Sign in to follow this  
Shyster

Transfer Realism

Can we at least get Marshall & Cureton for one million combined, Hendrie in on a free & a couple of other decent freebies or thereabouts?

Unless Earnshaw is going we''re not likely to be signing Sharp or Eastwood, so for Christs sake keep it real and let''s see additions to the squad. 

transfer realism? marshall and cureton for 1 mil? why wouldn''t we get sharp or eastwood unless earnshaw leaves, i would have thought sharp and eastwood would relish playing up front with earnshaw and we clearly have money we have bid for the both of them without getting any bids for earnshaw.

I think you should get real!!! 

I agree totally. Sharp, although very good, is grossly over-valued at nearly 3 million and so is Eastwood at a similar price.I remember not too long ago we paid that for Earnshaw, a proven Premiership goal scorer and full International.We should stick to the bargains.These little League One clubs are asking far, far too much!

is that Lee Hendrie? cant see him going anywhere but Stoke tbh, they have kickstarted his career and he has spoken highly of them...

jas :)

I think we''ll get Marshall (although I think we''ll have to spend big to get him) since Grant wants him and its pretty clear we need a new keeper we can rely on.  I also think we''ll get Sharp but without selling Earnshaw, since we couldn''t place a bid circa £3 million without some of the money up front and there haven''t even been any rumours about a confirmed bid for Earnshaw.  These two signings, together with Otsemboor will improve the defence and attack, but I still believe that maybe of our problems are in the midfield and as such we need to buy a decent midfielder to give us some depth and some competition since it was clear last year that Safri and Etuhu just aren''t performing.OTBC!Chunky

Is Hendrie still available? I genuinely think he would be a great signing, he certainly proved his worth at this level last season whilst on loan at Stoke. If temprement is an issue I have no doubt that Granty can sort him out!

I also think for £1,000,000 Cureton and Marshall would be good signings.

It''s all pie in the sky at the moment, but as far as Im concerned I cant remember a more exciting pre season (transfer-wise).

Thank God Worthy isnt at the head of all this!

OTBC

Hendrie is going to us as we have offered him a 20k per week deal, unless Derby offer him a contract, which is unlikely. Besides, hes not going to want to move away from the midlands.

I agree completely shyster for the following reasons:

Marshall has said he wants to come to Norwich. Cureton has said he wants to come to Norwich.

Sharp is a big Sheffield fan and hasn''t said yes after spending a day in Norwich, so I assume he is looking elsewhere.

Eastwood has reportedly said he wants to go to Wolves, coupled with Sothend asking for silly money.

Grant has always said he wants players who want to play for this club, which was endorsed by the signing of Otsemebor and the years extension for Dublin.  Ideally there will be a couple of further signings using Grant''s and Duffy''s Scottish connections.  Gunn hopefully  will have convinced his old boss Alex Ferguson or other Premier teams to loan us a couple of players, and finally don''t forget all the scouting that has gone on in Europe.

I don''t think we will see any panic buys because I believe Grant and his team have done their homework on several players who they believe will add to what we already have.  Next week sees the end of several players contracts and I for one expect to see two or three new faces here by then.

[quote user="foxile"]Hendrie is going to us as we have offered him a 20k per week deal, unless Derby offer him a contract, which is unlikely. Besides, hes not going to want to move away from the midlands.[/quote]

I have heard that it is more or less a done deal that he will be playing for Leicester next season too....

I still have many connections in Leicester and that is the word on the grapevine it appears!!!

[quote user="foxile"]Hendrie is going to us as we have offered him a 20k per week deal, unless Derby offer him a contract, which is unlikely. Besides, hes not going to want to move away from the midlands.[/quote]

20k per week!! [:O] He isn''t worth that, you can ''ave ''im - and like Smudger says, he was always more likely to stay in the Midlands even if we''d approached him with a sensible offer.

Mind you, all this talk about players wanting to stay in certain areas is really beginning to jar me - it isn''t as though we still live in the age of the horse & cart, and the UK/England is hardly a large country.