Sign in to follow this  
Shyster

Doherty keen to repay the faith

hehehe please take a free transfer to Stockport then mate.... even they would be too good for your dazzling skills!!!

Errr!...what faith?

Why does The Pink ''Un keep printing this cr@p. We''ve had Doc and Chadwick promising to repay recently. What with the stream of "I''d love to play for Norwich" pleas, ( a la Marshall and Rae), its getting a little tiresome.

For pitys sake make something up...at least it might be momentarily exciting. [|-)]

I have a couple of mates that support stockport so I don''t want him to

go there. They already have Titus Bramble''s less talented brother,

surely they''ve suffered enough. 

Macclesfeild on the other hand...

[quote user="7rew"]I have a couple of mates that support stockport so I don''t want him to

go there. They already have Titus Bramble''s less talented brother,

surely they''ve suffered enough. 

Macclesfeild on the other hand...[/quote]Lol, Titus'' less talented brother? The mind boggles!! What''s he called, Cassisus? Zeus? Hercules? I''ve always found the grandeur of the name Titus something of an irony in the case of the hapless Mr Bramble!

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="7rew"]I have a couple of mates that support stockport so I don''t want him to go there. They already have Titus Bramble''s less talented brother, surely they''ve suffered enough. 

Macclesfeild on the other hand...
[/quote]

Lol, Titus'' less talented brother? The mind boggles!! What''s he called, Cassisus? Zeus? Hercules?
I''ve always found the grandeur of the name Titus something of an irony in the case of the hapless Mr Bramble!
[/quote]

It''s Tesfaye, or Tes for short.  I hope he''s a more talented driver than his brother . . . he must be or he''d never have got to Stockport in one piece . . .

When Titus hit that house in Newton Flotman, I remember the lady owner saying what a lovely name he had, she didn''t realise who he was . . .

Unfortunately Grant gave him a years extension and said he could play a big part next season.  Doherty may well get himself super fit but he will still have the same skill level and he will still watch the ball rather than the runners.  I almost forgot, when fit he will have plenty of time to injure some of his fellow players on the training ground before the season starts. 

[quote user="silver fox"]Unfortunately Grant gave him a years extension and said he could play a big part next season.  Doherty may well get himself super fit but he will still have the same skill level and he will still watch the ball rather than the runners.  I almost forgot, when fit he will have plenty of time to injure some of his fellow players on the training ground before the season starts. [/quote]While I hope thats tongue in cheek,I think its unfair.Doc had a run of games last season where he looked half decent for the most part. Agreed, we need more than that from him if we''re to acheive anything meaningful, but it''s not out of the question in my opinion. He''s what, 24? Saying his skill level cannot improve is simply not true if you know the first thing about football. Next season is a clean slate in my book, we have a full pre-season with new coaching staff and he deserves a chance to at least try to be part of the team without constant abuse. Maybe Dion can teach him a thing or two between now and kickoff? One thing I do know is that pessimistic doom and gloom merchants slating him for the next 10 weeks before a ball has been kicked is a pointless excercise. Whether he''s first choice or a squad player, he''s a Norwich City player for the next 12 months at least.Hughes and Etuhu both managed to win some of their most ardent critics over last season (though I concede some of their most vocal abusers who never saw them kick a ball would need them both to change into Ronaldinho overnight to swallow their bile)Don''t get me wrong, I walked away from Carrow Road on more than one occasion last season slating him for being unable to make a tackle without landing on his arse, but I also gave credit where it was due when he did the business, which he did on more than one occasion.How many other players are going to come in for this treatment before the season starts? Have you really all got nothing better to do than pick holes in the team?Some of you need to pull your head out of somewhere very dark and understand what the word "supporter" actually means. Last season is over. It''s gone.We didn''t get promoted. Get over it, ffs.

Don''t despair fellow supporters he may not realise our change strip is red next season, he might actually pass, sorry, hoof it to a City player in the games we wear red!

Sorry Herb but I speak as I see and I haven''t seen any improvement in his skill level since he has been here.  I personally think he is a liability and it frustrates me when he continually volunteered comments last season about what he was going to do to put things right, when in fact for the most part he was the worst defender and continually put his fellow defenders under pressure.  The only reason his last ditch tackles look good is because he doesn''t read the game properly and as I previously stated he is a ball watcher.

I guess from your comments that you are happy with a half decent defender and that is your choice, I prefer to have a consistent defender.  I suggest you are only kidding yourself if you suddenly think he is going to improve drastically.  I know you have to give certain players time to find their feet, but Doherty has had three seasons.  I never gave Doherty any abuse and was prepared to applaud when he played well, which I would do for any player wearing the Norwich shirt.

In your world I guess you would have as all applaud crap performers and call ourselves supporters.  Having watched Norwich for over 40 years I think I know a good defender when I see one, and in my opinion Doherty is not a good defender.  I hope Doherty proves me wrong but for the time being I will leave my head buried.

Herb have to agree totally with you on doherty not brilliant but can be just has to be consistant.

all the people on here who slag him off might just wana take a look at the bloke who plays next to him jason "john terry" shackell is he that good ?? in my opinion no his distribution is crud his headers worse so there you go ive had my say . i suppose you moaning lot would say lets get craig short hes free and experienced!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="silver fox"]Unfortunately Grant gave him a years extension and said he could play a big part next season.  Doherty may well get himself super fit but he will still have the same skill level and he will still watch the ball rather than the runners.  I almost forgot, when fit he will have plenty of time to injure some of his fellow players on the training ground before the season starts. [/quote]

While I hope thats tongue in cheek,I think its unfair.
Doc had a run of games last season where he looked half decent for the most part. Agreed, we need more than that from him if we''re to acheive anything meaningful, but it''s not out of the question in my opinion. He''s what, 24? Saying his skill level cannot improve is simply not true if you know the first thing about football. Next season is a clean slate in my book, we have a full pre-season with new coaching staff and he deserves a chance to at least try to be part of the team without constant abuse. Maybe Dion can teach him a thing or two between now and kickoff?

One thing I do know is that pessimistic doom and gloom merchants slating him for the next 10 weeks before a ball has been kicked is a pointless excercise. Whether he''s first choice or a squad player, he''s a Norwich City player for the next 12 months at least.
Hughes and Etuhu both managed to win some of their most ardent critics over last season (though I concede some of their most vocal abusers who never saw them kick a ball would need them both to change into Ronaldinho overnight to swallow their bile)

Don''t get me wrong, I walked away from Carrow Road on more than one occasion last season slating him for being unable to make a tackle without landing on his arse, but I also gave credit where it was due when he did the business, which he did on more than one occasion.

How many other players are going to come in for this treatment before the season starts? Have you really all got nothing better to do than pick holes in the team?
Some of you need to pull your head out of somewhere very dark and understand what the word "supporter" actually means. Last season is over. It''s gone.We didn''t get promoted. Get over it, ffs.
[/quote]

Hear hear Herb, I haven''t always agreed with you in the past, but on this subject I have to say you speak for me too.  I am not Doherty''s biggest fan, but I think he (in fact the whole lot of them) deserve a whole season to prove their worth under let''s hope relatively normal playing conditions and without the dramas of the Worthy Out stuff going on.  I don''t think anyone coped too well with all that going on, neither board, manager, players or supporters.  How could we expect anyone to? 

I was chatting to another city fan last night and the general opinion was the last two seasons have been dark and depressing. Yes there are lots of thing which could improve at the club (we can''t be alone in that), but we have to move on and hope for better things.  Don''t know about you Herb, but I am not a naturally pessimistic person and more than anything want this football club to go onto greater things.  IMO none of the players should say too much to the press, but the press go up to Colney and nominate someone, they then are asked questions.  What are they supposed to say?  Get stuffed, I don''t want to talk to you?  Maybe it''s an issue the media dept at the club need to look at. 

[quote user="Herb"]
We didn''t get promoted. Get over it, ffs.
[/quote]

We weren''t even close and poor players played a large part of that, including an absolutely appalling defense....  Lets hope some of the poor players from the last 3 appalling seasons improve (unlikely) or are replaced sooner rather than later because many of the better players of recent years aren''t even here anymore.