Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

I want Hughes to Stay

Reality check here people! This season we are all hoping for a big improvement. Effort is not enough to achieve promotion, you have to have quality and that, very plainly, Hughes does not have. We have Semmy and Colin at right back and Hughes'' inability to pass the ball means he can''t play in midfield. I''d snap their hands off!  

Get Hughes out of this football club! I respect him for his commitment but i could give the same level of commitment, and unfortunately probably the same level of skill. Andy Hughes gives 100% every time but the fact is that he is just absolutely s****, he can''t pass a ball, he has no pace, he can''t head a ball, he''s not really very good at set pieces, he gets ripped to shreads by any half decent winger/player. The simple fact is that Andy Hughes isn''t a footballer!

[quote user="Cobain18"]

Get Hughes out of this football club! I respect him for his commitment but i could give the same level of commitment, and unfortunately probably the same level of skill. Andy Hughes gives 100% every time but the fact is that he is just absolutely s****, he can''t pass a ball, he has no pace, he can''t head a ball, he''s not really very good at set pieces, he gets ripped to shreads by any half decent winger/player. The simple fact is that Andy Hughes isn''t a footballer!

[/quote]

436 games and 40 goals is a half decent career in football at any level let alone where Hughes has been playing. I doubt you could match that my friend - so don''t hand in your notice just yet [;)]

There''s no room for sentiment in football, so they say, and those who want Hughes to stay because they like him or because he''s a top bloke miss the point. The question is whether he is good enough and whether we would be stronger by replacing him with someone else.

For all his improvement in the second half of last season, to me it just elevated him from "poor" to "OK, most of the time". Which as others have pointed out isn''t good enough for a side with aspirations of the Premiership.

With the youngsters and other cover we''ve got I think we should take any money that''s offered and throw it into the transfer kitty and wages pot for overall team strengthening. His departure may allow us to sign a higher calibre of player than we might have done in another position.

Bottom line- when he gets the ball I''m relieved when he doesn''t hoof it into touch or find the opposition. That''s not a good feeling to have with one of your own team.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Smudger"]

Honestly... some of you lot wonder why people take the pi$$ out of you???

Hughes is awful... always has been and always will be...

I have no qualms in saying that... and say good riddance to the bloke when we finally get rid of him...

I am a nice bloke... but I am not a Doctor or a website devloper and don''t profess to be either of those things...

Andy Hughes is clearly somebody with very limited ability who never should of made it as a professsional footballer and he should hang his head in shame each week as he picks up his over-inflated salary...

What''s more he is supposed to be a PROFESSIONAL... how can anybody on here applaud him for getting involved in a scuffle with fans (who pay their money to see such a useless prick run around the pitch lost each week)?

Norwich should of sent him away on a free transfer immediately after that event... players like him should never pull on a City shirt ever again!!!

[/quote]

How do you know he''s an awful player when you never watch city play?

Agree 100% with the rest though.

[/quote]

Have seen him 3 or 4 times at least SHTTA...

and I would suggest that is more than enough for anybody paying to watch football in this division to watch such an awful footballer...

Please, please, please don''t even attempt to try telling me that Andy Hughes has gone from well Andy Hughes to Steven Gerrard in the last year and a half (since I stopped attending) because then my friend I will just laugh my pants off at you!!!  [:O]

i''m relieved when he does hoof it or put it into touch because it means he hasn''t suicidally let the opposition in on goal