Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

When 4-5 became 2-3!

So went Peter Grants statements on new players coming in since the end of the season.

At the end of the season he clearly said in local press interviews that he wanted 4 to 5 new players before the start of the new season, but only this week it was watered down to 2 to 3!.

What price next week?.......................we go with what we''re got?.

Remind me again where we got this clown from!.[:@]

Wiz, perhaps it''d be easier to take you seriously if you didn''t come out with predictable OTT, kneejerk reactions.  I''ve said it before, you''re The Daily Mail in human form.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

So went Peter Grants statements on new players coming in since the end of the season.

At the end of the season he clearly said in local press interviews that he wanted 4 to 5 new players before the start of the new season, but only this week it was watered down to 2 to 3!.

What price next week?.......................we go with what we''re got?.

Remind me again where we got this clown from!.[:@]

[/quote]

Wiz...you''re right to be cynical because we will indeed go "with what we''ve got" give or take another one or two rejects such as Brown and Fotheringnobody. Remember the Martin panic? £10,000 a week (allegedly) and he''ll be put out to loan (if a taker can be found) next season to save on the wage bill.

This is the benchmark for prudence coupled with £20+ million plus debt...and we all know who got us into this mess. What chance of the same bunglers finding a way out?

He did want 4-5 players wiz.

He is now saying he will get 2-3 players.

And like you said, we wouldn''t want to be held to ransom for the other two would we?

Two ways round this, we buy nobodies on the cheap or we pay over the odds, what would you like him to do?

Agreed Wizard, this is just pathetic now. The club trying to quietly dampen down our expectations.

It''s all gone quiet on Marshall.

It''s all gone quiet on Sharp.

It''s even gone quiet on Cureton!

Just WHEN are we going to get the bloody checkbook out and take a f*cking gamble?

I despair of the people who run this club.

He said 4-5 at the end of last season. If we then deduct Otsemobor from those figures that makes 3-4. Grant said yesterday 2-3, implying he''d be happy with 3 players. How does that imply he''s contradicted himself exactly?

Don''t get me wrong, I''d rather get 5 players in too but if we can''t get that and have to settle for 3 really good ones then so be it.

As has been said before, it''s still only June so be patient. No point writing off the season before they''re even back training yet!

Wiz, As I''ve said before PG''s intentions are probably good, but I don''t think he has the professional ability to carry out his loudly voiced intentions,  Neither in the respect of playing performances, results  or even in this case  signing players, (perhaps they don''t want to sign for PG himself, well I wouldn''t !)

I was at a dinner a few weeks ago when Gunny was the speaker, he was saying that (in his new talent spotting role) his mobile was in constant use both in making inquiries and receiving news of possible signings, he was confident of quick results, hmmmm what put them off then I wonder ? ? ?

I wouldn''t blame the board as such Wiz, they do appear to be making sufficient funds available don''t they ?

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Agreed Wizard, this is just pathetic now. The club trying to quietly dampen down our expectations.

Just WHEN are we going to get the bloody checkbook out and take a f*cking gamble?

[/quote]They''ve had a bid accepted for Sharp, we''re bidding more than anyone else for Marshall (but its still not enough admittantly) and Cureton (I hope) is a last resort since nobody else is interested.  We''ve also bid more than anyone else for Eastwood, but its not enough!WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT THE CLUB TO DO?  Start tying people to the pitch when they come for the your of the facilities?  If Sharp wants to move to Sheffield we can''t stop him!?

OTBC!Chunky

[quote user="Chunky"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT THE CLUB TO DO?  Start tying people to the pitch when they come for the your of the facilities?  If Sharp wants to move to Sheffield we can''t stop him!?

OTBC!

Chunky
[/quote]

Err, it''s simple, and I answered that question in my post. But for your benefit I shall repeat:

I want them to show some bloody ambition, make US want the player more than anyone else, not moping around saying "Well we tried, we failed, we''ll look for someone else" Christ, this is just the basics! When will some of you wake up?

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

Wiz, As I''ve said before PG''s intentions are probably good, but I don''t think he has the professional ability to carry out his loudly voiced intentions,  Neither in the respect of playing performances, results  or even in this case  signing players, (perhaps they don''t want to sign for PG himself, well I wouldn''t !)

I was at a dinner a few weeks ago when Gunny was the speaker, he was saying that (in his new talent spotting role) his mobile was in constant use both in making inquiries and receiving news of possible signings, he was confident of quick results, hmmmm what put them off then I wonder ? ? ?

I wouldn''t blame the board as such Wiz, they do appear to be making sufficient funds available don''t they ?

[/quote]

Im a fan of Grant and am backing him... and i agree that he wants the best for the club.

I remember saying in a thread elsewhere here over the weekend that Grants plans for the club need to be matched by that of the board, and that we will see how heavily he is backed.

Ok so we are supposed to have made a bid for Billy sharp, Where is he then? Cureton.. where is he? eastwood.. where is he?

Its ok summising that this money has been made available, i dont doubt that. What i will say is that the same board (more or less) offered a similar amount of money we have been mooted as offering for Sharp for Cotterill last season. Worthington didnt get him. was that a signal of intent that he was no longer backed? Or did the board offer up money that was never actually there?

Grant wont wait around if he isnt getting anywhere with signing players. He is right to say that we shouldnt be held to ransome. We should be offering players what they are worth not what they want. But we have to get the transfers right in the first place....

What is Gunnys role? surely the manager should be the one making the enquiries? Or doomcaster? Receiving news of potential signings means that the Scouts or agents are contacting gunny Rather than the Manager.

what i think might be puttiing new signings off is that very reason! when they sign for Norwich they will be playing for Peter Grant, not Bryan Gunn. Gunny can big-up the city, the stadium as much as he wants.  but Grant is the manager... what will a player think if he signs for the club having never spoken to thhe manager prior to doing it? if he turns up to sign a contract having travelled 250 miles in an uncomfortable car journey to only meet Grant on the day, and then finds he doesnt like him what a waste of time, Effort and money... what is that saying to potential new signings?

Perhaps we could send Gunny back to the Marketing office so Grant has to be more hands on? Grant is the manager, it is his job to find and sign the new talent... not some token gesture job for Gunny.

jas :)

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Chunky"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT THE CLUB TO DO?  Start tying people to the pitch when they come for the your of the facilities?  If Sharp wants to move to Sheffield we can''t stop him!?

OTBC!Chunky[/quote]

Err, it''s simple, and I answered that question in my post. But for your benefit I shall repeat:

I want them to show some bloody ambition, make US want the player more than anyone else, not moping around saying "Well we tried, we failed, we''ll look for someone else" Christ, this is just the basics! When will some of you wake up?

[/quote]How can they want the player any more than offering a the most money and giving an acceptable wage.  If Sharp wants to play for Sheff Wed, he wants to play for Sheff Wed, we made the first acceptable bid and we''ve (probably) offered him a good wage, how much more can we want him!?  Do you want to see Delia, MWJ and PG sat outside the south stand kissing his backside?OTBC!Chunky

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Yellow Rages"]

Two ways round this, we buy nobodies on the cheap or we pay over the odds, what would you like him to do?

[/quote]

Pay over the odds aka the going rate....

[/quote]

But that would go against thw Wizards principals, so we can''t do that.

He said he still wants 2-3, hes got 1 which would make the 4-5 he originally wanted.

I''m sure he wants to get new players in as much as we do Wizard and I''m confident he''s working hard to acheive that.

Give him a break and have some patience!

Most players are away until 1/7 and if you look at the majority of championship clubs they''re in the same position as us.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Most players are away until 1/7 and if you look at the majority of championship clubs they''re in the same position as us.

[/quote]

Thats cobblers Angel, apart from Hull, us and the scum, most clubs, especially Leicester (foreign investor!!) are signing players.

Hull and Ippo are both after Cureton now...........and that makes me weep!.

And despite what you and others say, so far, Grants only signed ''No Marks'' and sick notes. Have some patience?, you''re having a laugh girl, I''ll remind you of that when we go down!.

[quote user="cityangel"]

He said he still wants 2-3, hes got 1 which would make the 4-5 he originally wanted.

I''m sure he wants to get new players in as much as we do Wizard and I''m confident he''s working hard to acheive that.

[/quote]

Who gives a monkeys about "other clubs"?  Half of them have got decent squads already and good youngsters coming through...whereas we have a stable full of donkeys and a shepherd who can''t tell black from white.

No more "patience"...no more excuses. Our squad is hopeless and nothing short of six or seven decent (non Jock freebies) signings will get us in contention. Take your "three" and we''re no better than bottom half and another relegation struggle....especially if Ostemboring is the standard set.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Who gives a monkeys about "other clubs"?  Half of them have got decent squads already and good youngsters coming through...whereas we have a stable full of donkeys and a shepherd who can''t tell black from white.

No more "patience"...no more excuses. Our squad is hopeless and nothing short of six or seven decent (non Jock freebies) signings will get us in contention. Take your "three" and we''re no better than bottom half and another relegation struggle....especially if Ostemboring is the standard set.

[/quote]

Exactly CLUCK...

I stated this on another post where the faithful ones keep using Leicester as an example... we need both quality and quantity if we are to have any chance whatsoever not either/or!!!

We need at least 3 quality (£1million+) signings, plus maybe a loanee from the Premiership, and at least another 2 or 3 players on top of that (excluding Ostomebor and Gilks) if we are to have any chance of challenging for the play-offs.  When are people going to wake up and realise just how far short this squad is of achieving anything apart from sliding out of the Chumpionship in the opposite direction????

When

are people going to wake up and realise just how far short this squad

is of achieving anything apart from sliding out of the Chumpionship in

the opposite direction????

Answer: when you shut up about it - if you told me the sun rose in the east I would have to go and check. (actually it rises in the north east at the moment)

[quote user="Smudger"]

When are people going to wake up and realise just how far short this squad is of achieving anything apart from sliding out of the Chumpionship in the opposite direction????

[/quote]

You swore blind that we would be relegated last season, so why do you think yourself any more knowledgable than the rest of us?

It''s ironic that you and Cluck refer to "being brainwashed" by the board etc, when all you do is constantly repeat the same woe-is-us sob stories in an attempt to .... er, brainwash us all into believing we''re tke worst run club in the country.

[quote user="Mook"]

[quote user="Smudger"]

When are people going to wake up and realise just how far short this squad is of achieving anything apart from sliding out of the Chumpionship in the opposite direction????

[/quote]

You swore blind that we would be relegated last season, so why do you think yourself any more knowledgable than the rest of us?

It''s ironic that you and Cluck refer to "being brainwashed" by the board etc, when all you do is constantly repeat the same woe-is-us sob stories in an attempt to .... er, brainwash us all into believing we''re tke worst run club in the country.

[/quote]

Mookie...I thought you''d disappeared up your own backside. Looks like you''re still there floundering in the dark and still no hope of enlightenment in sight.

You really only "brainwash" someone with untruths...whereas saying it like it actually is is just the opposite.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Mook"]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mookie...I thought you''d disappeared up your own backside. Looks like you''re still there floundering in the dark and still no hope of enlightenment in sight.

You really only "brainwash" someone with untruths...whereas saying it like it actually is is just the opposite.

[/quote]

Do the usual moaning suspects on here ever get tired of repeating the same old argument? Obviously it would appear not..

I guess it makes for quite entertaining prose but it''s hardly what you''d describe as healthy debate.

Another goalie signed today so thats 2 signings now!!

[quote user="cityangel"]Another goalie signed today so thats 2 signings now!![/quote]

Hoo bloody rah! 2 players who havent played at this level and are more at home at power league on monday nights.

[quote user="cityangel"]Another goalie signed today so thats 2 signings now!![/quote]

Yep, to add to the 25 keepers we already have.

Hate to be a pedant (honestly, i really do) but otsemebor has played at this level and *shock* a higher level. But as always don''t let the truth get in the way of things [:$]

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]Is that a joke:  players that are crap are goalies?else we have now got 3 keepers on our books:Gallacher - no one wants him to playGilks - The new guy - how will he play no one knows. good reviews from rotherham fansLewis - has played about 6 league games so far.  We probably need one more and to sell gallacher.

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

Is that a joke:  players that are crap are goalies?

else we have now got 3 keepers on our books:
Gallacher - no one wants him to play
Gilks - The new guy - how will he play no one knows. good reviews from rotherham fans
Lewis - has played about 6 league games so far. 

We probably need one more and to sell gallacher.

[/quote]

No, it''s not a joke, I actually thought we had 25 keepers...[^o)]

[quote user="Mook"]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Brainwash you?

There really is no need to even attempt to.... WE ARE THE WORST RUN CLUB IN THE COUNTRY!!!