Sign in to follow this  
tonythai

JIM DUFFY ON GAVIN RAE we couldnt get things going quickly enough

todays newsof the world welsh edition

jim duffy stats   HE WAS DEFINATELY ONE WHO INTERESTED US BUT HE WAS ONE OF A NUMBER OF TARGETS WE HAD AND WE COULDN''T GET THINGS GOING QUICKLY ENOUGH

HES GONE TO CARDIFF AND I WISH HIM WELL BECAUUSE HES SOME ONE I HAVE TREMENDOUS ADMIRATION FOR

THE ONE THING EVERYONE ON THE COACHING STAFF THERE WILL QUICKLY SEE IS THAT HE IS EPITOME OF THE MODERN FOOTBALLER -HE LIVES HIS LIFE PROPERLY HES DEDICATED AND HES A FANTACTIC TRAINER

HE HAS A LEVEL OF PROFESSIONALISM THAT EVERONE THERE WILL APPRECIATE.

I THINK YOU,D HAVE TO GO A LONG SEARCH TO FIND ANYONE WHO HAS WORKED WITH HIM WHO HAD A BAD WORD TO SAY ABOUT HIM.

TO SLOW AGAIN[:''(]

''he was one of a number of targets we had''... i personally think this is the more crucial line

i.e theyre tryin to tie up a sharp, eastwood, marshall deal FIRST which is much better news

and yes he might be a fanatical trainer but it doesnt make him a good footballer ability wise and this is what we desperately needed, hence i wasnt too dissapointed to miss out on him and or are pg and jd by the sounds of things if he wasnt the number one priority

Stange.

I thought our chairperson had said that we needed to be cleverer than the rest.

Much more flouting of this edict and heads will have to roll.

But then it could just have been that Peter didn''t fancy Gavin as much as Jim.

[^o)]

OTBC

I would guess the WELSH News of the World would be singing his praises, and we were obviously interested.

But there are plenty more fish in the sea.

To me, the fact he has had an injury nightmare since 2005 put a big question mark over him, not matter how good he might be.

THE ONE THING EVERYONE ON THE COACHING STAFF THERE WILL QUICKLY SEE IS THAT HE IS EPITOME OF THE MODERN FOOTBALLER -HE LIVES HIS LIFE PROPERLY HES DEDICATED AND HES A FANTACTIC TRAINER

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Epitome of a modern footballer  ?..........    ( goes into cynical mode )    I actually thought  that the epitome of the modern footballer  is to  do the least amount of work ... for the most amount of cash !     that being a pro footballer  meant a life  of  clubs and pubs , flashy cars  ,  unlimited free time to spend  on a playboy lifestyle  ,  and toss down   body wrecking  cocktails and drugs   .....  gee ! its a real shame that  once or twice a week  they have to actually   RUN ! onto  a field   .... must be a  bit of a drag that ,   but , never mind , you can`t be fired , you have your bleeding contract !   so you can mooch about   , and go through the motions  ......

( snaps out of cynical mode )    you must be joking Duffy !      did you see the calibre  of the  modern  English footballer   during the world cup ?   club before country mate !   and they aint so hot for their clubs !    can`t see the goal , can`t get NEAR the goal  ... as for penalties  ?   [:''(]