Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Riddle me this, riddle me that.

According to one of our major shareholders, the Norfolk border is a cast iron constraint in the acceptability of new investors in our club

Yet, one of our major investors was born in Surrey and the other in Wales.

And both our major shareholders live in Suffolk.

Now, will some kind poster please solve this riddle, this conundrum for me, so we can be quite clear that I have made a mistake and that, in fact, hypocrisy is not involved in NCFC board decisions.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

According to one of our major shareholders, the Norfolk border is a cast iron constraint in the acceptability of new investors in our club

Now, will some kind poster please solve this riddle, this conundrum for me, so we can be quite clear that I have made a mistake and that, in fact, hypocrisy is not involved in NCFC board decisions.

OTBC

[/quote]

I think you need to get a hobby, BBB. [:D]

OTBC

[/quote]

cant be true, all our board and investers are lifelong Norwich fans, thats compuslsery allegedly.

Bly - I am not a particular fan of the board but I have to say that it is a complete urban myth that Delia saidinvestors could only come from Norfolk, my understanding of what was said is along the lines of any investor must have a real passion for Norwich City and they do not want somebody who just wants to buy shares but somebody who is going to put money into buying players......happy for you to prove me wrong on that.

Could you show one single quote to back up your statement of fact that Delia said anything of the sort?

OTBC

[/quote]

I think the quotes required are in this statement.

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED09%20May%202007%2009%3A32%3A03%3A913

Delia Smith insists Norwich City are not about to join the growing list of clubs reliant on foreign investment.

The Canaries majority shareholder - who resisted the overtures made by controversial Italian businessman Giovanni di Stefano six years ago, says foreign money is still not welcome at Carrow Road.

A whole host of Premiership clubs - including champions Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Aston Villa and West Ham - are in foreign hands, although Championship clubs could well be in the sights of the world''s richest men.

Leicester City are owned by Serbian Milan Mandaric, while Southampton have reportedly been targeted by Paul Allen, co-founder of global software giant Microsoft and the owner of the Seattle Seahawks American football team.

But Delia says she would risk the anger of City supporters before selling out to someone “without passion in Norwich City”.

Delia was speaking on the day that business couple Andrew and Sharon turner joined the Carrow Road board, relieving the financial tension with a £2m interest free loan.

For a club which has debts of £20m it may seem a small amount, but City''s leading lady insists it''s about more than money.

“Let''s not allow the money to cloud what is more important,” she said. “They are very, very passionate, number one, and number two, they are very, very ambitious. Their business is flying and they want Norwich City to fly and I think that is more important in the end than this investment, although it is welcome and wonderful.

“It is wonderful to increase that amount of ambition and passion that we think we have all got here.

“I think it is one of the greatest joys of all, because we would never want to sell any of our shares to a foreign investor - ever.

“But we probably would get hung, drawn and quartered by the supporters if somebody came along with that big money and wanted

To buy Norwich and we said no, they''d hate us, wouldn''t they?

“We''d upset them.

“I just feel all the investors who are coming in now - they see Man United on the telly and Chelsea on the telly and see these big brands. They can go and take a club and make it into a brand, but there is only room for two or three, there isn''t room for 10 brands around the world and so they are not all going to make it.

“We truly need some foreign investor to go belly up and everybody will go back to normal.”

So no direct mention of the Norfolk border.

(On re-reading this, Delia seems to imply initially that they would never sell to foreign investors but then adds the caveat that popular demand would ensure that they did....

Normally martyrdom comes before canonization, maybe not in Saint Delias case?)