Sign in to follow this  
H4H

Cash in on Earnshaw

I strongly believe we should cash in on Earnshaw. Get the best price we can for him, and build. We would then have the option of sealing the deal with Eastwood or Shape (why not both). Then go shopping in the defence market. Get a central defender or two. Doc is no longer a serious option, and I hate to say it but Shack is overrated!!! We need to build from the back!! There’s no point searching for strikers if there not going to get any ball.

All for bringing Jamie Cureton back to the road.

City till I die!!!

Earnie is not only Welsh, but he can play badly and score the winning goal in the 89th minute... I love him for it. We could keep Earnie and then push for a couple of central defenders + goalkeeper.

Besides, Earnie owns a Hummer and its my intention before he leaves the Norfolk area, to convinve him to go green and replace the petrol guzzling tank with that of either bio-deseil or chip fat. I need at least another season to be successful at my mission.

Selling Earnshaw before we''ve signed another good striker would be...very stupid.

Everyone was claiming, when speculation was at its highest..That us loosing earnshaw would relegate us for last/next season.

What''s changed, other than an accepted bid on a League 1 top scorer?

Don''t get me wrong, i would love to see Sharp come here. But, Earnshaw is very valuable to us.

Would not selling Earnshaw also make other clubs inflate their prices even more, knowing that our war-chest had got bigger? I know the management at Carrow Road would hold out if the roles were reversed and possibly are if there is currently interest in Earnie from a wealthy club.

whilst i  dont think we should sell "little Earn" i do think that perhaps we should consider the following:

Robert Earnshaw is 26 now, most strikers hit their prime at this age, he has been a fantastic goalscorer in all 4 divisions and interntaionally. for a man at his peak and in his prime, why then, is he playing for a team that finished in the bottom half of the 2nd tier of English football? I doubt Earnshaws Greedy, perhaps he just isnt an ambitious man....

the only person who can answer the question as to why he isnt scaling the heights and perhaps winning silverware is Earnie himself.

jas :)

It was always a foregone conclusion that Earnshaw would be punted out once City has revived his fortunes. He was a profit motivated signing similar to Ashton...nothing more.

We will "cash in" on him...but I suspect the money we get will disappoint the Board (taking into account what we still owe and suspicion about his durability etc.)....and thus restrict who we can buy to "replace" him. I fear Brown and Martin will be our strike force next season and with so much of the squad needing strengthening can anybody do anything but fear the worst?

So far Osteoporosisembor on a free.... I''m almost tempted to renew my season ticket.

[quote user="In the blood"]Would not selling Earnshaw also make other clubs inflate their prices even more, knowing that our war-chest had got bigger? I know the management at Carrow Road would hold out if the roles were reversed and possibly are if there is currently interest in Earnie from a wealthy club.[/quote]

Wasn''t aware we had a war-chest???

More like a tea-chest one would assume!!!  [:P]

What would be the point!.

Doomcaster would make damn sure that Grant wouldn''t see a penny of the money raised from his transfer to fund buying new players.

Ashton, Green.........£9 million..............hello!

Jas aks ''why is Earny playing for a team that finished in the bottom half of the 2nd tier of English football? I doubt Earnshaw''s greedy........''

Because Jas, little Earny is a ''playgound goalhanger'' who doesn''t do either defence or linkup play.

As I have argued here several times. Hucks also does not do defence, and it is impossible for the two of them to coexist in a winning team in this day and age when all successful teams have to defend from the front. As Hucks is unmoveable, Grant will have to sell Earnie & strengthen the spine of the team if we are to have an effective team with a shot at promotion next season.

OTBC