Sign in to follow this  
sheded

marvin elliot ?

marvin elliot is supposed to be the next target  for us ? Maybe Grant should think twice about him ?    He`s refused Millwalls offer ofa new contract , which is fair enough , BUT  , and here is a warning sign , he only started playing well at the Den ,  WHEN   he refused to sign !    haven`t we had a few players with  THAT  syndrome ?   only getting their fingers out when they are on the market !   and always putting a value on themselves far above the talent  they actually have .... 

Elliot  is obviously looking for the prem big money  , and if  they don`t want him , we , for example , will be second best !  and very likely to be disgruntled , a perfect recipe  for being a pain in the arse to the rest of the team !   a one season  " wonder " who wont pull his weight   until HE thinks it necessary ......  [:|]

He''s deluded if he believes a Premiership club will take him. Elliot should only come here to play the role as a rarely used substitute. I don''t see him being good enough for any more.

I''ve got just as bad a feeling about Ostembor, but the present squad is seriously lacking in numbers & experience, so get ''em in I say.

It''s part of a managers job to inspire these so-called lazy players to perform consistenly and Etuhu did show signs of improvement at the tail end of last season, so maybe Grant can do that vital part of the job.

Marvin Elliot would probably make a good squad player which is after all what we need to a large extent, more stength in depth.

I don''t know much about Elliot, but if he''s not motivated enough, but has the ability, he''s either at the wrong club or he is just lazy, either way if Grant feels he can get the best out of him, then at least we have a manager who has strong faith in his own ability.  

My major concern with our transfer activity this summer is that we are going for a lot of League 1 players or below, for example Ostembor, Elliot, Woods, Simpson and no disrespect to any of these players, they might be very good, but players do tend to be League 1 or below for a reason.