Sign in to follow this  
stroud canary

Imre Varadi is what worries me!

What worries me most about the sharp deal is his agent!

Imre Varadi is an ex sheff wed player..and Sheff Wed are still sniffing about. Not sure if he is buddies with Brian Laws but just get the feeling he might talk Sharp away from us and towards Sheff Wed.

Just hope Im wrong.

Sheffield Wednesday have got to match our bid first though, and to be honest I don''t think they (or Wolves for that matter) are willing to match £3 million (famous last words, I''m sure).

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I remember Imre Varadi.........and his distant cousin and star of the silent movies, "Ollie".....[:|][/quote]

Good one Mello ! [:D]

Sheff wed ?  why ?  Varadi is an agent !    since when have agents shown any loyalty to anything other that their bank balance`s  ?  scum of the earth that they are ......

What worries me is that Sharp has been here, we have offered the top price and there is still, after 2 days, no indication from him or anyone else that he plans to sign for us. I don''t blame this on the board or Grant or anything else, they have obviously done all they can to get this far, I just feel that he either wants to stay North or go to a ''bigger'' club, if not why hasn''t he just said yes? 

I think that Varadi''s comments say it all, he''s not coming - its just a gut feeling - people normally sign straight away not play a waiting game - I think that he is just using this a means to get a move to Wolves or Sheff Wed

I hope that I am wrong, but think that we need to start looking elsewhere

Give the kid a break.  He is a young lad who has to make one of the most important decisions of his career, it is only fair that he is going to want a few days to think about it, talk to his family etc....

I will say something though.  This signing has got everyone talking, fantastic piece of business/spin/promotion by the club.  A great way to get everyone interested in Norwich City again.

I think signing Sharp would be a real coup for the club.  It may also kickstart a few of last seasons underachievers into gear. 

[quote user="Jersey canary"]

I think that Varadi''s comments say it all, he''s not coming - its just a gut feeling - people normally sign straight away not play a waiting game - I think that he is just using this a means to get a move to Wolves or Sheff Wed

I hope that I am wrong, but think that we need to start looking elsewhere

[/quote]

I feel the same and agree. With nothing having been announced and no encouraging noises from the player himself I should imagine he has asked for time to think about it. I hope we have set a deadline for his decision of, say, Monday 10 AM. At least we will know where we are and can move on, I sincerely hope we haven''t told him to take all the time he needs to think about it - we could end up missing out on our next target or two if that is the case.  

Mark .Y.

This is Clinton Morrison all over again, if Sharpe doesn''t want to come here then fine, ditch him and lets go after someone who does.

Jamie Cureton, come on down!.

[quote user="Gloucester canary"]

What worries me most about the sharp deal is his agent!

Imre Varadi is an ex sheff wed player..and Sheff Wed are still sniffing about. Not sure if he is buddies with Brian Laws but just get the feeling he might talk Sharp away from us and towards Sheff Wed.

Just hope Im wrong.

[/quote]

I don''t think Imre will be a problem. He is Billy''s agent to be serve Billy, not Imre''s former clubs. If that was the case, think how many players Sheff Wednesday would have.

Don''t think Sharp is coming. If he was why would we have subsequently put a bid in for Eastwood?

(Actually I think there''s more chance of Eastwood coming - for once geography favours us... Not a great chance mind you, but still, fingers crossed...)

I''m suprised Grant is willing to wait for someone.

When Jamie Ashdown was not sure if he wanted to be here he shipped him out and said that he only wanted people that were 100% commited to the cause.

billy sharp''s 21 this is potentially a make or break decision for his career - im sure grant understands that

[quote user="Grando"]Don''t think Sharp is coming. If he was why would we have subsequently put a bid in for Eastwood? (Actually I think there''s more chance of Eastwood coming - for once geography favours us... Not a great chance mind you, but still, fingers crossed...)[/quote]

There''s no evidence that we have put in a bid. Grant said he made an inquiry but thats all.

I think Southend are unhappy that nobody has made an acceptable bid yet and are trying to up the anti in order to get Wolves to come back with a higher offer.

Personally I don''t think Eastwood is worth any more than 1.5 million and I would not like to see us pay more than that.

Last year Southend were quoting 4 million which now seems to have put a lot of clubs off.