Sign in to follow this  
megson

Web team - questions for the board

Seeing as there are a number of issues on the way the club is run raised on this board, many of which we may not know the full pitcture on, couldn''t the web team/Archant do something around this?

I''m thiking of someone from Archant going through this board and pulling the big issues to raise with the club.

We could then get some answers to some of the key issues.

Now I realise this wouldn''t change the minds of some people (its all spin) but it could shed a lot of light for those sitting somewhere in between. This would be beneficially to the Club as it could clear up some contentious issues (or not!) and clear the air before the start of next season.

If Archant can get the club to agree to do this we could use a thread (or this one) to post the questions we would like answered.

Can it be done?

This is a fantastic idea! I have a couple of points I would like to make however, the content of much that is written using this forum is negative to the extreme and appears to be written by people who’s glass is always half empty. As much as it’s wrong to query their motives, their support and their right to comment it does seem that their sole purpose in life is to criticise the board, the club, the manager and the players continually. What I do find distasteful is the desire by those negative contributors to deride and try and destroy anyone who dares to post anything positive on this site. 

Clearly the last two seasons have been disappointing but no one has a right to success. 

I agree that the club and those who speak on behalf of the club could possibly do with some PR training but I suspect that no matter what anyone says it would be considered by those who want to be negative as totally untrue or spin to con the supporters.

I do believe that a monthly question and answer session with a board member should not be too much to ask but if every answer given does not meet the beliefs of the negative posters then it would only serve to provide fuel for them to continue the negativity.

This would help a lot of us to understand where the club stands now and where its heading in the next 2 / 3 seasons. If we get the chance to ask some relevant questions, lets not make them loaded too anti or pro board, but what we don''t want is just spin.

As some may have noticed I am not fully behind the hotel corner in fill but if the question was asked "How much income to the club is expected in a year from our one third share in the hotel"

An answer with out spin, maybe the figure used it their business plan would help me and others understand why the hotel was built. But if terms like "substantial income" and not the numbers are used it all goes back to mistrust and a waste of time.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

BB, agree entirely.

Either we need to phrase good questions between us, or Archant need to pick the bones out of the issues discussed and form good questions around them.

Its no good them going into an interview with either bile loaded questions, or lovingly worded safe ones either!

The board and the club meejah already contribute, retort, patronise, reply, dispute, mock, deride and answer the posting on this forum.........didn''t you all know that?........(allegedly).[:|]

It''s all true y''know! [;)]

I have my contacts.......and my bi-focals.......and opera glasses.......but no yellow and green tinted weldin'' goggles.[8-|]

[quote user="megson"]

Seeing as there are a number of issues on the way the club is run raised on this board, many of which we may not know the full pitcture on, couldn''t the web team/Archant do something around this?

I''m thiking of someone from Archant going through this board and pulling the big issues to raise with the club.

Now I realise this wouldn''t change the minds of some people (its all spin) but it could shed a lot of light for those sitting somewhere in between. This would be beneficially to the Club as it could clear up some contentious issues (or not!) and clear the air before the start of next season.

If Archant can get the club to agree to do this we could use a thread (or this one) to post the questions we would like answered.

Can it be done?

[/quote]

Questions for the board?  Haven''t any of you realised that what comes out of the club PR machine these days is utter bilge? I''d sooner believe the Polish milkman''s prognosis of events than anything they are likely to feed you.... 

As for transfer activity? One thrilling signing...a past Rotherham reject (amongst other non-clubs) on a free transfer to compliment the other journeyman rubbish brought in by Grant. Ambition my @rse...it''s closing time and we haven''t even got to the bar. Talk of Eastwood and Sharpe? Don''t make me laugh....as they might just as well have "spun" that Henry or Beckham were on the way. Location causing problems?  Yeah, that old chestnut to cover a multitude of sins. Norfolk didn''t stop Peters, Reeves, Fleck blah de da de dah coming along did it?  Maybe it''s just that the club is now a laughing stock under Dame Delilah....ever considered that very real possibility?

Season ticket fiasco being discussed again?  Ever thought that the blackmail element has saved their bacon for another season? "Don''t miss out because we''ve got some great signings on the way and when we top the league you won''t get in". Absolute garbage designed to catch the sheep who just can''t find the courage to stand firm against the pantomime being performed at CR on a weekly basis. Quite frankly I think you deserve each other and I''m just pleased I didn''t get shafted again. I''ll be joining many of the other "pseudo" season ticket holders on here in front of the radio next season...or in the case of the educational outriders...the internet. Maybe I''ll even moan about the lack of atmosphere in the ground from my cheap seat too.

Pathetic to see the capitulation and limpness still being shown despite the obvious ambition vacuum at the club. I swear that if NCFC went bust half of you would simply be pleased to see the extra policemen out on the beat on Saturdays keeping a watchful eye on the city''s "dreadful" litter problem.

Seems like Cluck cannot be laid to rest as I hoped. With all that is self evident here....it''s still like dropping a brick down a well and never hearing the plop. You just don''t get it do you?  NCFC isn''t that friendly honest community club of old that I began supporting umpteen years ago....it''s just a necessary extension to milady''s kitchen.....and while that might be fine for you apologists.... it ain''t fine for me or the other valued forum contributors on here that you childishly "pack on".

I say to the sheep...ask your questions of the spin doctors by all means, but you''ve already fleeced yourself nicely for another year and you''ve only got yourselves to blame. If you get one straight answer to a straight question I''ll pluck myself bald and lay an egg for Delilah to overcook.....in the glare of the tv cameras at the Carrow Road kitchens of course.

Baaaaaaaaah.

Web Team:  Please make sure we get some answers to Cluck''s points, maybe the board could ask him/her why he/she bothers following a club they so obviously love, but cannot find the guts to support.

Cluck, I am not entirely happy with the way things are, but I still intend to support my team and the club I have alway loved.  You  may think me one of your many sheep you so deride, but I am still proud to leave my house wearing the shirt or colours, to stand in the Barclay and sing and encourage our team.  Many disappointments, yes, but many cheers also.

Yes, I could stay away to prove a point.  But does it make me any happier?  No.  It just makes for a bitter frustrated fan who can''t bear to admit, yes, things are bad, but okay, they could get better.  Nothing is guaranteed in football. Certainly not at this level.

I don''t care frankly what you think of me, I will buy a season ticket and go to games for as long as I am able, because that''s what I was brought up to do! Support.  Yes we have seen some dire games recently, but also there have been tentative steps to rectfiy mistakes and errors and try to get us back on the road to success.

I could go and buy another season ticket and send it to you, would you then accept it and watch the games, hoping for improvement and that old desire to return?  Could you resist even picking up the phone for a ticket should we do well prior to Christmas?  I wonder.  Your self imposed exile may seem a good idea to you now, and you can cite poor ticket sales, poor management, board obsessed with this and that to show us "sheep" you know best -  but behind it all Cluck - you are missing out on watching your team, the yellow and green.

I think I should feel sorry for you. 

OTBC

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Neil Doncaster will be answering your questions in a live web chat on July 27.[/quote]

Bet that just happens to be the week that The Realists have booked a holiday [ap][ip]  [H]

Hope the weather is kind to them [li][st][um] 

( Didn''t mean it [:P][;)] )

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Neil Doncaster will be answering your questions in a live web chat on July 27.[/quote]

To be honest i would prefer someone with a track record for not bleating what the fans want hear only to find out its a load of crap.The captain of spin is not the man we want to speak too. Without going in to detail for legal reasons i dont believe a word that leaves his mouth. What about the Turners or Delia-Arthur Whittle would get his chance!

Great post, gazzathegreat - what bemuses me is the need for people to be quite so down on people who want to continue to support and watch their team, and their need to keep harping on about it, almost as if they are superior.  I also have a season ticket, and will continue to go to games for as long as I can.  I currently live in Surrey and it is a real faff to get to many games, I could go to any of the London sides - even those in the Prem - and save tonnes of money, but it does not even occur to me as I am a Norwich supporter.  Who is on the board, and what success we do or don''t currently have does not even come into it.

My only concern with this ''questions for the board'' session is that it will be "hijacked" by those wanting to show how negative they can be, who will then deride any answers they are given, as spin, thereby proving very little.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="megson"]

Can it be done?

[/quote]

Questions for the board?  Haven''t any of you realised that what comes out of the club PR machine these days is utter bilge? I''d sooner believe the Polish milkman''s prognosis of events than anything they are likely to feed you.... 

As for transfer activity? One thrilling signing...a past Rotherham reject (amongst other non-clubs) on a free transfer to compliment the other journeyman rubbish brought in by Grant. Ambition my @rse...it''s closing time and we haven''t even got to the bar. Talk of Eastwood and Sharpe? Don''t make me laugh....as they might just as well have "spun" that Henry or Beckham were on the way. Location causing problems?  Yeah, that old chestnut to cover a multitude of sins. Norfolk didn''t stop Peters, Reeves, Fleck blah de da de dah coming along did it?  Maybe it''s just that the club is now a laughing stock under Dame Delilah....ever considered that very real possibility?

Season ticket fiasco being discussed again?  Ever thought that the blackmail element has saved their bacon for another season? "Don''t miss out because we''ve got some great signings on the way and when we top the league you won''t get in". Absolute garbage designed to catch the sheep who just can''t find the courage to stand firm against the pantomime being performed at CR on a weekly basis. Quite frankly I think you deserve each other and I''m just pleased I didn''t get shafted again. I''ll be joining many of the other "pseudo" season ticket holders on here in front of the radio next season...or in the case of the educational outriders...the internet. Maybe I''ll even moan about the lack of atmosphere in the ground from my cheap seat too.

Pathetic to see the capitulation and limpness still being shown despite the obvious ambition vacuum at the club. I swear that if NCFC went bust half of you would simply be pleased to see the extra policemen out on the beat on Saturdays keeping a watchful eye on the city''s "dreadful" litter problem.

Seems like Cluck cannot be laid to rest as I hoped. With all that is self evident here....it''s still like dropping a brick down a well and never hearing the plop. You just don''t get it do you?  NCFC isn''t that friendly honest community club of old that I began supporting umpteen years ago....it''s just a necessary extension to milady''s kitchen.....and while that might be fine for you apologists.... it ain''t fine for me or the other valued forum contributors on here that you childishly "pack on".

I say to the sheep...ask your questions of the spin doctors by all means, but you''ve already fleeced yourself nicely for another year and you''ve only got yourselves to blame. If you get one straight answer to a straight question I''ll pluck myself bald and lay an egg for Delilah to overcook.....in the glare of the tv cameras at the Carrow Road kitchens of course.

Baaaaaaaaah.

[/quote]

Are you this negative about everything? you must lead a pretty miserable existence, personally i think we''ll sign some good players and make the play offs. you''ll say i''ve got my head buried in the sand and you may well be right but do you know what? rather that than have your outlook. 

i''m always positive at the start of the season it''s the only thing that gets me through 10 weeks of no football :) 

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]

Are you this negative about everything?

[/quote]SHTTA... Meet Cluck!He''s only come out of hiding to mourn the passing of his hero, Bernard Manning..... [:P]Anyways, this web chat can only be a good thing, and I must admit I''d quite like to see Smudger vs Doomcaster - if we could get it arranged as a celebrity fight night, all the better!! [:D]In all seriousness though, some tough questions need answering - the use of transfer funds from the Green and Ashton sales, and the real deal about the Hotel to name but two - and if it takes someone battering Mr D constantly with the same question for 60 minutes then so be it! Could be fun... [:)]

SHTTA.....You ask if I am negative about all things in my life?  Only things that remain hopelessly inept and vacuuous over a considerable period of time, such as our corrupt and spin obsessed government and our once honest football club which has followed a very similar line since Smith arrived. There is an old adage that you can fool some of the people some of the time...some of the people all of the time...but you can never fool all of the people all of the time. The latter is what this current Board is all about and I''m staggered that some of you are still being so blatantly fooled. Next season will prove just as bad if not worse than the last because the fundamentals and drive are just not there. Unlike in politics though we cannot force an election....so the clowns will reign on until they have either ruined the club or feel their money is ebbing away. Then they will run......

It also was stated that I do not have the "courage" to support the club.  I think after 44 years of good fun yo yo football I have stuck with it. During those years I have seen some almighty lows, but the club has never been so tightly held and strangled by an individual as it is today. What us older supporters can see is that the club no longer represents the pride of the city and wider community...it is the mere plaything for a fading celebrity and an extension to a catering empire. That may satisfy some...but not me, so in the short term I simply withdraw my support for the shambles being played out and will come back when normality returns....be that in the "Championship" or League One/Two. It''s not status I seek...just honesty.

The tragedy is that when the openess and necessary honesty does return to the club, all those who have been blindly loyal to the yellow and green will see the difference and realise their mistake. Sometimes loyalty needs to involve real courage and a fight to retain the grass roots foundation of what Norwich City is all about....and being the plaything of one individual is not it. It is unhealthy and undemocratic....and the perfect way forward for stagnation.

You can love the club in many ways...but like the wayward child, sometimes chastisement is necessary in order to help it get back on track. In truth it probably means you love it more because rather than watch it decline un checked...you are prepared to do something about it. I see this present day namby pamby unequivocable "club" solidarity as weakness because watching something fail is the easiest option to take. Standing by a friend out of misplaced kindness when he is out of order is not being a friend....it''s just the opposite and that''s how I see this blind loyalty so many still maintain.

That sort of insight and intelligence is wasted on here Cluck.

It seems some people would turn up and watch the team no matter who was running the club or what their motives were, which of course gives club owners carte blanche permission to do whatever they like safe in the knowledge that their obedient little acolytes will just keep coming back for more. Quite scary really.

Good news, gives us plenty of time to think of our questions.

It''s not going to satisfy some on here, but maybe ND could be given some questions on idepth things such as the accounts early, or to take away?

Also would he be prepared to pass questions/comments onto other memebers of the board?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

That sort of insight and intelligence is wasted on here Cluck.

It seems some people would turn up and watch the team no matter who was running the club or what their motives were, which of course gives club owners carte blanche permission to do whatever they like safe in the knowledge that their obedient little acolytes will just keep coming back for more. Quite scary really.

[/quote]

Now you know I agree that the board have not invested enough money into the football team over the last three seasons. But that doesn''t stop me, and thousands like me, turning up at Carrow Road and all over the country to support our team. I go because I enjoy going. I went when Watling, South, Chase and Smith owned the club and I''d still go if cluck owned it! (I''d rather it was Mello though!) Your post is patronising, as usual!

Those that are younger supporters can see is that while "the club no

longer represents the pride of the city and wider community" neither

does any other club in the top three leagues of english football. 

It is a bit unfair to blame our board alone for trying to keep up with

every other club. Incidentally changing the board will not get back to

this outdated ideal of what a football club is, especially with foreign

investment.

Are you enjoying your retirement?

"It''s not status I seek" sticks in the throat a little - you said you

weren''t going to post if you didn''t go to games because you would be

being hypocritical.  Its so good of you to join us again [:P]

[quote user="7rew"]Those that are younger supporters can see is that while "the club no longer represents the pride of the city and wider community" neither does any other club in the top three leagues of english football.  It is a bit unfair to blame our board alone for trying to keep up with every other club. Incidentally changing the board will not get back to this outdated ideal of what a football club is, especially with foreign investment.

Are you enjoying your retirement?

"It''s not status I seek" sticks in the throat a little - you said you weren''t going to post if you didn''t go to games because you would be being hypocritical.  Its so good of you to join us again [:P]
[/quote]

You utter plonker Rodney!  I was referring to the "status" of the club....which really goes to show where your nit picking thought pattern lies. You should have noticed by now that I don''t give a monkeys toss what your perception is of me..... I just say it like it is and always will.

Sadly 7rew I class you as the typical modern day football "spectator" who thinks modern is always best. No doubt your own personal ambitions match those of the club and so "safety" sits comfortably with your psyche.... but some of us have just happen to have a little more "go" in us and have a mind of our own.

Changing this inept board would have a very immediate impact on events at Carrow Road as it would sweep out the "old" and bring in the "new"........So who is it that actually prefers the "old" to the "new" in reality then? I suggest it might be you and your ilk who are just happy to wallow in the safety zone....risk free with your "saviour" at the helm. Stagnant thinking equals stagnant desire. 

Like I say "limp" is the word.....and with so many other non attending "season ticket holders" posting here as if they actually were the "real McCoy"....why not join them eh? Better than using a spurious new "user name" and trying to hide I think....don''t you agree sonny?

Oh...and by the way...are you serious in your statement that the current circus act are "just trying to keep up with the other clubs"? If you are then I feel you need therapy. They are a bunch of losers hanging on to a personal fantasy......while the good people of Norfolk bank roll them.  If they were genuinely trying to keep up...the Norfolk county border should be no obstacle to investment. This sham alone speaks volumes.

The norfolk border being a barrier to investment is all about aspiring

to do something about the sentiment "the club no longer represents the

pride of the city and wider community". 

Just because something is new does not mean it is any better than old -

nor any worse.  I would be ecstatic with a takeover that would be

an improvement on the current lot.  I would also be devastated by

a takeover that was worse - I''m just honest enough to admit to that.

I have never used another username anywhere (unless 7rew is too short

for forum rules, where I use 7rewotbc or some other longer variant of

7rew) and I am slightly insulted that you suggest otherwise.

I definately do not believe that modern is always best - it usually

isn''t however modern is what we have to compete with and is the

environment in which we have to opperate - so we must try to adapt to

it.  Personally I think a failure to asdequately adapt to the

changes of the last 10 years is the major failing of this board. I have

high hopes that the Turners will change this, I certainly feel we

should give them a chance to try.  They are city fans and richer

than some of the foreign investors that are so highly vaunted as

replacements for the board (e.g. The owners of Hearts and Blackpool).

As to the not going to games accusation - I have never claimed a season

ticket or to get to games very often - I am prepared to take the rap

for that from anyone that can honestly say they would attend carrow

road given a 4 and a half hour train (central trains) trip each way to

get there. I''ll certainly go to the away games up this way - Preston,

Blackpool, Burnley, Sheffield (x2).

Excessive Desire leads to lack of thinking.  And quite frankly that leads to Leeds.

[quote user="7rew"]The norfolk border being a barrier to investment is all about aspiring to do something about the sentiment "the club no longer represents the pride of the city and wider community". 

Just because something is new does not mean it is any better than old - nor any worse.  I would be ecstatic with a takeover that would be an improvement on the current lot.  I would also be devastated by a takeover that was worse - I''m just honest enough to admit to that.

I have never used another username anywhere (unless 7rew is too short for forum rules, where I use 7rewotbc or some other longer variant of 7rew) and I am slightly insulted that you suggest otherwise.

I definately do not believe that modern is always best - it usually isn''t however modern is what we have to compete with and is the environment in which we have to opperate - so we must try to adapt to it.  Personally I think a failure to asdequately adapt to the changes of the last 10 years is the major failing of this board. I have high hopes that the Turners will change this, I certainly feel we should give them a chance to try.  They are city fans and richer than some of the foreign investors that are so highly vaunted as replacements for the board (e.g. The owners of Hearts and Blackpool).

As to the not going to games accusation - I have never claimed a season ticket or to get to games very often - I am prepared to take the rap for that from anyone that can honestly say they would attend carrow road given a 4 and a half hour train (central trains) trip each way to get there. I''ll certainly go to the away games up this way - Preston, Blackpool, Burnley, Sheffield (x2).

Excessive Desire leads to lack of thinking.  And quite frankly that leads to Leeds.
[/quote]

Now 7rew....here we go again.  Where in the above have I accused you of either using an alternative "user name" or that you have ever claimed to be a season ticket holder when you weren''t? A touch of paranoia maybe?  Mine was a generalisation based on your aside that I should have stayed away from the forum having stated I would do so now I was no longer bank rolling the circus. With reference to the bogus "season ticket holders"...surely you must have sussed this one out yourself yonks ago.

I also feel there is a conflict in your assertion that you do not favour the "new"...as you have plainly stated that the past is where cuckoos live and we are now in the "present". The "present" soon becomes the past and that is what has happened to us under milady''s kitchen. Your contentment as things are is the past...and only moving on will shift the emphasis towards success. The future is not to be feared and a future without the present encumbants in place might just return the club to it''s honest roots. I can assure you that when that time comes even you will see the difference it makes in terms of drive and pride.

You should know by now that you can''t throw stones at me...and quoting Leeds (yet again) only shows how scared you and your apologists are of moving forward. Why not quote Reading or Portsmouth instead?...or does that just spoil the argument for you? Progress need not be at the cost of financial ruin....and I''ll wager that the much quoted Leeds will be back in the Premiership again long before we will! They won''t be whining about being "little old Leeds" and will be out there banging the drum for success.

[quote user="kevin brighton"]

This is a fantastic idea! I have a couple of points I would like to make however, the content of much that is written using this forum is negative to the extreme and appears to be written by people who’s glass is always half empty. As much as it’s wrong to query their motives, their support and their right to comment it does seem that their sole purpose in life is to criticise the board, the club, the manager and the players continually. What I do find distasteful is the desire by those negative contributors to deride and try and destroy anyone who dares to post anything positive on this site. 

Clearly the last two seasons have been disappointing but no one has a right to success. 

I agree that the club and those who speak on behalf of the club could possibly do with some PR training but I suspect that no matter what anyone says it would be considered by those who want to be negative as totally untrue or spin to con the supporters.

I do believe that a monthly question and answer session with a board member should not be too much to ask but if every answer given does not meet the beliefs of the negative posters then it would only serve to provide fuel for them to continue the negativity.

[/quote]

Good post Kevin , well said mate , [Y]

I too believe a Q and A session is a positive step forward.  Of course certain points may not be answered, those dealing with wages and personal details, but those asking about what the club stands for, their remit for this season, how long they will give the present manager to gain promotion, what other investment options they have (after the hotel), what does the introduction of the Turners mean and what significance they will have?  There are many questions I myself would like an answer to.

Thanks web team for setting this up.  To Cluck and others:  You want to ask some questions - here''s your chance, or are you going to come up with another convenient excuse as to why this is just a waste of time?  If so, what are your plans for change at Carrow Road?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I''m not quite sure I see the point of board members asking an employed board member questions.

OTBC

[/quote]

Cant agree more. Mr Doncaster is the hired mouth piece and does not make decisions, he merely says what the club wants the fans to hear.

If this is to be a decent debate, people like Jas, Shack Attack etc are the ones i would like to see asking some questions as they are always sensible and dont try to turn everything into aguments like a certain 7**w and H*****r ruining a innocent post yesterday..

I wont be asking Neil any questions as { nothing personal } i just never get over the way he witheld info about the  Ashton affair. Telling us no  bid had been made when in thge fa cup Ashton didnt play against west ham because he was injured-we later find out west ham had, had a bid accepted and didnt want him cup-tied. Also putting Ashton into a hate figure in some fans eyes by publicly saying it was Ashtons choice to go etc, yet when it was the club who accepted the bid and put the 7m price tag on his head-what was Dean supposed to do? Turn down the chance to further his career and play for England or stay at a club that had accepted a bid for you? Far too much blame was put at Deans feet and the way Neil publicly dealt with that was a disgrace.

I also wont be asking him questions because by my own admission i dont think im capable of making constructive points.

I wonder if anyone will now pick tit bits from this post rather than quote the whole thing for there own means? I can only hope but its unlikely.

Even Mr whitlle may turn this chance into a joke.

Question for Webteam, any chance of changing it to delia, michael or 1 of the turners perhaps?

OK Cluck, I may be being a bit paranoid there and I am sorry.  As

the beginning of your post was addressed to me I assumed that the

entirity of the post was addressed to me as well.

As to your point about me being in favour of the new because I say "the

past is where cuckoos live and we are now in the present".  Let me

employ an (over) complicated analogy:

I am most definately in favour of a world in which I won the lottery

last week. I would love to be able to make plans and act as if this

were the case.  Unfortunately I didn''t.  I must therefore

accept the restraints of reality and plan my budget for the money that

I have.  Surely a Realist such as yourself must recognise this.

The same is true of a football club - I may be in favour of a world in

which players are prepared to play for the club the support for their

entire career, don''t demand excessive wages, aren''t primadonnas, give

100% each game out of love of the club etc etc.  Unfortunately

such a world doesn''t exist now (as it once did)  and it is very

unlikely to again - no board of any description will be able to bring

it back because these are trends in the entirety of football.

I would also be completely in favour of a world in which there is a

perfect board just waiting to take over, or indeed just a better

one.  I am far from convinced that this world exists now either. I

would become convinced of this if one was actually suggested rather

than the "there must be one somewhere" sentiments.

In the world that does exist, Delia is approaching the mandatory

retirement age of the board, so won''t be around forever, we have new

investors who are fans of the club, want premiership football and

importantly there have been NO football matches since they have been on

the board. Who is to say whether or not additional drive and passion

will show on the pitch thanks to their involvement?  Certainly we

have become more active in the transfer market in terms of bidding for

players than we have been in recent years since the Turners have been

involved. In signing Ostembor on a free we have signed a player earlier

in the transfer window than I can remember happening recently. 

What would be wrong with giving them a chance to show what they can

do?  They may surprise you.

I actually quoted Leeds entirely because I found the phrase "leads to Leeds" amusing.

[quote user="7rew"]OK Cluck, I may be being a bit paranoid there and I am sorry.  As the beginning of your post was addressed to me I assumed that the entirity of the post was addressed to me as well.

As to your point about me being in favour of the new because I say "the past is where cuckoos live and we are now in the present".  Let me employ an (over) complicated analogy:
I am most definately in favour of a world in which I won the lottery last week. I would love to be able to make plans and act as if this were the case.  Unfortunately I didn''t.  I must therefore accept the restraints of reality and plan my budget for the money that I have.  Surely a Realist such as yourself must recognise this.

The same is true of a football club - I may be in favour of a world in which players are prepared to play for the club the support for their entire career, don''t demand excessive wages, aren''t primadonnas, give 100% each game out of love of the club etc etc.  Unfortunately such a world doesn''t exist now (as it once did)  and it is very unlikely to again - no board of any description will be able to bring it back because these are trends in the entirety of football.
I would also be completely in favour of a world in which there is a perfect board just waiting to take over, or indeed just a better one.  I am far from convinced that this world exists now either. I would become convinced of this if one was actually suggested rather than the "there must be one somewhere" sentiments.

In the world that does exist, Delia is approaching the mandatory retirement age of the board, so won''t be around forever, we have new investors who are fans of the club, want premiership football and importantly there have been NO football matches since they have been on the board. Who is to say whether or not additional drive and passion will show on the pitch thanks to their involvement?  Certainly we have become more active in the transfer market in terms of bidding for players than we have been in recent years since the Turners have been involved. In signing Ostembor on a free we have signed a player earlier in the transfer window than I can remember happening recently.  What would be wrong with giving them a chance to show what they can do?  They may surprise you.

I actually quoted Leeds entirely because I found the phrase "leads to Leeds" amusing.
[/quote]

Good to read. well done sir.