Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Yet another Bosmans 'Billy No Marks'.

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED27%20Jun%202007%2011%3A54%3A38%3A493

Whats the point?, whats the damn point!.

And don''t just say '' for cover'', McGrant has just revealed his 99th goalkeeper signing (make your damn mind up will you!) and he is yet another ''Billy No Marks'' to add to the payrole.

If this is the standard of your promised 2-3 new signings, I wouldn''t bother mcmate!, sod of and re-join  Pardew please, before you do yet more damage to the squad!.

I am now getting very concerned for our safety next season!

Very quick to criticise but of course you have seen him play!!!!!!!!!!???????

I have and he was very good, have been surprised the Prem teams haven''t been after him yet.

Still hope we sign Marshall tho, but am not disappointed that he is on our books.

Message to The Other 1st Wiz:Are you sure there isn''t some evil twin version of you polluting messageboards with tripe in your name, as I think he''s struck again here.

To This Version Of 1stWiz:....I can''t do it.  I can''t reply in a sensible, polite manner to such a wind-up merchant!

You''ve never seen him play, you dont know anything about him.

Please stop moaning.

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]To This Version Of 1stWiz:

I can''t do it.  I can''t reply in a sensible, polite manner to such a wind-up merchant!
[/quote]

The second I see you moaning about this ''Billy'' guess what version of me will pick you up on it Mr Chimp?.

Wiz, you''re kidding right? Do you know anything about the guy or seen him play - im not going to say he is definately going to be back up but he will no doubt be better than gallacher so i would suggest grant is far from ruining the side

I have to agree Wiz, that this is not a signing to set the pulse racing but I think we should reserve judgement on the lads ability until we have seen him in action. By all accounts he is not half bad and some good judges think he is Prem material. If this proves to be true then he is certainly worth a go on a free transfer.

As to the Sharp, Eastwood, Cureton saga. I expect this log jam will break shortly and hopefully the right pieces will fall our way. I would still like to see a bit of action for a decent midfielder and central defender though.

Why are players getting crucified before people have even seen them play.

Lets get back to being decent Norwich fans which means giving people a proper welcome and not making judgement until they''ve kicked a ball!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Well said. yet more clouded vision because we sign a player no-ones heard of. Before you slag of Wizard for not watching him-have you watched him and i dont mean on soccer sunday for 10 seconds letting in goals for sodding roachdale!

I think this could be a good signing, he''s very keen, Id rather have that than someone who couldn''t care less. The scummers spent £4.5m on that Italian keeper and he was a flop!!

[quote user="Wayne Gardner"]Well said. yet more clouded vision because we sign a player no-ones heard of. Before you slag of Wizard for not watching him-have you watched him and i dont mean on soccer sunday for 10 seconds letting in goals for sodding roachdale![/quote]

In the event that hardly any of us have seen him play i think it''s best to reserve judgement until we have,

i have heard good things about Gilks .

he is a young ENGLISH goalkeeper and one who has had favourable reviews... Keepers dont hit their peak apparently until 30.. and Gilks is what 23?? 24???

a "billy no mark" so Englands number 2, ben foster, a man who was playing for Racing Stafford and working as a chef till about 18months ago is a Billy no mark too is he?

jas :)

I usually like to see what the player''s ex club''s forums say about the player, it seems he is well liked and is a capable keeper by all accounts.

And guess what he saves penalties !   that''s a novelty for a Norwich keeper aint it now ? ? ?

Oh Wiz, Wiz, Wiz what is happening to you? This is just the sort of player we should be signing, a young, hungry player from the lower leagues who wants to play for us and even better he cost very little which means we have money to spend strenghtening other areas of the team. 

Okay, lets look at this in more detail shall we?, here''s what the Rochdale fans really think of him, and they have watched him play!.

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=967&p=16&style=2&forumId=3140&action=1&replytoid=528859740

Whilst you''re there take the time to read some of the other threads on him, some say he can''t kick and he''s unsure and not commanding in the box on crosses (handy that!) you see?, I just don''t make these things up.

For all our sakes I hope he does well, and when he pulls the City shirt on I will cheer him and not end up booing him like others will do at Carrow Road sometime next season!.

But this signing reeks of zero ambition and just re-inforces the prudence mantra so beloved by the board.

Only time will back me up on this, I called Thorne, Jarrett and Hughes right, and it will be the same with Gilks!

I agree SOB;  desire to succeed in the players has been missing for too long.

I dont know Gilks at all,  cant recall any reviews and have never seen him play;  some have seen him and rate him so cant see that its a bad signing as his wages wont be big we lose nothing in transfer fee if it doesnt work.   We seem to be looking for another keeper too so his cost will probably be offset by allowing gallacher to leave - and that feels like a fair swap.

He may be sh!te - but we need to strength the depth of the squad across all positions, which I have always said will mean signing some relative unknowns cheaply together with some ''feature'' players in key positions, central midfield and defence in particular.

As cityangels post showed no team has stolen a march in signing outstanding quality and while it has yet to produce results I know we enquired about Iwelumo and have had offers accepted by Crewe and Scunthorpe for young strikers with potential.  There is still 6 weeks to go before the season starts.  At least we have been active this close season,  which is a huge improvement on the last 2 clsoe seasons;  last year we only signed croft,   we have already doubled that this year having spent nothing, the cash being less than we have saved by releasing thorne, WLY etc.

Start to worry in 4 weeks when we still need to strengthen the midfield and defence and the signs of us looking to buy stop coming from the selling clubs.  

Oh well, it''s nice to see that we''ve developed at least one consistent trait at the club - i.e. tearing apart every player who comes here without ever having seen them play, that''s a helpful one!! If we bid (very) decent money for established goal scorers but they don''t want to come, then that''s the board''s fault somehow and if we try to scout talent from the lower leagues (as a lot of people have been saying we should) then we get threads like this - super! In considering your thread about "what is the use of this message board" Wiz, I suggest that you also consider the content of some of your own input in this equation. (I do agree with you, however, that I would like to see moves made towards bringing Cureton here).   

Macdougall''s perm:

All I ask for, all I''ve ever asked for, is a tiny little spec of ambition from the board. It was after I wrote my ''don''t be held to ransom'' thread that I read that many City fans were saying that we should submit, and pay ''top dollar wages'' if we want the best here.

After very careful consideration I now realise they were right, its a damn shame the board don''t feel the same way too!.

''Billy No Marks'' come on down!.

I think Wiz is getting a little bored over ths summer and wants some stimulation/stirring.

Gilks is a good signing by all accounts. I like what I''ve heard about his stats, performances, clean sheets, age hunger and temperament - a good chunk coming from Bryan Gunn who should know a thing or two.

I still think we should grab Marhall when we can (or when Celtic let us) however. But let''s not be negative for negative''s sake. [:P]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i have heard good things about Gilks .

he is a young ENGLISH goalkeeper and one who has had favourable reviews... Keepers dont hit their peak apparently until 30.. and Gilks is what 23?? 24???

a "billy no mark" so Englands number 2, ben foster, a man who was playing for Racing Stafford and working as a chef till about 18months ago is a Billy no mark too is he?

jas :)

[/quote]

Ben Foster has been at watford on loan for 2 years and was at stoke for 18 months before and is only 21 so i wouldnt make compare him to Gilks.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Lets get back to being decent Norwich fans which means giving people a proper welcome and not making judgement until they''ve kicked a ball!!!

[/quote]

Perfect example of blinkered Norwich fans. We cant moan about a player till we see him then when we do see him and IF he is crap you will slag us off for moaning then.

In your world we should all cheer when Norwich play and just be grateful for what we have whether its crap or not and heaven forbid we should dare to be ambitious.

[quote user="Wayne Gardner"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Perfect example of blinkered Norwich fans. We cant moan about a player till we see him then when we do see him and IF he is crap you will slag us off for moaning then.

In your world we should all cheer when Norwich play and just be grateful for what we have whether its crap or not and heaven forbid we should dare to be ambitious.

[/quote]

So justify to me how you can evaluate a player before you''ve seen him play??

Moan when he''s played a few games and is crap until then sit down and shut up!!!!!!

[quote user="Wayne Gardner"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wayne... why are you using HERB''s avator?

I couldn''t believe what I was reading for a moment from one of the biggest apologists on this forum and then I noticed your name above the avator!!!

He comes with a decent reputation. He''s still quite young, he''s determined to succeed and rumour has it other clubs (including a prem team) were also sniffing around him. I think clearly Grant is trying to bring in competition for positions. This is potentially an excellent swoop.