Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Indecisiveness and timidy again. Help!

Unfortunately - and as much as we would like it to be otherwise - indecisiveness and timidity have been the defining characteristics of our approach to team building over the past few close seasons. And the trend seems to be continuing this year.

Do the NCFC board and Peter Grant really, really know what they want? I suggest that it appears not.

Most Canary fans want us to try, to really, really try - and to be seen to be really trying.

We would like to see elements of boldness and  good doses of determination in the way we source players.

And this is not the same as recklessness and breaking the bank - only ruin lies up that road.

Munby says we need to be cleverer than the rest. Well, quite frankly I don''t see it so far, and the circumstantial evidence is not encouraging.

So far the close season has the flavour of ''same old, same old'' - with an NCFC board that is afraid of it''s own shadow - and a manager who is not quite big enough to be his own man because he is too beholden to the board.

I mean, players are opting for League 1 clubs over us. That is ominous. What next?

I would lurrv it, just lurrrrrrrrrrv it, to be proven wrong.

Help! Can anybody out there give us cause for optimism that this close season will not turn out to be like the last few?

Please.

OTBC

[quote]I mean, players are opting for League 1 clubs over us. That is ominous. What next?[/quote]You could just as easily say a player opted for guaranteed first team football in their local area, if you''re talking about the lad that went to Doncaster.  Maybe he did a Huckerby, and opted to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond ?[quote]Can anybody out there give us cause for optimism that this close season will not turn out to be like the last few?[/quote]Hmm, let''s see.  How many players were we linked with last season ?  None.  We were waiting for ages until Lee Croft showed up.This season :
  • We are competing with 2 other clubs for the football leagues'' top goalscorer of last season, Billy Sharp. 
  • We have one of Scotlands'' best goalkeepers announcing in the Daily Record that he can''t wait to get back here and push for the Premiership.
  • One of the top championship goalscorers of last season, Jamie Cureton, who has always wanted to be at Norwich, is trying to extricate himself from Colchester.
  • Rumours abound that we are scouting in places as far afield as Poland, Hungary, Belgium, Ireland and even the States.
  • Newspaper and web articles tell us that we''re bringing in Jon Otsemobor (Right Back, competition/cover for Jurgen Colin) and Gavin Rae (a left footer, we don''t have enough of these).  I don''t know how good these players are, but we need numbers, and free transfers seem to be a good way of getting the numbers required for competition within the squad.
I get the feeling that right now we have the calm before the storm.  It should be a busy July.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Most Canary fans want us to try, to really, really try - and to be seen to be really trying.

We would like to see elements of boldness and  good doses of determination in the way we source players.

[/quote]

Why the italics? Are you qouting someone here?

I mean, players are opting for League 1 clubs over us. That is ominous. What next?

[/quote]

I know Grant was interested in him, that was reported on this very site but did we actually talk to him? Did he come here to look around, etc.? Perhaps we just were not that interested.

[/quote]

Our supposed interest in him was only "paper talk" so hardly a case of him opting for someone else over us.