Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Gavin Rae rejects Norwich

just found out gavin rae has joined bloody cardiff city, why is it our club cant finalise a deal, who the hell are cardiff city, they are a nothing club, going nowhere, but he still signs for them , not even the influence of jim duffy could tempt him to us, im very dissalussioned, i might be wrong , but i cant see billy sharp coming here either, what has gone wrong , i cant believe it

[quote user="NCFC - Dundee Division"]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/6232000.stm

Could have done a good job, me thinks............

[/quote]Well he could now, obviously, cos he''s signed for someone else.But when were were chasing his signature he was an unproven journeyman playing at a substandard level and our desire to sign him clearly showed the board''s lack of ambition. Now, however, he is the heir to Ronaldinho''s crown.Simple isn''t it?

I don''t recall us ever having a real interest beyond ''one of a number we''re looking at.''  Not especially bothered, we know the money is there for players so I wouldn''t be surprised if we were making quiet moves for better players while all this striker speculation whirls in the media.

Stop sobbing !   Rae  goes to Cardiff ( a bit of a dump ! )    with a history of knee injuries !    remember knees ? its those joints that, once weakened , finish off more footballers careers  than any other injury .....    

I''m not convinced we really wanted him. Rangers obviously didn''t rate him and the forums indicate another Hooze has been avoided

i know cant belive it, especially as we are chasing two scottish strickers as well, Billy McSharp and Freddie McEastwood

[quote user="Greg Sayer"]i know cant belive it, especially as we are chasing two scottish strickers as well, Billy McSharp and Freddie McEastwood[/quote]

Don''t forget Jon Och-aye-mobor...

I am not that bothered myself. I wouldnt have complained if we had signed him but it wouldnt have inspired me either, plus he has history of quite a few injuries.

The guy hasn''t returned to regular 1st team football since breaking his leg. That says enough for me, he is unproven after a serious injury so i wouldn''t want to take the risk.

I''m not too sure how much interest we actually had in the guy, so it is not really him turning us down.  I was actually taken with one of the comments from PG the other day, which went (and is a direct quote):

“We will be getting people in. Unfortunately, there is a football side and a financial side and what people want, well, some of them are bizarre. Perhaps if it''s a pound or two here and there, that''s not too bad, but there are ones where I''ve had to say thank you very much and look elsewhere. There have been a few of those." 

The fact is that just because a player is out of contract doesn''t mean they and/or their agents won''t want a small fortune for signing; ''free'' signings they certainly aren''t.  I did wonder whether perhaps Rae was one of those and we said ''thanks but no thanks'' so he''s gone to Cardiff.  

Questionable injury record, and I''m sure we would have pushed harder if he was a priority.

29 too, so wouldn''t really come under the ''young and hungry'' bracket.

We can get better I believe.