for gods sake.

Get in the real world-our club is a laughing stock, and fans like you defend the way it opperates-if we did end up like leeds { as so many people have made a pathetic attempt to use this as an example of why we shouldnt spend money} i bet it would make your day!

[quote user="3canaries"]

OK, WIZ, If you were Manager of Norwich, what would you do then?

[/quote]

I would go to the board and demand that they back me 100% with hard serious cash, and break my balls to get Cureton and Eastwood in.

If they said no, or offered feeble excuses, I''d do a Martin O''Neil..............and walk out.......... and like Martin, I''d let the local and national media know why too!.

But then again, it would take real balls and a love for the club to do this.............and I doubt Grant has the latter quality!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Wayne Gardner"]

[/quote]

CA''s ''shut up'' quote got to me too Wayne, charming eh?, had she been told to shut up, the hissy fit would have started ages ago!.

Sorry CA, but thats how I see it, we are allowed to have a different opinion to you, without the need for that kind of behaviour.

[/quote]

a difference in opinion yes but in this case CA is right, how can you call yourself supporters when you don''t support a player who hasn''t even donned the jersey yet? if he turns out to be rubbish then jump on the band wagon but until then why not for once be glad the club is picking up promising freebies and be satisfied that things are being done.

on top of that its been reported that he turned down premiership interest, he wants to play here, isn''t that what we''ve been wanting? players who want to play here? and how bad can  he be to turn down the premiership?

yes he was at stoke for 18 months Wayne.. and never played a single game for them... read this months 4-4-2. they thought Foster was a "Billy no mark" and therefore not good enough....

Bet he wakes up every day and laughs now doesnt he?

give Gilks a chance

jas :)

I see so city angel can tell me to shut up { very rude } and when i respond im the one in the wrong?

Gosh id love to live in your world.

The whole point of a forum is people have different opinions have you not cottoned on to this/

How exactly have i accused peter grant of lying?

Oh dont the "little norwich are perfect brigade" love to put words in peoples mouths.

No i have never { i repeat never } seen him play, i also have never { i repeat never }heard of the guy! Usually when you swoop on the lower leagues you have actually heard of the fella and yes i do pay attention to what goes on in other leagues.

have you seen him play? do you know how good he is? because i havent got a clue, and have the same right to post whatever i feel because i love this club and the way its been handled in the last 3 years is a joke and theres no sign that that will change. Signing 2 lower league players on frees is hardly going to get the fans excited.

Nardiello prefered QPR to us, yep the mighty hoops were deemed more ambitious.

Rae prefered cardiff-do you really think they have more money than us? gated of 10,000 when they were top of the league for gods sake.

Get in the real world-our club is a laughing stock, and fans like you defend the way it opperates-if we did end up like leeds { as so many people have made a pathetic attempt to use this as an example of why we shouldnt spend money} i bet it would make your day!

[/quote]

I haven''t seen him play which is exactly why I say that I can''t judge him - so I don''t see how you can either. My reference to accusing PG of lying is referring to the implication in this thread that ''Billy no Marks'' is here instead of Marshall, as opposed to being cover for him despite Grant''s insistence that he is still after Marshall. If you don''t think that Grant is lying, then what is the issue?

And on the subject of putting words in peoples mouths, please show me any post from the last three years in which I have even so much as hinted that I think that "little Norwich are perfect" and I will concede your point.

I obviously agree that everyone is entitled to state their opinion (more so than you do, judging by this post and your ''observation'' that my defence of the club on this occasion means that I would be chuffed to see us end up like Leeds) - I am simply saying that I don''t think that it is fair to judge a player before having seen him play. I am just asking you why you do think it is fair?

I think I have put this all clearly enough, let''s see how you twist this one. [:D] 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

yes he was at stoke for 18 months Wayne.. and never played a single game for them... read this months 4-4-2. they thought Foster was a "Billy no mark" and therefore not good enough....

give Gilks a chance

[/quote]

I see what your saying Jas and i believe you are one of the more intelligent posters on here { i openly admit im not one } but what i was getting at was he has had the last 4 years at clyubs so how could he have been playing for the club you mentioned 18  months ago when he was at watford on loan from man utd?

I respect your opinions Jas, much more than some who i dont have to mention.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

But then again, it would take real balls and a love for the club to do this.............and I doubt Grant has the latter quality!.

[/quote]

But then again Wiz, I doubt O''Niell had the latter quality!!

Maybe Grant does?

[quote user="Wayne Gardner"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

give Gilks a chance

[/quote]

I see what your saying Jas and i believe you are one of the more intelligent posters on here { i openly admit im not one } but what i was getting at was he has had the last 4 years at clyubs so how could he have been playing for the club you mentioned 18  months ago when he was at watford on loan from man utd?

I respect your opinions Jas, much more than some who i dont have to mention.

[/quote]

get hold of the latest 4-4-2 magazine and read the interview with him....

Why is everyone so upset about this signing?1. He''s Young2. He''s English3. He doesn''t cost us anything unlike hughes and some other rubbish4. It''s a signing and sign of intent5. Grant has kept to his word of signing at least one goalie6. It''s a signing7. His wages''ll be cheap.So what if he fails, he didn''t cost us nothing.If he does well we profit in allsorts of ways. Wizard get a grip and stop being a scare-mongerer, things aren''t bleak like you make out. Would love to see cluck post something positive for a change, it''ll never happen.

So again i will ask-where do i say grant is lying? Please quote me on that one if you are so convinced you are correct and im lying.

Ive not said hes now our main keeper so Grant must be lying.

All ive said in the past  is im not happy with the current state. Other clubs have been signing players { leicester 8 } and i feel that this is the same way we have gone for the last 3 years and look how well we have done.

So over to you to find the quote where i accuse grant of lying-lets see how you twist this one around.

So again i will ask-where do i say grant is lying? Please quote me on that one if you are so convinced you are correct and im lying.

Ive not said hes now our main keeper so Grant must be lying.

All ive said in the past  is im not happy with the current state. Other clubs have been signing players { leicester 8 } and i feel that this is the same way we have gone for the last 3 years and look how well we have done.

So over to you to find the quote where i accuse grant of lying-lets see how you twist this one around.

[/quote]

Okay, very sorry you win, lol! [:D] I''m not being facetious, I''m apologising. I was making a melodramatic point to illustrate that Grant has said he is still looking to bring Marshall in and, therefore, why the panic because he has also signed what appears to be a promising young keeper as back up - I don''t get the problem. Anyway, it was childish, sorry! [;)]  

Had anyone heard of Culverhouse, Gunn, Bowen, Watson, Drinkell, Phelan, and Crook before they signed for us? I suspect not and look how they turned out. I can just picture Wiz and WG going who the hell is this "Billy No Marks" Phelan guy we are singing from Burnley - never heard of him and he has cost us £60K. Cheap option again he must be crap!!

Unbelievable the utter tosh some people come out with.

Oh and WG, "shut up little lady" has got to be the most patronising comment I have seen on here. Why did we have to have the little lady comment?

http://www.rochdaleafc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad/player_profilesDetails/0,,10441~10059,00.html

Now please, can other people who have posted in this thread and others with regards to Gilks just STOP moaning about him before any of us have had a chance to see him perform [:@]

Yes, I''ve never heard of him before neither - but FFS GIVE THE BLOKE A CHANCE!!

Just because he''s an unknown, it does NOT mean to say that he isn''t going to be any good does it? To me, it can only be good news as it more than likely means that Paul Gallacher is going and that Gilks will fight it out with David Marshall/Tony Warner/Joe Lewis/whoever for the number one jersey.

Or does that sound way too positive for the likes of some?[:@]

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

http://www.rochdaleafc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad/player_profilesDetail/0,,10441~10059,00.html

Now please, can other people who have posted in this thread and others with regards to Gilks just STOP moaning about him before any of us have had a chance to see him perform [:@]

Yes, I''ve never heard of him before neither - but FFS GIVE THE BLOKE A CHANCE!!

Just because he''s an unknown, it does NOT mean to say that he isn''t going to be any good does it? To me, it can only be good news as it more than likely means that Paul Gallacher is going and that Gilks will fight it out with David Marshall/Tony Warner/Joe Lewis/whoever for the number one jersey.

Or does that sound way too positive for the likes of some?[:@]

[/quote]

Just edited the addy, should be a direct link now.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

Had anyone heard of Culverhouse, Gunn, Bowen, Watson, Drinkell, Phelan, and Crook before they signed for us? I suspect not and look how they turned out. I can just picture Wiz and WG going who the hell is this "Billy No Marks" Phelan guy we are singing from Burnley - never heard of him and he has cost us £60K. Cheap option again he must be crap!!

Oh and WG, "shut up little lady" has got to be the most patronising comment I have seen on here. Why did we have to have the little lady comment?

[/quote]

I think you''ll find we had decent scouts with an eye for talent back then...and managers capable of putting together a team that works. Today our scouts are a bunch of woggles and the manager tactically incapable even if there were talent in the club (which there isn''t).

I suggest the "tosh" continues to pour from the apologists who can''t face up to the fact that free transfers in 2007 will do little to keep this club in Division Two (Championship for the gullible) let alone challenge for something better. The above named players came to City because we were known to play good passing football...now we''ve passed football altogether and become a tin pot catering business for the fallen Madonna. Big difference in appeal I suggest.

In your eyes Norwich can never do no wrong so i think it is you who needs to sit down shut up little lady.

[/quote]

Why dont you cluck off with your mates and leave us to enjoy our football club

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

[/quote]

No-one had heard of Darren Beckford, Dean Coney, Matt Louis Jean, Graham Benstead, Cedric Anslin, Marc Libbra,  and look how they turned out-it works both ways!

P.S Apologys to CA and Macs perm

[quote user="Wayne Gardner"][quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

[/quote]

No-one had heard of Darren Beckford, Dean Coney, Matt Louis Jean, Graham Benstead, Cedric Anslin, Marc Libbra,  and look how they turned out-it works both ways!

P.S Apologys to CA and Macs perm

[/quote]

I had heard of Matt Louis Jean... [*-)]

Cedric Anselin last heard of applying for jobs shelf stacking at supermarkets , It''s true I saw his application form !

A total waste of time !