Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Aberystwyth

I know this is not football related but being a long seving member on here, i thought an exception could be made.

I have to go to Aberystwyth next week, can someone please give me reason for optimism for my 5 day long visit. So good things about aberystwyth please!

I went to University there about ten years ago, and, to be perfectly honest I''m struggling to find anything positive to say about the place.

It does have about 50 odd pubs, and, since the university term should have finished by now at least it won''t be full of pissed students.

A scenic journey, Welsh cakes, sea breese, scenic journey, new language, university town, the land of Earnie and Bellars........

What more could you want? I mean it''s only 5 days not 5 months - and it''s not even winter when it rains off the Irish sea every darned day!

[:D]

OTBC

I don''t know your age but it is a student town with lots of bars and the locals are very friendly.  My daughter has been there six years and loves the place.  There is a promenade and beach which are ok, not many shops to shout about.  The local scenery is fantastic with lots of places to visit within a short drive, especially if you like walking and wildlife.  I have stayed there myself for four days and found plenty of places to visit North and South of Aber.

Tudalen en yn cynnig y dewis  rhwng feriwn,  Gymraeg a feriwn Saesneg gwefan , Prifysgol Cymru, Aberystwyth !

The town is pretty ordinary ,  but ... come on !   if you have transport ,  and like scenery ,  it`ll be on your doorstep !   enjoy !! 

note for mods , the Welsh  bit isn`t norty ! [;)]