Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Billy Sharpe

Seems official, looks like we have got some money to spend, I''d say if we got Sharp, we''d be better off investing in the midfield and defence rather than buying Cureton.OTBC!Chunky

Looks like a deal could be on the table for Billy Sharp, a bid of 2 million seems to have been made and we seem to have had the only bid accepted so far. I''m very confident that he will sign as generally once we''ve got a player into Norwich to see the facilities and the city, they tend to really like the place. Admittably he has not signed yet but clearly we are willing to spend and the club is certainly showing the ambition, all the club can do now is show the lad around and offer him a good contract, which I have no doubt they will. After that it just down to Sharp and whether he wants to come here or not.So wiz? you still willing to stand by your earlier post of the club isn''t making any effort for Sharp and that it was all just a ruse to "con" more supporters!

So next season we could have Earnshaw, Martin, Cureton, Sharp and Huckers as free-scoring strikers.. Yikes.. That could be mental. As long as they get the goods that is... Hate to say it, but we could end top-striker heavy... Or are we just eliminating the top-scorers scoring against us given were still going to leak loads still..? Sorry, in a funny ole mood today..

OTBC!

Statement from Scunthorpe - "We have had increased bids from both Wolves and Sheffield Wednesday but neither of those come anywhere near what Norwich have offered," he continued.  Now surley that shows ambition on the part of our Club. Can''t wait to see Smudger''s spin on this.

Extremely positive news, i''m very happy! I still think Earnie''s leaving, i think a deals already been agreed (probably with West Sham), and i think Grant''s looking towards life after Earnie... Cureton and Sharp up front... with Martin progressing nicely as backup, notching up a few first team games here, a few first team games there.

So, if Earnie''s off... for say 5m... and we already had 2m. That''s 7m

Less "Calculated costs" of say... 4m

Leaves 3m... that''s Sharp and Cureton ;)

Now we just need a goalkeeper, a defence, and a midfield and we''ll be awesome.

[quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"]

So wiz? you still willing to stand by your earlier post of the club isn''t making any effort for Sharp and that it was all just a ruse to "con" more supporters!
[/quote]

If UEA, and its a mighty big if, we do manage to sign Sharpe, and somehow keep Earnshaw, then I and a few others will owe several people at the club an engraved apology and we will have to eat a huge slice of humble pie!.

Or even if Earnie goes and we replace him with Cureton (and Sharpe is here too!) then I would say the same still applies.

However, this IS Norwich we''re talking about here.

So for now I''m keeping quiet.[;)]

Fantastic news! i really hope we land sharp, he will be fantastic!

Defence and midfield is still a priority though, although i think Grant might be going for the "if they score 4 we will score 5" Keegan Mantra...

Get ready for some thrillers.

jas :)

Its football - the adage its not over till its over applies everywhere not just on the pitch.  Great if it happens.

Their chairman''s rather candid remarks are a bit of a concern though. Anyone else feel like we''re about to enter a rather unruly auction? I feel a bit sorry for the lad!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Defence and midfield is still a priority though, although i think Grant might be going for the "if they score 4 we will score 5" Keegan Mantra...

[/quote]

Didn''t Worthy try and do this and fail though? He used to constantly throw money at striker after striker hoping they''d solve the probem, and we were forever getting strikers in on loan. Whilst I would be delighted if Sharp signs, and I really hope he does, we do desperately need to improve the midfield and defence like you say.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"]

So wiz? you still willing to stand by your earlier post of the club isn''t making any effort for Sharp and that it was all just a ruse to "con" more supporters!
[/quote]

If UEA, and its a mighty big if, we do manage to sign Sharpe, and somehow keep Earnshaw, then I and a few others will owe several people at the club an engraved apology and we will have to eat a huge slice of humble pie!.

Or even if Earnie goes and we replace him with Cureton (and Sharpe is here too!) then I would say the same still applies.

[/quote]

Fair play to you Wiz, Kudos for have the guts to post on this and admint you may have to say sorry.

I say ''may'' as you are of course correct, this IS norwich we are talking about so expect a few more twists as yet!

Isn''t it?

We''re not actually interested whatsoever are we Wiz? And all other like minded.

A 2million bid and now talks, but we have no intention of buying him?

Get Real.

Even if it does meen we''re selling Earny, atleast we''re prepared to pay a descent sum all the same [:D]

I for one am pleased, however.

Sorry Wiz, my previous post was put in this topic, and not by me, after reading your comment, i''m in full agreement with you, so just ignore it [Y]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

That would be great stuff Jas, but unlikely, hopefully midfield and centre half places can be strengthened as well as getting in Sharp.

I for one  would love to see the young Billy sharp down at carrow road but before we get to carried away with ourselfs, IF we sell Earnie then surely we''re back to square one are''nt we? Earnie is a great asset to any club and im sure sharp could do a decent job in filling his boots but it still leaves us with a team weak in midfield and central defence and in search of a quality long term keeper. Lets just hope by signing Sharp Earnie might just see it out till chrimbo and then see where we are then. Martin and Brown would be good back up on the bench as i think money spent on Cureton would be better spent else where. Ifs and buts i suppose but we can but hope.

Sharpe, Earnie, Martin, Cureton, Hucks... Oh my!! [:O](Oh yeah, and Chris Brown [:P])I''m getting slightly excited about this prospect... all we need now is a decent midfield and defence and we''ll be away... hmmmm....

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"]So wiz? you still willing to stand by your earlier post of the club isn''t making any effort for Sharp and that it was all just a ruse to "con" more supporters![/quote]

[/quote]IMHO I think Earnie is on the way out, and sharp and cureton will join us, personnally I''m quite happy with this as I find Earnie to be a poor team player, yes he gets the goals but unfortunatly thats all he does really...

You are such lovely old boys and i don''t like throwing a wet blanket over you, but for me i hope we don''t sign Billy Sharp , what i have seen of him i don''t think he is very good , o. k. he has scored lots of goals for  Scunthorpe , to my mind he is not a clean finisher , nearly all his goals are bundled in , he is every thing i abhor in a striker , i have no time for the "stumblebum" type of player , i would rather we sign the boy from  M.K. Dons . Izzy Mac he can turn on 2 bob bit and has pace to burn , but what do i know about football , arrdee.[:-*] 

Sharpe looked very good tonight on the History Channel. Cut through them Frenchies yet again. A strange lookalike for Sean Bean though.

Billy Sharp is a striker that gets most of goals from good through balls from midfield and wide balls from wingers, so that asks a question. Will the midfield be good enough to give Sharp the supply he needs? I for one dont think so, im praying peter grant signs Sharp (if only to shut wolves up) and a decent midfielder, preferably a central one.

Sharpe always looks good on TV - whatever the opposition.  However

it is mostly the french so should we really be surprised. 

He looks at home in red aswell.  All good.