Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Same old held to ransom excuse!!

I am sick ant tired of hearing this story with every decent player we go for!I await the story of we have lost out on Sharp to Sheffield Wednesday! We lost out on a signature last week to Barnsley!Our signing policy is full of excuses and spin. WE ARE THE MOST SUPPORTED SIDE IN THE DIVISION!Maybe these players are asking for the current going rate? Our policies on signing players stinks, we deserve far more and are being treated like mugs by the club!I bet Earnshaw will not wait a couple of weeks to think about things and will be off like a rocket!If these areas of England are so much nicer than Norwich (The usual Player excuse) then how come the houses cost half as much?Eastwood is not good enough and is never worth 2.5 million! We already have a great goalscorer. What we need is a few players to improve the club in other areas. I await another poor transfer market where we end up chasing the dregs of the division in the last few weeks!

And to be frank, I''m sick and tired of hearing tripe like this being bandied about.In the case of Sharp, we were the FIRST club to make an offer than Scunthorpe were willing to accept and the FIRST club to get Sharp to visit the clubs and have talks over a move. If after this visit and speaking to another club he decides to sign for them, we have done everything we realistically could to bring him to the club. Maybe as an afterthought we could have offered massive wages as another lure, but then we''d be flooded with complaints about how the clubs is being naive and being held to ransom over signings.From what has been displayed recently by the club and Grant, I can''t fault our signing policies at all. We''ve refused to pay silly money for average players (Gavin Rae), we''ve turned down unknown players as they may not truly ''gel'' with the current team (Miguel Mostto) and have been making very good offers for the likes of Eastwood and Sharp. We''ve also offered a fair price for Marshall, and Celtic are digging their heels in, but we''re still very much in the mix over this. We''ve also signed former England U21 and Liverpool full back - Jon Otsemobor on a free transfer (A player most Crewe fans were gutted to lose).As for your points about Earnshaw and Eastwood, you''re clearly just wrong. Whilst on paper Earnshaw does have the better scoring record, a goal every 1.6 games compared to Eastwood''s 2.2 ratio, however bear in mind that Eastwood has done this in a frankly garbage Southend team. Also Eastwood is far more of a team player than Earnie, and would likely fit in well with the existing players, or also with Sharp. £2 million plus for a player like Eastwood is more than reasonable.Yes, we want to see signings in other positions, but I want to see players arriving that I feel are of a good standard, rather than doing like Leicester are, and simply signing an endless deluge of average players. What would you rather have, a team with 3-4 players of Huckerby''s standard with decent quality sprinkled throughout, or a squad full of Andy Hughes...well they were cheap weren''t they.We should should be supporting the fact that the board are providing the money to make good signings, and also that the manager is not any old mug who will any old wage for some average players, rather than whining about a lack of signings, particularly when aside from a couple of teams, the rest of the championship has done no more business in the window than us!

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]And to be frank, I''m sick and tired of hearing tripe like this being bandied about.

In the case of Sharp, we were the FIRST club to make an offer than Scunthorpe were willing to accept and the FIRST club to get Sharp to visit the clubs and have talks over a move. If after this visit and speaking to another club he decides to sign for them, we have done everything we realistically could to bring him to the club. Maybe as an afterthought we could have offered massive wages as another lure, but then we''d be flooded with complaints about how the clubs is being naive and being held to ransom over signings.

From what has been displayed recently by the club and Grant, I can''t fault our signing policies at all. We''ve refused to pay silly money for average players (Gavin Rae), we''ve turned down unknown players as they may not truly ''gel'' with the current team (Miguel Mostto) and have been making very good offers for the likes of Eastwood and Sharp. We''ve also offered a fair price for Marshall, and Celtic are digging their heels in, but we''re still very much in the mix over this. We''ve also signed former England U21 and Liverpool full back - Jon Otsemobor on a free transfer (A player most Crewe fans were gutted to lose).

As for your points about Earnshaw and Eastwood, you''re clearly just wrong. Whilst on paper Earnshaw does have the better scoring record, a goal every 1.6 games compared to Eastwood''s 2.2 ratio, however bear in mind that Eastwood has done this in a frankly garbage Southend team. Also Eastwood is far more of a team player than Earnie, and would likely fit in well with the existing players, or also with Sharp. £2 million plus for a player like Eastwood is more than reasonable.

Yes, we want to see signings in other positions, but I want to see players arriving that I feel are of a good standard, rather than doing like Leicester are, and simply signing an endless deluge of average players. What would you rather have, a team with 3-4 players of Huckerby''s standard with decent quality sprinkled throughout, or a squad full of Andy Hughes...well they were cheap weren''t they.

We should should be supporting the fact that the board are providing the money to make good signings, and also that the manager is not any old mug who will any old wage for some average players, rather than whining about a lack of signings, particularly when aside from a couple of teams, the rest of the championship has done no more business in the window than us!
[/quote]

What is this thing that many posters on here seem to have with comparing our situation to that of Leicester?

Yes we finished in a similar position last season and we also need to be bringing in several bargains and free transfers as well as splashing a fair bit of cash on some up and coming hot prospects.

Hasn''t Mandaric stated that Leicester will also be signing players for SERIOUS MONEY???  Haven''t Leicester also more or less got Lee Hendrie in the bag???

Add a few £1million plus signings to the Leicester line-up (which I am sure that you will see by the start of the season and they are starting to look strong play-off contenders).

We also need to bring another 3 or 4 players in of Ostomebor''s ilk along with the likes of about 3 players with the potential of a Sharp/Eastwood without losing anybody to be in with a chance of the play-off''s ourselves.

We need quality and quantity... not either/or!!!  [;)]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]And to be frank, I''m sick and tired of hearing tripe like this being bandied about.

In the case of Sharp, we were the FIRST club to make an offer than Scunthorpe were willing to accept and the FIRST club to get Sharp to visit the clubs and have talks over a move. If after this visit and speaking to another club he decides to sign for them, we have done everything we realistically could to bring him to the club. Maybe as an afterthought we could have offered massive wages as another lure, but then we''d be flooded with complaints about how the clubs is being naive and being held to ransom over signings.

From what has been displayed recently by the club and Grant, I can''t fault our signing policies at all. We''ve refused to pay silly money for average players (Gavin Rae), we''ve turned down unknown players as they may not truly ''gel'' with the current team (Miguel Mostto) and have been making very good offers for the likes of Eastwood and Sharp. We''ve also offered a fair price for Marshall, and Celtic are digging their heels in, but we''re still very much in the mix over this. We''ve also signed former England U21 and Liverpool full back - Jon Otsemobor on a free transfer (A player most Crewe fans were gutted to lose).

As for your points about Earnshaw and Eastwood, you''re clearly just wrong. Whilst on paper Earnshaw does have the better scoring record, a goal every 1.6 games compared to Eastwood''s 2.2 ratio, however bear in mind that Eastwood has done this in a frankly garbage Southend team. Also Eastwood is far more of a team player than Earnie, and would likely fit in well with the existing players, or also with Sharp. £2 million plus for a player like Eastwood is more than reasonable.

Yes, we want to see signings in other positions, but I want to see players arriving that I feel are of a good standard, rather than doing like Leicester are, and simply signing an endless deluge of average players. What would you rather have, a team with 3-4 players of Huckerby''s standard with decent quality sprinkled throughout, or a squad full of Andy Hughes...well they were cheap weren''t they.

We should should be supporting the fact that the board are providing the money to make good signings, and also that the manager is not any old mug who will any old wage for some average players, rather than whining about a lack of signings, particularly when aside from a couple of teams, the rest of the championship has done no more business in the window than us!
[/quote]

What is this thing that many posters on here seem to have with comparing our situation to that of Leicester?

Yes we finished in a similar position last season and we also need to be bringing in several bargains and free transfers as well as splashing a fair bit of cash on some up and coming hot prospects.

Hasn''t Mandaric stated that Leicester will also be signing players for SERIOUS MONEY???  Haven''t Leicester also more or less got Lee Hendrie in the bag???

Add a few £1million plus signings to the Leicester line-up (which I am sure that you will see by the start of the season and they are starting to look strong play-off contenders).

We also need to bring another 3 or 4 players in of Ostomebor''s ilk along with the likes of about 3 players with the potential of a Sharp/Eastwood without losing anybody to be in with a chance of the play-off''s ourselves.

[/quote]

I pretty much agree with indy_bones - the fact is that we have bid more for Sharp and Eastwood than any other side has, so I''m not sure where the complaints in this thread''s title are based. 

As for being linked with only strikers, this is pretty much a myth: the fact remains that the only player we''ve signed is a defender, and of the bids we''ve been made aware of (all from the other side), there''s been one for a keeper in Marshall, another defender in Dixon, plus we turned Rae down because he wanted too much ££ (and bearing in mind his injury record that looks a good decision at the present time) - presumably there are others that we don''t know about.   OK we are bidding for strikers as well, but is that actually so bad?!

It is interesting that, given all the supposed transfer activity elsewhere, there have not been that many transfers for cash in the Championship so far, they almost all seem to be ''free'' moves, such as Leicester''s motley bunch of signings - not one of which I would want.  It does seem that the money transfers are going to come a bit later. 

At the end of the day, any complaining at the lack of transfers at moment is simply too early - the management have made it clear that they want new players, so we should let them try to get them in.  Just give them a chance.

Indy Bones,

Before you criticise me, where is the substance in your thread?

You attempt to justify a striker with a lower scoring record being a better player than Earnshaw, claiming that he will fit into our side well? (How do you know?)  I think Eastwood is highly overrated and that is my opinion.

You then talk about a team with 3-4 players of Huckerbys’ quality. This is laughable! Just where are these players then? I would settle for 1 more at the moment.

You then say that the board are putting up good money to bid on these players. True, but I see no proof yet that we are not selling our biggest asset and trading him in for a cheaper model.

I have seen no offers yet for any quality midfielders, the type that can drive you to the premiership. It looks to me as if we are going into this season with the same midfield shortcomings. Our midfield has a player that will be away for the African nations, will have a cold and will be tired a few times throughout the season. We then have a player that will turn up and play poorly on a regular basis. This is not the midfield of a side capable of promotion.

Players of Lee Hendrie quality can drive a team to the Premiership from midfield!

The defence have proved a liability over the past few seasons, leaking more goals than England in Penalty shootouts! This is an area that clearly needs strengthening yet nothing. The centre backs at this club are poor and appear to be set for another season of poor shows (Winning occasional man of the matches despite inept performances) Drury is now a poor player (My opinion) yet we have just given him a new 4 year contract.

So I say, until I see major changes in all areas of the field. No I will not be happy. I am sick of the club treating us like mugs. I have seen Ashton, McKenzie, Green, Johnsson, Svennson and many more leave with poor replacements brought in bar Earnshaw.

So tell me, why are you sick of threads like this being bandied about? From what I have seen so far I expect nothing more than Earnshaw being sold with a cheaper replacement and couple of freebies being brought in. This policy sells tickets but has no end product.

Have you considered that maybe these bids are a rather convenient way of attempting to sell the 1000 or so season tickets now available?

I am stating facts based on evidence of previous seasons. I see NO reason why this one should be any different? The board take us for granted treating us like mugs. The maths just doesn’t add up and if it does then we are being seriously Mis-managed!!!

We deserve far better given the fan base and a policy based on selling tickets not football results is not acceptable. We the fans must demand more!

Well said Indy_Bones, why doesnt everyone stop moaning and give Grant a chance. What more can he do than offer the full price for a player he wants and then offer them a decent wage.

We can''t tie the the players down and make them sign on the dotted line. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

What are you on IB?

We simply don''t have the choice to pick and choose and whine about the wages etc. needed to "lure" talent here. We have the worst and thinnest squad in the league (the result of inept management over several years) and if nothing drastic is done we are as good as down before we kick a ball.

Stop bleating in defence of this Board and it''s small minded prudence. If we can''t compete at Championship level we may as well not bother to turn up next season...and left to apologists like yourself I fear that''s almost certain to happen.

With such a hopeless squad, being so pathetically picky about finances will just resign us to even more humiliation in the public gaze and anything decent we may have here will just become so disillusioned they won''t bother to try. I''m sure Huckerby is already checking out the trip to Glasgow.

Hesitance is a game for losers. We need dynamism.....and neither Grant nor the Board are capable of providing it.

Bones I agree.  Good players cost good money and like you said it''s all about the quality not the quanity.  Grant is right to go after forwards if earnshaw stays or not.  We are way to reliant on Earnshaw and need another striker that can get us goals and players like Sharp, Eastwood and Cureton are the right kind of players.  As to if they are worth the money then the answer is yes because we appear to be prepared to spend it.  These players probably are over the top moneywise but that because their current club doesn''t want to sell.  What price though is promotion.  I am in full support in what Grant is trying to do.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"] I am sick ant tired of hearing this story with every decent player we go for!

I await the story of we have lost out on Sharp to Sheffield Wednesday! We lost out on a signature last week to Barnsley!

Our signing policy is full of excuses and spin. WE ARE THE MOST SUPPORTED SIDE IN THE DIVISION!

Maybe these players are asking for the current going rate?

Our policies on signing players stinks, we deserve far more and are being treated like mugs by the club!

I bet Earnshaw will not wait a couple of weeks to think about things and will be off like a rocket!

If these areas of England are so much nicer than Norwich (The usual Player excuse) then how come the houses cost half as much?

Eastwood is not good enough and is never worth 2.5 million! We already have a great goalscorer. What we need is a few players to improve the club in other areas. I await another poor transfer market where we end up chasing the dregs of the division in the last few weeks!

[/quote]

So other than target players we want and bid the asking price what do you want the board to do differently then Wizard.

If Sharpe decides to go to Sheffield Wednesday, where his family live what do you expect the board to do about it?

[quote user="city r us"]well said that man,  Some people just have no patience!!
[/quote]

I was patient when we sold Francis,Jonsson,Helveg and Svensson for £3million and spent £750k on Hughes,Jarrett,Colin and Thorne to replace them. I was patient in the last close season when we managed to boost a thin squad with ONE player who actually turned down a better offer elsewhere to join us. I have been patient over the last two seasons when we have been carrying one of the smallest squads in the division despite receiving £7.1million in parachute payments and big profits from Ashton,Green etc.

If we fail to strengthen significantly before this season starts you would need the patience of a sheep not to see there are big problems with the way the club is being run.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="city r us"]well said that man,  Some people just have no patience!!
[/quote]

I was patient when we sold Francis,Jonsson,Helveg and Svensson for £3million and spent £750k on Hughes,Jarrett,Colin and Thorne to replace them. I was patient in the last close season when we managed to boost a thin squad with ONE player who actually turned down a better offer elsewhere to join us. I have been patient over the last two seasons when we have been carrying one of the smallest squads in the division despite receiving £7.1million in parachute payments and big profits from Ashton,Green etc.

If we fail to strengthen significantly before this season starts you would need the patience of a sheep not to see there are big problems with the way the club is being run.

[/quote]

A brilliant summing up of where our club is at now, post of the week and couldn''t have put it better myself. I just find it so crazy that some refuse to even see this. I don''t know what this blind loyalty and excuses for the club will achieve?

[/quote]

I have infinate patience... 

But after the utter shambles of last season''s pre-season  single signing when one of the main EXCUSES used by our inept board and a manager who had lost the plot was a lack of squad size you do wonder.  Last year 4 or 5 signings was being mentioned by mumbles and worthless, then it became 2 or 3 signings...  Then we got a single unfit player and sold our goalie...  This season the number of signings being bandied around are dropping already.

Actually the key point here is the final paragraph, and the use of that incredibly deadly word - "If".You''re quite right, IF we fail to strengthen before the start of the season, then only mindless morons would have no issue, BUT there''s plenty of time before the season starts.This season we''ve started looking at players far earlier than in previous seasons, and have made scouting trips across Europe to look for new talent. We''ve bidded on arguably the two main striking prospects at this level, along with making a bid for Marshall and signing Otsemobor. We''ve also gone in for Rae and refused a contract as his terms were seen as unreasonable, and surely paying big wages for a guy who''s hardly played in the last 3 years and hasn''t considered anywhere near a first choice player for his current club is ridiculous?We''ve also got Dublin for another year who may not be the ''player'' we need, but what he will bring is the attitude and professionalism that ANY club would benefit from having.This is far more action on the transfer front that we''ve had in recent times, yet because we''ve not already got a full set of new players within days of the end of the season, we''re unambitious, the manager is clueless, the board is useless and cheap and we''re set for another crap season...What a fantastic outlook to take. Never mind the glass of milk being half full, why do so many want it to be bloody sour as well???Whilst we can all understand the possible concerns, and understand the reality of the issue should no real signings be made, why are we jumping the gun so early, and even refusing to give the manager/club a fair chance? Grant wasn''t here for the whole Jarrett, Hughes etc shambles, and so far the signs are that he has no intention of copying the trend.Aside from Leicester, virtually none of the Championship clubs have made any major signings, in 5-6 cases, they''ve not even signed a single player, do you think the Southampton or Wolves fans are slating their club like some of our fans are??? the 1st of July is when most players contacts will officially end, and that''s usually when there''s a real flurry of action as clubs can finally see exactly who has been released as against relying on hearsay and supposition.I re-iterate, that if come the start of the season we''ve signed no-one new (or no-one of any ability), and still have a very thin squad, I''ll happily and strongly add my voice to those unhappy at the situation, but until that point I fail to see what possible benefit this current wave of complaint is acheiving.If rhe situation is the same in the last week of July, then complaints and concerns are fully understandable, but doing it now is simply impatient, poorly advised and working from flawed viewpoints that are merely relying on some previous failures as a total guideline for our current mentality, which is both a short-sighted, and unnecessarily bleak outlook

So where are the high money bids for a decent midfielder or Defender?There is''nt!All that will happen is a few freebies and a Earnshaw replacement. The midfield and defence will still be poor.  I guarantee it!What evidence do you lot have to believe that this season is going to be any different to others? There is none. We are bidding on strikers to replace Earnie and shut the fans up!Believe what you like I know what I believe will happen and I fully believe Grant is a good manager! Without serious funding he has no hope!

The thing is, there''s so much going on behind the scenes we don''t know about - look at today''s signing, apparently he''d been shown around Colney a week or so ago, before the Billy Sharp business.  If Grant knows who he wants and the funds aren''t there, I fully expect him to find good solutions (if not his 1st choices) after July 1st, when everyone''s situation becomes clearer.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Actually the key point here is the final paragraph, and the use of that incredibly deadly word - "If".

You''re quite right, IF we fail to strengthen before the start of the season, then only mindless morons would have no issue, BUT there''s plenty of time before the season starts.

This season we''ve started looking at players far earlier than in previous seasons, and have made scouting trips across Europe to look for new talent.

We''ve bidded on arguably the two main striking prospects at this level, along with making a bid for Marshall and signing Otsemobor.

We''ve also gone in for Rae and refused a contract as his terms were seen as unreasonable, and surely paying big wages for a guy who''s hardly played in the last 3 years and hasn''t considered anywhere near a first choice player for his current club is ridiculous?

We''ve also got Dublin for another year who may not be the ''player'' we need, but what he will bring is the attitude and professionalism that ANY club would benefit from having.

This is far more action on the transfer front that we''ve had in recent times, yet because we''ve not already got a full set of new players within days of the end of the season, we''re unambitious, the manager is clueless, the board is useless and cheap and we''re set for another crap season...

What a fantastic outlook to take. Never mind the glass of milk being half full, why do so many want it to be bloody sour as well???

Whilst we can all understand the possible concerns, and understand the reality of the issue should no real signings be made, why are we jumping the gun so early, and even refusing to give the manager/club a fair chance? Grant wasn''t here for the whole Jarrett, Hughes etc shambles, and so far the signs are that he has no intention of copying the trend.

Aside from Leicester, virtually none of the Championship clubs have made any major signings, in 5-6 cases, they''ve not even signed a single player, do you think the Southampton or Wolves fans are slating their club like some of our fans are??? the 1st of July is when most players contacts will officially end, and that''s usually when there''s a real flurry of action as clubs can finally see exactly who has been released as against relying on hearsay and supposition.

I re-iterate, that if come the start of the season we''ve signed no-one new (or no-one of any ability), and still have a very thin squad, I''ll happily and strongly add my voice to those unhappy at the situation, but until that point I fail to see what possible benefit this current wave of complaint is acheiving.

If rhe situation is the same in the last week of July, then complaints and concerns are fully understandable, but doing it now is simply impatient, poorly advised and working from flawed viewpoints that are merely relying on some previous failures as a total guideline for our current mentality, which is both a short-sighted, and unnecessarily bleak outlook
[/quote]

Thats a fair and well put post, but to be honest its almost identical to what i`ve been reading for two seasons now (and i could probably include the Prem season too) and a stuck record wears thin. I can gaurantee that should we fail to strengthen significantly by the start of the season posts on here will be saying "we had big bids turned down, we have money to spend, i`m sure they`ll strengthen in January....."

I think ,trying to be as fair and nuetral as possible, that the club ARE trying to strengthen and that with the Turners coming in we DO have reasonable money to spend but that the complacency and lack of ambition of the last three years is coming back to bite the club on the a**e in a big way. Its hard to admit but i think a player looking at NCFC see a "nice" club which is ultimately unambitious, failing to compete with mainly smaller clubs in our division and is in decline. The supporters who are pleading patience now are the same ones who stood idly by and allowed the rot to set in in the first place.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Actually the key point here is the final paragraph, and the use of that incredibly deadly word - "If".

You''re quite right, IF we fail to strengthen before the start of the season, then only mindless morons would have no issue, BUT there''s plenty of time before the season starts.

This season we''ve started looking at players far earlier than in previous seasons, and have made scouting trips across Europe to look for new talent.

We''ve bidded on arguably the two main striking prospects at this level, along with making a bid for Marshall and signing Otsemobor.

We''ve also gone in for Rae and refused a contract as his terms were seen as unreasonable, and surely paying big wages for a guy who''s hardly played in the last 3 years and hasn''t considered anywhere near a first choice player for his current club is ridiculous?

We''ve also got Dublin for another year who may not be the ''player'' we need, but what he will bring is the attitude and professionalism that ANY club would benefit from having.

This is far more action on the transfer front that we''ve had in recent times, yet because we''ve not already got a full set of new players within days of the end of the season, we''re unambitious, the manager is clueless, the board is useless and cheap and we''re set for another crap season...

What a fantastic outlook to take. Never mind the glass of milk being half full, why do so many want it to be bloody sour as well???

Whilst we can all understand the possible concerns, and understand the reality of the issue should no real signings be made, why are we jumping the gun so early, and even refusing to give the manager/club a fair chance? Grant wasn''t here for the whole Jarrett, Hughes etc shambles, and so far the signs are that he has no intention of copying the trend.

Aside from Leicester, virtually none of the Championship clubs have made any major signings, in 5-6 cases, they''ve not even signed a single player, do you think the Southampton or Wolves fans are slating their club like some of our fans are??? the 1st of July is when most players contacts will officially end, and that''s usually when there''s a real flurry of action as clubs can finally see exactly who has been released as against relying on hearsay and supposition.

I re-iterate, that if come the start of the season we''ve signed no-one new (or no-one of any ability), and still have a very thin squad, I''ll happily and strongly add my voice to those unhappy at the situation, but until that point I fail to see what possible benefit this current wave of complaint is acheiving.

If rhe situation is the same in the last week of July, then complaints and concerns are fully understandable, but doing it now is simply impatient, poorly advised and working from flawed viewpoints that are merely relying on some previous failures as a total guideline for our current mentality, which is both a short-sighted, and unnecessarily bleak outlook
[/quote]

Thats a fair and well put post, but to be honest its almost identical to what i`ve been reading for two seasons now (and i could probably include the Prem season too) and a stuck record wears thin. I can gaurantee that should we fail to strengthen significantly by the start of the season posts on here will be saying "we had big bids turned down, we have money to spend, i`m sure they`ll strengthen in January....."

I think ,trying to be as fair and nuetral as possible, that the club ARE trying to strengthen and that with the Turners coming in we DO have reasonable money to spend but that the complacency and lack of ambition of the last three years is coming back to bite the club on the a**e in a big way. Its hard to admit but i think a player looking at NCFC see a "nice" club which is ultimately unambitious, failing to compete with mainly smaller clubs in our division and is in decline. The supporters who are pleading patience now are the same ones who stood idly by and allowed the rot to set in in the first place.

[/quote]

Yep absolutely Mr.Carrow...  and if they are old enough then I am sure that these people would of been the same people who stood idly by for many a year when Chase was doing the exact same thing to this football club...

Frankly it makes me laugh on the thread about Chase, where fans say that the policing of the affair towards the last days of the Chase Out campaign was scary... 

It was no more scary or laughable than many fans who had seen the writing on the wall for years who had to put up with other Norwich fans who saw them as having no right to protest because Fat Bob was doing a great job and that nobody else could do any better.

Looking at it in hindsight though... those who said that way back then may of been right.... because Delia & Co have certainly made a far worse fist of things!!!

It was only the fact that Fat Bob in error employed somebody as ambitious as Martin O''Neill that sealed his downfall...

If martin O''Neill was never made manager of NCFC then we would probably of still been stuck with Fat Bob NOW.

Hopefully Delia & Co will make a similar error over the next year or two... because yet again it would take such a catastrophic event such as a one of like Martin O''Neill walking out on the club to turn the majority of the dumb sheeps heads!!!

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]The thing is, there''s so much going on behind the scenes we don''t know about - look at today''s signing, apparently he''d been shown around Colney a week or so ago, before the Billy Sharp business.  If Grant knows who he wants and the funds aren''t there, I fully expect him to find good solutions (if not his 1st choices) after July 1st, when everyone''s situation becomes clearer.
[/quote]

You couldn''t make it up could you? Chimps normally live in trees normally but you obviously live in the clouds.

Apologist bilge and like something written by a Carrow Road office junior...infact it probably was.  

Excuse me? Stating the simple fact - evidenced by yesterday''s signing - that there''s activity going on that we don''t know about constitutes ''apologist drivel''?

One day, I dare say, you may say something insightful dear - Keep reaching for that rainbow! 

Thats because he was hardly worth knowing about to date! Another freebie what a surprise while one of these so called big targets has choosed a club with ambition! However it fooled a lot of you that we were serious. Maybe Earnshaws buyer has pulled out?

[quote user="Snakepit boys"] Thats because he was hardly worth knowing about to date! Another freebie what a surprise while one of these so called big targets has choosed a club with ambition! However it fooled a lot of you that we were serious. Maybe Earnshaws buyer has pulled out?
[/quote]

So what are you saying? That our club is so proficient at deceiving it''s fans that they have got Scunthorpe and Southend to lie for them about the size of the bids that we have been putting in for players. How do you suggest that we should have gone about getting Sharp here considering he obviously didn''t want to come? Kidnap?!  

Yes we have had two frustrating close seasons but the difference with this one, while only small at the moment is that there is third party evidence that we are bidding for young stars of the future as well as having already signed twice as many players as last year (OK - I know we only signed crofty...) paltry efforts.

And we have a different manager in charge who deserves this one and only summer to show that he can mould the squad to get the team he wants;   and that means a full close seasons effort and games at the start of teh season to see whether it works;  anything beyond that is second guessing.

Our championship close season signings were also shockingly poor,  and while I know that lightening rarely strikes twice Grant has to have until Oct to show whether its worked or not    

macdougall''s sperm

[quote user="Snakepit boys"] Thats because he was hardly worth knowing about to date! Another freebie what a surprise while one of these so called big targets has choosed a club with ambition! However it fooled a lot of you that we were serious. Maybe Earnshaws buyer has pulled out?
[/quote]

So what are you saying? That our club is so proficient at deceiving it''s fans that they have got Scunthorpe and Southend to lie for them about the size of the bids that we have been putting in for players. How do you suggest that we should have gone about getting Sharp here considering he obviously didn''t want to come? Kidnap?!  

Speculation based on half a story. I suspect these so called "bids" had all sorts of strings attached that neither player nor clubs took them seriously. Smith and Co. can''t do anything straight as it may infringe their painfully prudent policies....and with £20+ million of debt and no more parachute payments...free transfers is as good as it gets....

Enjoy......

Oh how awful it feels to be right!!Earnshaw out and an old ex reject in ! What wonderful times at City.Dont say I did not tell you so! Cureton is just a desperation signing to appease the fans that will now want blood!Grant needs to pull some serious rabbits out of hat in the next couple of months. I feel we are going to struggle to stay up this year.Do you still have ultimate faith in our ridiculous board Indy Bones. They have done this for years SPIN and deception with no AMBITION!