Sign in to follow this  
H4H

Earnshaw to Charlton sends out the wrong message

If Norwich even consider selling Earnshaw to Charlton or any other championship club then this contradicts everything the board say about us being a successful club with high ambitions of returning to the Premiership. As I said in an earlier post, Earnshaw to a Premiership club for a good price could be good for Norwich, but selling him to a championship club is already accepting defeat and sends out a negative attitude across Norfolk

Can''t say as I agree with that.His destination should be irrelevant if we''re getting the right cash for him. I couldn''t care less whether he went to Derby or West Ham if they both offered £5 million or more.It''s the amount we would receive as a transfer fee that should have the most importance, not which club we were selling to.

i disagree. if we sell him for £6m, we could get in 5 or 6 new players. 1 player doesn''t make a team. i think if we are going to have a push at promotion, i think selling him and bring in more quality players is the way to go.

We sold Francis for £2million,Jonsson for £1million,Green for £2million,Ashton for £7.5million,Mckenzie for £1million and spent peanuts on the dross we have now to replace them. It is extremely naive to assume that just because we get a big fee for a player,lots of money will be spent on strengthening the squad. The evidence says otherwise.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]We sold Francis for £2million,Jonsson for £1million,Green for £2million,Ashton for £7.5million,Mckenzie for £1million and spent peanuts on the dross we have now to replace them. It is extremely naive to assume that just because we get a big fee for a player,lots of money will be spent on strengthening the squad. The evidence says otherwise.[/quote]

agreed! the money will only go towards building the biggest supermarket in the world Behind the Barclay stand, with the club having a 1% stake in it... which will take 1000 years to see any return on.

we will then sign Emile Heskey on a free..

jas :)