Sign in to follow this  
lobster catcher

New season ticket holders

My young son and i have just brought our first season tickets this would have not been possible if the ceiling had been reached again so its not all bad news.At least it gives young supporters the chance to see games.so here is a message to all you doom and gloom merchants"nobody makes you do anything in life, if you don''t like whats going on at carrow road don''t worry about it ,clear off and shut up"

Welcome Lobster Catcher, I hope you enjoy your season ticket. I''ve been taking my nephew through thick and thin since he was 7 - which managed to turn his gaze from Ipswich just in the nick of time - and he absolutely loves it. Hope your boy does too.

[quote user="lobster catcher"] so here is a message to all you doom and gloom merchants"nobody makes you do anything in life, if you don''t like whats going on at carrow road don''t worry about it ,clear off and shut up"[/quote]I N C O M I  N G !!!

Couldn''t agree more if people don''t want to come to games thats fine because there are plenty of others who will take there place.  I am also back in the season ticket game after a not having one for a few years.  Personally I was left very annoyed about not being able to get a ticket in the barclay as a casual fan.  Also lets remember that we still have one of the highest amount of season tickets in this league, not to mention a very high average attendance.  So I agree there is plenty to be positive about.

I fear lobster scratcher and Jim Kant are one and the same......

Never confuse "reality" with "doom and gloom".  One is fact and one is pure opinion....the latter in this case being sadly deluded. Pretty soon you fantasists will indeed have the place to yourself as the "football" fan will have left the stands leaving the remainder to ponder which team is wearing yellow and green.

Very sad....but the way it is heading.

Cluck, real football fans support their team through thick and thin, and while not necessarily accepting mediocrity, I think you''ll find they''ll still turn up just because they love the game as much as anything else. There''s plenty of us like that, so don''t deride Lobster Catcher and his boy for wanting to enjoy some football at whatever standard.

I do hope you and your son enjoy the games Lobster Catcher and that you don''t sit near the Clucks of this world.  I can still remember getting our first season tickets and the pride I felt buying my kids their own tickets and how much they loved going.  They still do.  I am proud to say I have encouraged two young kids to becoming life long city fans and that they will in time do the same with their children. 

I am still excited after all these years and the anticipation of a new season is great.  Enjoy your Saturday afternoons cheering the yellow and green.

[quote user="broadie"]Cluck, real football fans support their team through thick and thin, and while not necessarily accepting mediocrity, I think you''ll find they''ll still turn up just because they love the game as much as anything else. There''s plenty of us like that, so don''t deride Lobster Catcher and his boy for wanting to enjoy some football at whatever standard.
[/quote]

Wrong.  "Real fans" fight for their club and don''t idly stand by to watch it fall. Turning up on a matchday indicates nothing as I personally know several closet Man Utd. fans who do just that at Carrow Road rather than sit at home. This way of thinking isn''t just reserved for such closet "spectators" either as many die-hard season ticket holders act more out of habit than expectation. It''s all just becoming a "day out" for the kiddies...and so is it any wonder that the singing is gradually dying away to be replaced by polite clapping...and muffled clapping at that on a chilly winter day.

Thick and thin won''t get us through this farce...and your gate money will just prolong the agony. Maybe if you knew no better it could seem like a colourful spectacle to behold...but for the ambitious it just isn''t good enough.

By the way....Norwich City are the team playing in green and yellow.....or the one losing if it''s nearly half time.

well done and welcome! i have 4 season tickets for me and my kids. and now there are a few spare i might buy one more. because my daughter will be 6 next year and that will secure her ticket for the future!

[quote user="lobster catcher"]My young son and i have just brought our first season tickets this would have not been possible if the ceiling had been reached again so its not all bad news.At least it gives young supporters the chance to see games.so here is a message to all you doom and gloom merchants"nobody makes you do anything in life, if you don''t like whats going on at carrow road don''t worry about it ,clear off and shut up"[/quote]

Welcome lobster catcher, and do you also catch crabs?

I really like seafood, especially them bogey thingys with crash helmets on - the ones that you need a pin to eat them with....(wonkles an'' cickles or summat like that). I ventured into Chicago''s one evening and sampled some old trout - then I had crabs everyday for a fortnight - although, I''m still walking sideways. But, when I''ve had 12 pints of Stella -  I walk normally, but have an uncontrollable urge for more old trout.........I''ve eaten octosquiddypuss''s testicles (they have eight of them and they''re ever so salty)......."If it''s from the sea....it''ll do for me!"

Now, what was your post about again? [:|]

Yes well, even if we were to put up with relegation dogfights year after year I would still go because I love this club and will support them through thick and thin.  It wasn''t so long ago that this club was purely a mid table side.  Anyway I am upbeat about this season even if no one else is.

[quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="broadie"]Cluck, real football fans support their team through thick and thin, and while not necessarily accepting mediocrity, I think you''ll find they''ll still turn up just because they love the game as much as anything else. There''s plenty of us like that, so don''t deride Lobster Catcher and his boy for wanting to enjoy some football at whatever standard.
[/quote]

Wrong.  "Real fans" fight for their club and don''t idly stand by to watch it fall. Turning up on a matchday indicates nothing as I personally know several closet Man Utd. fans who do just that at Carrow Road rather than sit at home. This way of thinking isn''t just reserved for such closet "spectators" either as many die-hard season ticket holders act more out of habit than expectation. It''s all just becoming a "day out" for the kiddies...and so is it any wonder that the singing is gradually dying away to be replaced by polite clapping...and muffled clapping at that on a chilly winter day.

Thick and thin won''t get us through this farce...and your gate money will just prolong the agony. Maybe if you knew no better it could seem like a colourful spectacle to behold...but for the ambitious it just isn''t good enough.

By the way....Norwich City are the team playing in green and yellow.....or the one losing if it''s nearly half time.

[/quote]

Cluck, I can tell from the few posts you have written that you think something is seriously wrong at the club.  So it maybe, but if Lobster Catcher and thousands of others wish to go and SUPPORT their team, why shouldn''t they do that?  I expect there are a few non-canary fans in the stands at every game, and why not, it they wish to watch some football, in their way they are "supporting" us by bringing revenue into the club.  I expect you would classify me as a die hard season ticket holder who goes more out of habit rather than expectation.  I would challenge this.  I, like others I know are not satisfied with every match we see, but go because we LOVE the club, want to SUPPORT the club and hey, some of us actually enjoy singing and cheering, banter with away fans and the sense of family and community a day out at CR brings. 

I agree, sometimes we have to stand up for what we believe in, and if you think by boycotting games and deriding other supporters on a  message board is constructively helping the club, then by all means, carry on your campaign of action.  I have at times in the past not gone to games, but found it very hard to do so.  Those times I have to add were frankly darker times than now. 

So the Carrow Road of old (by that do you mean the old days of the 70s and 80s?) are now replaced by a family atmosphere?  Yes, you are right, it is different and I have been in the Barclay of old circa 75-88.  But those days are gone Cluck and are never coming back.  I get nostalgic thinking of the crowds of days gone by, but there were massive problems alongside the atmosphere this created.  Society and time has moved on now.  Maybe I am lucky in that I am in Lower Barclay E block so I still get a whif of the old atmosphere, but what''s wrong with encouraging families to attend.  Are they not the future supporters of tomorrow....time will come when you and I are no more and then were would the club be? 

I can''t work out if you want the club to fail .....we are the ones losing at half time....so this fits your agenda, whatever that is, or if you are so set on being proved right you don''t care if anyone else suffers.  Personally, for all the dire football I might endure this season, rather that then the self imposed and bitter exile of someone who can''t admit they can''t change a thing.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cluck, I can tell from the few posts you have written that you think something is seriously wrong at the club.  So it maybe, but if Lobster Catcher and thousands of others wish to go and SUPPORT their team, why shouldn''t they do that?  I expect there are a few non-canary fans in the stands at every game, and why not, it they wish to watch some football, in their way they are "supporting" us by bringing revenue into the club.  I expect you would classify me as a die hard season ticket holder who goes more out of habit rather than expectation.  I would challenge this.  I, like others I know are not satisfied with every match we see, but go because we LOVE the club, want to SUPPORT the club and hey, some of us actually enjoy singing and cheering, banter with away fans and the sense of family and community a day out at CR brings. 

I agree, sometimes we have to stand up for what we believe in, and if you think by boycotting games and deriding other supporters on a  message board is constructively helping the club, then by all means, carry on your campaign of action.  I have at times in the past not gone to games, but found it very hard to do so.  Those times I have to add were frankly darker times than now. 

So the Carrow Road of old (by that do you mean the old days of the 70s and 80s?) are now replaced by a family atmosphere?  Yes, you are right, it is different and I have been in the Barclay of old circa 75-88.  But those days are gone Cluck and are never coming back.  I get nostalgic thinking of the crowds of days gone by, but there were massive problems alongside the atmosphere this created.  Society and time has moved on now.  Maybe I am lucky in that I am in Lower Barclay E block so I still get a whif of the old atmosphere, but what''s wrong with encouraging families to attend.  Are they not the future supporters of tomorrow....time will come when you and I are no more and then were would the club be? 

I can''t work out if you want the club to fail .....we are the ones losing at half time....so this fits your agenda, whatever that is, or if you are so set on being proved right you don''t care if anyone else suffers.  Personally, for all the dire football I might endure this season, rather that then the self imposed and bitter exile of someone who can''t admit they can''t change a thing.

[/quote]

Gazza, you and I know exactly what he''s going to do with regards to your great post - he''s going to insult you, by calling you and the rest of us ''pathetic, mindless sheep, baaaaaa'', etc.

So predictable and boring, aren''t you Cluck?

[|-)]

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Yes well, even if we were to put up with relegation dogfights year after year I would still go because I love this club and will support them through thick and thin.  It wasn''t so long ago that this club was purely a mid table side.  Anyway I am upbeat about this season even if no one else is.[/quote]

Haven''t we just finished in 9th and 16th the last 2 seasons - smacks of being a mid table side right now!!

However, I too am one of the sheep having renewed my season ticket in the Lower Barclay.

I would have to agree with Gazza on this one as the thought of not going to see MY TEAM is frankly not one I wish to complete. After the arrival of my baby daughter during the course of the last season I had to make a choice between season ticket and Sky - one of my easiest decisions (despite the loss of the Simpsons!!!!).

The fact that I have renewed my ticket does not mean that I believe all is rosy in the garden at Carrow Road - the events of the last 2 years clearly show there are issues. Equally, I feel the club are attempting to address these with new additions to the board and some funds available for team strengthening. In addition, attempts are being made to attract some of the more promising young players to this club with bids having been made for Sharp and Marshall. Combine that with a weeding out of the deadwood (Robinson, Louis-Jean, Thorne, Henderson & McVeigh), some useful younger players breaking into the squad and a manager who seems keen to shake off the "little Norwich" tag then I genuinely feel that there are some grounds for optimism next year.

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="gazzathegreat"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Gazza, you and I know exactly what he''s going to do with regards to your great post - he''s going to insult you, by calling you and the rest of us ''pathetic, mindless sheep, baaaaaa'', etc.

[|-)]

[/quote]

When I need somebody to put words into my mouth Skidmarkcanary I''ll seek someone more roundly educated. I also have serious doubts about anyone describing themselves as "big" this that or the other. I thus suspect you are either grossly addicted to burgers or work as a circus midget....either way I''m not overly impressed with inflated self esteem.

It''s always nice to meet a new friend anyway...........

Cluck, it''s a shame you can''t just answer the points either BigmarkCanary makes, or anyone else come to that.  First we are mindless sheep, now you have branded someone a circus midget, all this for having a different view of the club from yourself.  Just why is it so bad to want the club to do well, and in wishing that, actually going to games to support them? 

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Cluck, it''s a shame you can''t just answer the points either BigmarkCanary makes, or anyone else come to that.  First we are mindless sheep, now you have branded someone a circus midget, all this for having a different view of the club from yourself.  Just why is it so bad to want the club to do well, and in wishing that, actually going to games to support them? [/quote]He''s a wind up merchant.* Like a naughty child vying for attention, best ignored.* polite description.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Cluck, it''s a shame you can''t just answer the points either BigmarkCanary makes, or anyone else come to that.  First we are mindless sheep, now you have branded someone a circus midget, all this for having a different view of the club from yourself.  Just why is it so bad to want the club to do well, and in wishing that, actually going to games to support them? [/quote]

I shouldn''t worry about it too much gazza, both of us have obviously touched some nerves in our posts - truth hurts, doesn''t it Cluck? How about being a good old boy, and answering the points that gazzathegreat made previously? If you are as highly educated as you would have us believe, then maybe you actually won''t be predictable, boring oh AND repetitve as well as attention seeking in your posts?

As you may have noticed, I''m not exactly a fan of ''inflated self-esteem'' neither - so that''s one thing I''ve got in common with you, God help me [:''(]

For one who pillories others for making personal remarks, Cluck''s comments about Bigmark display a somewhat hypocritical stance. Still, that is quite a common trait in those who have a rather over-inflated opinion of their own intelligence.

Fishing, anyone?

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="gazzathegreat"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[|-)]

[/quote]

When I need somebody to put words into my mouth Skidmarkcanary I''ll seek someone more roundly educated. I also have serious doubts about anyone describing themselves as "big" this that or the other. I thus suspect you are either grossly addicted to burgers or work as a circus midget....either way I''m not overly impressed with inflated self esteem.

It''s always nice to meet a new friend anyway...........

[/quote]

C''mon Cluck... pronto, pronto me lad... your audience awaits....

They clap and you perform... isn''t that the way it goes???  or is that when you don mothers apron and reverse the roles???

Honk... HONK!!!!  [:D]

[quote user="Cluck "][

When I need somebody to put words into my mouth Skidmarkcanary I''ll seek someone more roundly educated. I also have serious doubts about anyone describing themselves as "big" this that or the other. I thus suspect you are either grossly addicted to burgers or work as a circus midget....either way I''m not overly impressed with inflated self esteem.[/quote]

Bigmark sounds much more educated to me than you Clucky and as for names yours isn''t exactly a classc is it?

Why didn''t you just go for chicken, because you chicken out of answering any sensible question thats asked of you!!

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Cluck "][

When I need somebody to put words into my mouth Skidmarkcanary I''ll seek someone more roundly educated. I also have serious doubts about anyone describing themselves as "big" this that or the other. I thus suspect you are either grossly addicted to burgers or work as a circus midget....either way I''m not overly impressed with inflated self esteem.[/quote]

Bigmark sounds much more educated to me than you Clucky and as for names yours isn''t exactly a classc is it?

Why didn''t you just go for chicken, because you chicken out of answering any sensible question thats asked of you!!

[/quote]

Pure powderpuff CA.......and I''ve roasted chicken enough to know what it tastes like. Bland.........

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="lobster catcher"]My young son and i have just brought our first season tickets this would have not been possible if the ceiling had been reached again so its not all bad news.At least it gives young supporters the chance to see games.so here is a message to all you doom and gloom merchants"nobody makes you do anything in life, if you don''t like whats going on at carrow road don''t worry about it ,clear off and shut up"[/quote]

Welcome lobster catcher, and do you also catch crabs?

I really like seafood, especially them bogey thingys with crash helmets on - the ones that you need a pin to eat them with....(wonkles an'' cickles or summat like that). I ventured into Chicago''s one evening and sampled some old trout - then I had crabs everyday for a fortnight - although, I''m still walking sideways. But, when I''ve had 12 pints of Stella -  I walk normally, but have an uncontrollable urge for more old trout.........I''ve eaten octosquiddypuss''s testicles (they have eight of them and they''re ever so salty)......."If it''s from the sea....it''ll do for me!"

Now, what was your post about again? [:|]

[/quote]

hehehe pure class MELLO...

It wasn''t Delia that you ran in to in Chicago''s was it???

Nice post... makes a pleasant change from all the ''this ain''t what''s going to happen in the transfer market posts!!!''  [:D]