Sign in to follow this  
Hog

The Official Website what a disgrace!

www.canaries.co.uk

What a totally crap site, before we even get to the confusing new layout, my biggest criticism is: Where is all the news? Nothing on Sharp, or Eastwood, in fact nothing of any interest at all. Maybe you think I am complaining about nothing, but what bugs me is that people actually get paid to maintain that website, its a disgrace!

I agree, the whole site seems just a money making exercise.No up-to-date news and a subscription for nearly everything.I am a web designer; I certainly wouldn''t go about it that way.

What you''ll find is that most of the Football League (excluding the Premiership), sold all the rights to their official websites to PremiumTV, so the majority of the websites are all the same - cr*p!!, With websites nowadays the news comes second only to mass advertising!, Even though the Pink''un can be a pain with the number of negative posters, it''s by far the bes tin terms of news, layout and userbility.

The problem for the official site is that it is ''official''. It cannot report on intrigue, speculation and rumour. It is a voice of the club and if Grant and co want to keep certain things under wraps, for whatever reason, then they won''t appear on the site. Look at what has been put on the Scunthorpe official site regarding their message forum for example:

"The club has decided to permanently close the forum as it no longer considers it to be constructive and serves no useful purpose"

It isn''t a crap site because it says little of anything interesting ... that is its job. It is a crap site because it is an utter mess - quite why they had to change it I don''t know.

You''re not wrong, Salahuddin. The fools who run the site decided on a total revamp a few weeks ago. Unfortunately the result is a total Ruck Up (or something that rhymes with ruck, anyway). I used to be a regular user of the message board - not any more. What a mess!

Have to disagree since the new layout the news has been updated.  Lets remember that the pinkun is a newspaper so can speculate a bit, where the offical site should only report facts.  There is no news on Sharp and i''m sure when/if he signs it will be reported.

The offical site will give you the facts as they are at that time and not a series of unsubstanciated rumours, like "my friends brother''s cousin works with Peter Grants'' uncle''s son and he says that he saw Micheal Owen outside Jarolds and he must be about to sign for City" which we often see on this part of this site

If you want the offical facts about NCFC then go to the official site.

I havent looked at the official site for ages.  In fact today was the first time in since the around when the changover happened.Absolute **** really, adverts everywhere, bloody MacDonalds peddling their ****.  Awful user interface, just a total waste of time.Pathetic really.

I agree that, to you lot; my brothers still living in the motherland - the offical site is crap. But we have the pink ''un and WOTB etc so who gives a monkeys? It''s good to confirm offical news, when it happens and thats about it.

As for the exiled many, like myself - the highlights of the goals and radio coverage is invaluable. Hence i''ll keep my subscription while they still offer those services. I fear losing the contract to Premium TV will loose these features, and I for one will be *gutted*.

[quote user="Canary"]

[/quote]

It is a fact though that Sharp met with City on Wednesday, so why is not mentioned in any news other than "media talk".  It''s not gossip, it''s true.

Yes, the new layout is poor but you''re all talking as though the previosu version was some advert-free haven on the internet.It was chock full of adverts before - it''s called ''maximising revenue for the Club'' - and plenty of you would be complaining if they DIDN''T do it.I don''t know about you but I have developed ''advert-blindness'' over theyears when it comes to web pages - I never click them and almost never ''see'' them as I focus on the content. The problem wit the new layout is that finding the content is more diffisult than before.The new forum (whilst welcome) still has issues - some of them defy understanding as they ought to be able to be resolved in a few clicks by the administrator/web team. Luckily, as with any forum it is the character of the users who make it or break it, and the Offy site still has most of the humour it ever had (and it''s faster than the moderated style of this site, and more readable than the antiquated WOTB)

[quote user="Canary Boy"]I agree, the whole site seems just a money making exercise.

No up-to-date news and a subscription for nearly everything.

I am a web designer; I certainly wouldn''t go about it that way.
[/quote]

I know 3rd year journalist students who can do a better job at a website than the www.canaries.co.uk people.

I''m doing a website as part of the e-commerce next september unit so i might send it to Carrow road so hopefully it may replace the shambles, that is the offical website.

Go for it TomNCFCIm sure all of us with the right ideas could make a superb Norwich City Website. Perhaps this could start a new thread?

My biggest grip about the official site is definitely the layout. Everyhting seems chucked together onto the first page, with no linear pattern or linkage that makes sense. And the messageboard on there is atrocious. It''s so hard to figure where one message ends and the next starts, as well as not really opening into a readable page. I can''t view the whole of a posters message without having to scroll rightwards and chopping off who''s written the damn message.

I''ll stick to what I know and continue posting and reading posts here.

When Premium TV got the contract for the website is was a league wide agreement. All the clubs signed up on ridiculously long contracts. It is only now and in the past couple of years that the true potential of the internet has been realised. The ncfc site is now controlled by suits in London who are after your money and not your opinion. Let us shout it from the top of Ketts Hill to the board of Norwich...take the lead and get rid of Premium TV!!!

[quote user="Canary"]

The offical site will give you the facts as they are at that time and not a series of unsubstanciated rumours, like "my friends brother''s cousin works with Peter Grants'' uncle''s son and he says that he saw Micheal Owen outside Jarolds and he must be about to sign for City" which we often see on this part of this site

[/quote]

If that''s the case it shows what a load of bunkum it is that we are making serious offers for Sharpe or Eastwood.......or anyone else come to think of it.

Probably based on one of Delia''s pulse recipes.....all wind and no substance......