Sign in to follow this  
ca

Smudger and his Protest

I''m prepared to see how things go at the moment.

However, Smudger does make a valid point. There needs to be substantial investment in the squad before the season starts as the current squad is simply not good enough. The best part of £4/£5 million needs to be spent improving what we have. A Rochdale keeper, Crewe full back and an ageing striker are going to make the difference between finishing 16th and the play off''s.

It would seem that the Marshall deal is just about tied up (at last) and the Czech fellow seems likely to be joining too and this would be a good start. I still feel we need at least 2 further signings to go into the team (centre half & centre mid).

If this investment doesn''t come then surely questions will be asked. I''m not sure I would protest outside the ground as protesting in the ground is more effective (particularly for live on TV games) it got rid of Worthy last year. Plus I sit a couple of rows behind Doncaster in the Lower Barclay!!!!

Come on now though, let''s be fair.  For all his posturing and his fine attempts at espionage, let''s give him a chance to come clean as an ITFCer.

No.

I''m going to do my best to ignore anything to do with Smudger on this board from now on as i''m sick of him taking any enjoyment out of visiting this msg board from the comfort of his armchair and a fake name.

Things could be far worse at the moment, talk of protests is ridiculous, and I hope we will all soon be enjoying football to the full again!

Football is supposed to be entertainment after all and I personally have no interest in spending more time being so pessimistic about our club.

If we can''t be optimistic then what''s the bloody point!

The best thing we can do is totally ignore Smudger and Cluck just don''t respond to any of there replys or topics it will wind them up more than any replys you give them .It is plainly obvious they are Ipswich fans on the wind up and we keep falling for it every time just IGNORE them .

as much as i love the thought of standing in the cold, not going to watch the team i support but instead run around shouting with a maximum of 3 other people...

I think i might just say no this time =-)

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Same old rubbish question the pro board supporters always throw at you when things get a little messy at delias plaything. FACT- Things are going seriously wrong at CR and i for one would like to see more noise with respect to the boards years of mismanagement from the so called CR faithful. I cant believe after the contract rabble with regards to Earnshaws departure that people still back this folly! Utter stupidity in my eyes but what do i know?[/quote]

Thanks for that Arthur..

Are you back from holiday now???

Are you prepared to meet up at the Coach & Horses or another pub in the City on Saturday 4th of August if £5million hasn''t been spent by then and get these protests on the road for the first home match of the season V''s Sothampton on Sat 18th August???

[/quote]

Hello Smudge im back. In answer to your question, bloody right i am. If we dont spend anywhere near that sort of money i think its time to start some sort of action. Sick to death of this pussy footing around these issues that are preventing us from being an established premier club. Actions speak louder than words so lets give the board up to the said date and take it from there. coach and horses near the station? Havent been there for a few years but sounds good if we have to take such action. But why oh why are we in such a silly state? WAKE UP EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

cheers.

[/quote]

Smudger and Arthur

Hope to see you then if you go in the Coach pre match.....be warned it gets extremely crowded!!  Will let Bob and the crew know you are coming......lol

I think that if Smudger the Fudger gets another vote of confidence the excitement will be all to much for him to bare. He will be claiming an overall majority and attempt to storm the boardroom at their next meeting to take them all hostage.

He will then have to celebrate by breaking open a fresh flask of coa-coa!

Please just grow up. Seriously you want us to believe you but its impossible. We have spent more money over the last three seasons than ever before yet you question ambition???!!!!

Smacks of someone with one finger too many and a couple of brain cells too few I am afraid. If you have an armchair please do stay in it and leave the poor innocent people at the ground alone.

I will never join his protests, even if I ever do want the board out, smudger, cluck and others treat other supporters with a disgusting attitude and pathetic childish ridicule that I would never side or join with.So for me its a NO!

CA - Sorry you cannot try to stifle debate by asking for just a "Yes" or "No", so in answer to your question:

At this point in time it is a resounding "No" from me, however, depending on the circumstances, if the club does not back up it words with deeds in terms of using all the money available to strenghen the team/squad,  then it is a resounding "Yes"

Well said.  Calling for protest, even at a time when it is valid (which is not yet) can only be done by people who are respected, not laughed at for the stunning ignorance displayed in their posts.

[quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"]I will never join his protests, even if I ever do want the board out, smudger, cluck and others treat other supporters with a disgusting attitude and pathetic childish ridicule that I would never side or join with.

So for me its a NO!
[/quote]

[quote user="barclayendboy"]The best thing we can do is totally ignore Smudger and Cluck just don''t respond to any of there replys or topics it will wind them up more than any replys you give them .It is plainly obvious they are Ipswich fans on the wind up and we keep falling for it every time just IGNORE them .
[/quote]

Great idea sunshine...but don''t expect us to reciprocate. It''s great fun watching you spiral out of control....and even more fun when we get ignored....The playground "I''m not talking to you" routine is wasted on adults.

It''s all about freedom of speech and sadly too many of you only like to hear what you want to hear. Real life isn''t like that....

Forget it.........

[quote user="Cluck "]

Smudger...I''m surprised you even answered this sad little apologists exercise...and even more sad that you are prepared to stand up and fight for this lot. CA has sucked out the usual band of weaklings who would sit and watch Ipswich play if they wore yellow shirts...and they really are best left to fall flat on their faces. Internet nerds who live virtual lives from the comfort of a shoebox.

I suggest you do like me...let the sheep take the club down the river to the point where they all bail out...and you, me and the other true club supporters can then return to scrape up the mess. We have Yanks bleating from across the Atlantic (he really has his finger on the pulse doesn''t he?)...Pompous Londoners who can''t resist sticking their snouts into another person''s business (we''ve all seen our villages buggered up by them haven''t we?)...students who''ve got more spots than games under their belts....and of course the "new age" spectator who can afford the seats the real supporters can''t. They are not representative of the City....and not worthy of your effort.

The whole City fiasco a waste of time...and under Smith sadly the team itself doesn''t deserve a second thought. There are all sorts of hoorahs turning up at the ground these days...and in truth most of them would struggle to find their way to the ground if you dropped them in Tombland.  Little plastic figures sat in Delia''s cosy dolls house, moved in and out at her behest....and worst of all they pay for the privilege of doing so.

Hilarious....but some how embarrassing. They deserve each other mate.........

[/quote]

I think we should all give up now, Cluck has reached a comedic high that will never be bettered. We should just wait until he and his fellow visionaries ride into the City on their white chargers and rescue us from the mess we are creating, then they can have a balcony celebration at City Hall where Smudge could give us a ''I have a dream'' style speech, then Arthur could drive the open topped bus around the City where the throng would cheer and offer up their first born to these great great men. Then to the Castle where the main culprits would be placed in stocks and pelted with Delias Winter Collection. Finally Cluck would be crowned and placed in his rightful place at the front on the Directors box on a seat with where the initials DS once were etched.

Definately a NO he is a bored bloke that sits on the Internet all day, everyday ,arguing with people on here to get his kicks.

If the statement that he does not even go to matches is true then he will not be at the ground anyway!

It is a fans must to get behind there team at the start of a season, Strange things can happen in football given a strong club bonding i.e Watford and Derby recently! They were certainly not favourites to go up.

[quote user="Cluck "]

Smudger...I''m surprised you even answered this sad little apologists exercise...and even more sad that you are prepared to stand up and fight for this lot. CA has sucked out the usual band of weaklings who would sit and watch Ipswich play if they wore yellow shirts...and they really are best left to fall flat on their faces. Internet nerds who live virtual lives from the comfort of a shoebox.

I suggest you do like me...let the sheep take the club down the river to the point where they all bail out...and you, me and the other true club supporters can then return to scrape up the mess. We have Yanks bleating from across the Atlantic (he really has his finger on the pulse doesn''t he?)...Pompous Londoners who can''t resist sticking their snouts into another person''s business (we''ve all seen our villages buggered up by them haven''t we?)...students who''ve got more spots than games under their belts....and of course the "new age" spectator who can afford the seats the real supporters can''t. They are not representative of the City....and not worthy of your effort.

The whole City fiasco a waste of time...and under Smith sadly the team itself doesn''t deserve a second thought. There are all sorts of hoorahs turning up at the ground these days...and in truth most of them would struggle to find their way to the ground if you dropped them in Tombland.  Little plastic figures sat in Delia''s cosy dolls house, moved in and out at her behest....and worst of all they pay for the privilege of doing so.

[/quote]

That seems like a great idea.  You all stop posting on here slating everything that happens.  Spend all your Saturday afternoons in the Coach & Horses moaning and regressing into "Grumpy Old Men" in a self fulfilling prophecy. 

When we get relegated / go into administration / or go bust........we will all go away, and you can fill the Directors box and/or dug out.

105 years of history.  The club was here along time gefore you were and will be a long time after.

No. Will be there, supporting my team and enjoying the day with friends, not jumping up and down to get noticed but achieving nothing.

Not that I condemn their "actions", they have every right to protest, but nothing will come out of it. I suspect the protesters will feel self righteous about it and look pitifully at us folk who choose to go to games and not protest, but hey...

Cluck says its about freedom of speech and is spot on, its just a shame that those who express the same freedom of speech to say that they won''t be joining in are derided so.

OTBC.

[quote user="nobbyg"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

That seems like a great idea.  You all stop posting on here slating everything that happens.  Spend all your Saturday afternoons in the Coach & Horses moaning and regressing into "Grumpy Old Men" in a self fulfilling prophecy. 

When we get relegated / go into administration / or go bust........we will all go away, and you can fill the Directors box and/or dug out.

105 years of history.  The club was here along time gefore you were and will be a long time after.

[/quote]

The club will be...but the majority of the luvvies who nowadays sit in the stands won''t. When the balloon bursts (and not just at NCFC)...vast swathes of these modern trendy spectators will disappear....and the clubs will be pleading for proper fans to return.

It''s the club only that I support..not mercenary players...individuals or investors. I''ll be back there when the gloss peels off the grandstands to pick up the pieces ....but I''ll wager more than a few currently on here won''t.

For some of us this club is in our blood by birthright...but for most on here it is merely a trendy "interest". We''ll see how many will be left when we are down struggling in League One...as no doubt more than a few will have changed their colours by then.....and may I be so bold as to suggest Manchester United?...............

No, no and more no!!

The question is, If we buy all the players we need to strengthen the squad and spend less them £5 million, will smudge''s protest still go ahead?

Surely it''s not about how much you spend, more to do with what you spend it on.

no.

First it was the manager, now the bored who''s next? I suggest you have a look at yourself and realise that YOU are harming the team with these pathetic protests. Grow up and support your team.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lappinitup"]

WHAT !!

Support someone who calls himself a supporter but never goes to matches !

Someone who calls for a protest but refuses to lead one !

Someone who calls fans idiots and worse !

Someone who has never had a good word to say about NCFC !

You''re having a larf.

HUH !!

[/quote]

Who says that I will not lead a protest?

Please do not put words in my mouth....  I AM PREPARED TO LEAD A PROTEST UNLESS A MINIMUM OF £5million  is spent prior to the season kicking off!!!

I feel that it would be best led by somebody else who has more patience with you squeakies... but if nobody else has the balls to lead a protest then YES I will lead it!!!

Even if there are only ten people brave enough to show this board up for what they are then YES I will lead the protest and nothing any body will say will change that...

The only thing that will prevent these protest''s from taking place is COLD HARD CASH to the tune of £5million plus being spent prior to us kicking off our first home match at home to Southampton!!!

[/quote]10 people standing outside carrow road  will be a p*ss poor protest. there simply is not the feeling of anger that you are feeling. so get a grip.and normally i will be the first to protest!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Definately a NO he is a bored bloke that sits on the Internet all day, everyday ,arguing with people on here to get his kicks.

If the statement that he does not even go to matches is true then he will not be at the ground anyway!

It is a fans must to get behind there team at the start of a season, Strange things can happen in football given a strong club bonding i.e Watford and Derby recently! They were certainly not favourites to go up.
[/quote]

oh will I not?

All I can say is we will see then won''t we???

It didn''t stop me making a one man protest after the Wolves game last season did it (as others will verify that post on this site)?

There are a growing number of fans who have stopped going to games because they are sick ofbeing ripped off... yet they are still prepared to take part in some kind of protest!!!

[quote user="JC"]

Well said.  Calling for protest, even at a time when it is valid (which is not yet) can only be done by people who are respected, not laughed at for the stunning ignorance displayed in their posts.

[quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"]I will never join his protests, even if I ever do want the board out, smudger, cluck and others treat other supporters with a disgusting attitude and pathetic childish ridicule that I would never side or join with.

So for me its a NO!
[/quote]

[/quote]

haha something that I agree with... I am not the best person to lead such a protest....

But if nobody else will take the bull by the horns then I WILL....

Like I have said there are far too many prepared to sit there and do nothing...  I would prefer somebody else as the spokesperson of any such group because I agree with the points which you have made here to some extent...

Although if nobody else will lead such demonstrations then I will lead them... BECAUSE AS I HAVE STATED BEFORE SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE!!!

[quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

Yes Cluck I know that they deserve each other.... but there are many fans like you and I who are sitting around waiting for something to change...

Tell me how you still feel in a year or more from now when you have not seen your team for over a year and a half... maybe you would be a little more prepared to force some changes then???

I am not doing it for them... I am doing it for fans like you and me and others like us who are utterly sick of the whole situation.

It is of course dependant on how many and what kind of people are up for it...

Maybe there will be a few on here who have the balls to do something... maybe there will be none... who knows?

For anybody that is not prepared to take part in such protests I do not give a monkeys about them...

I certainly don''t want to hear them complaining again at the end of the coming season as yet another season rolls on towards an awful end... because quite frankly they have no right to complain and deserve everything that they get....

Why else have they subscribed to watch such c**p in the first place???

Seems that most of the monkeys in the Circus are still happy though doesn''t it???

I''d like to register my vote as a season ticket holder of 24 years who was part of the Chase-Out demonstrations, and who doesn''t mind standing up and saying when something is wrong.

NO

Grant needs a chance, and the board are no worse than any other in the country that don''t have a sugar daddy bankrolling them.

Smudger and Cluck can do one and I''ll happily turn up to any protest and laugh at their self-important mumblings. Cluck can discuss nothing about the club except the board because as an Ipswich fan stirring, and Smudger is a stay-at-home hero. BORES OUT!!!

The following was written after we had gained promotion to the Premiership - I don''t know who by , but it was in the EDP

Those not of the football faith never will probably never understand just why it all means so much to so many people. The delirious scenes in Norwich city centre earlier this week, however, may just have drilled the message home that supporting Norwich City Football Club is about far more than football. It is about where we are from, a place of which we feel immensely proud – it is part of who we are. A woman I interviewed for this paper on the morning of the victory parade, her scarf weighed down with badges, said of her beloved club, “It''s my blood”. Thousands will relate to that.

The idea of pledging your allegiance to some glamour club on the other side of the country simply because they are successful does not compute.

Do all you moaners get it now ?

If not why not go away have a think about it and leave us who want to go and support OUR club alone - those who don''t go really have no right to moan.

[quote user="Cluck "]

For some of us this club is in our blood by birthright...but for most on here it is merely a trendy "interest". We''ll see how many will be left when we are down struggling in League One...as no doubt more than a few will have changed their colours by then.....and may I be so bold as to suggest Manchester United?...............

[/quote]

Okay, so anyone who doesn''t agree with you aren''t true supporters? Right...

I wholeheartedly agree Smudger and believe me deciding NOT to see my team play next season is a far harder decision than following the sheep.....however....have you ever saved someone from a good hiding and found them absent when you could do with a bit of help?

This is the scenario you are in.....

I''m totally behind you and your motivation...I just fear that there are too few battlers in the stands these days and so seeking something better for them is a thankless task. They don''t warrant it...and nor does the hierarchy entrenched in the boardroom.