Sign in to follow this  
stroud canary

Ryan Jarvis

Is it time to move on?

Always seems bottom of the pecking order.

And looks like we are trying to get 2 new strikers.

That leaves Earnie, Martin, Hucks, Brown, Sharp(hopefully) , cureton? and..Jarvis

no room at the inn ryan.

Ryan remains a bit of a mystery to me also, I can''t understand why NW didn''t use him more, was it lack of desire on Jarvis'' part, or being overlooked by the manager for another option?

Has he suffered injuries which prevent him from gaining a place in the team or is it attitude? I don''t know, but it''s time he was either given a chance or left to find a club where he might play on a regular basis.

Have never been sure about jarvis so much potential with so few results, how about a season long loan to a league 1 side? i''m sure leyton orient would have him back, give him a proper run of first team football and then make a judgement.

If Earnie stays and we bring in Sharp and/or Cureton, then his days are numbered as far as I''m concerned. I think it would be a great idea if we offered either Scunny or Col U cash + Ryan Jarvis.

He has to be worth a couple of 100k at least, what do others think?

Let him go, please. Preferably, as said, as part of the Sharp deal. I''ve been saying this now for years and I just cannot see why he is still on our books. There was nothing spoken about him after his return to Norwich after Orient, where he set the world alight with 5 goals in 2 games but then didn''t score again for the rest of his loan period, I believe.

It''s too late for him, like it was for Henderson - these are players that we were constantly getting told every single close season since about 2002 that these "youngsters" are "the business" and are the future of our squad. They are still young in general, but in football terms, nope - they''re no longer young enough to use it as an excuse.

Perhaps it is a care in the community kind of thing....for our youth players

keep them here for a while, not really play them or give them a chance, then renew their contracts for a little longer, not play them or give them a chance, then wonder why they all bugger off to the pub and waste their potential that they were never able to show or express due to not ever playing or being given a chance....

As Tom mentions, I think you''ll find I stated the fact the Jarvis may be used as part of the Sharp deal back on June 10th, so for one I really think its time for him to move on,

He has never impressed me even in the reserves, with the likes of Martin and Rentoncoming in, I think Jarvis can say good bye to his Norwich Career.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Shame if he does go. Had loads of potential, just makes me wonder what would he have turned out like if Worthy had used him better.

[/quote]

Worthy knew exactly what he was doing with Jarvis. He knew he wasn''t good enough so that''s why he didn''t play him.

He never had ''loads of potential''. He was probably decent for his age group in his youger years but he''s way off what it takes to make it at this level.

He often looked quite good when he was brought on as a sub, but when he actually started a match he looks so ineffective and lightweight you suddenly remember why he wasn''t in the team in the first place. I''m amazed he''s stayed here this long to be honest.