Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Who,s your favourite poster ?

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]lappinitup wrote

For me it''s a toss up between nutty nigel and jas !!

For me it''s a similar exercise between Smudger and Cluck.

[/quote]

cityangel for me, what with her obsession with Hucks and her positive frame of mind [:D]

Oh God, not this mutual back scratching, ego stroking, cringeful, eulogising, sycophantic farce again.

I know there''s no football to concentrate on but do we have to keep resurrecting the same old threads over and over again? 

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

Mello, he''s so different!  Pure class and message to Archant

Better than your staff writers!  Sign him up. 

[/quote]

Gazza, we agree about something!  

My favourite used to be Mello, but he seems to have dropped the comedy these days and got a bit grumpy.  Probably only a small mid-life crisis, and nothing that a hair transplant, open topped car, and a blonde half his age couldn''t cure.My favourite is now Cluck, for staying away.  Smudger could well become my favourite though. [;)]

There are so many good posters on this forum:

Shack Attack seems to be on my wavelength, similarly Evil Monkey. 

To counter accusations of cliquism and because its true, I would

actually put Cluck towards the top of any list of posters, he was a

worthy adversary, enjoyed the give and take of impassioned debate and

under the exagerated persona (a slight wind up) was quite nice really.

However my Nap is Ray Ducker for organising the free bet!  Big it up big time.

I refuse to pick favourites - every poster at an internet message board is worth their weight, because what use is a forum without the interaction of varied opinions & diversification? The better writers wouldn''t stand-out if there were no lesser writers & vice versa.

Evil Monkey and Mcdougalls perm are good posters...

Although we seldom agree NN also makes some great posts. An online nemesis if u like! lol

jas :)

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="gazzathegreat"]

Mello, he''s so different!  Pure class and message to Archant

Better than your staff writers!  Sign him up. 

[/quote]

Gazza, we agree about something!  

[/quote]

They should sign up cityangel first, for her fantastic report on her visit to Colney just before the scum game [:D]

Got to keep posts short and to the point. Whittle gets my pointless but amusing vote. Would give it to Nutty Nigel for his seemingly extensive knowledge but the posts are just too long for my childlike short attention span!

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

Oh God, not this mutual back scratching, ego stroking, cringeful, eulogising, sycophantic farce again.

I know there''s no football to concentrate on but do we have to keep resurrecting the same old threads over and over again? 

[/quote]

Actually, I have to say that I don''t think that it is a ''eulogising, sycophantic farce'', it is just a chance to say what we like about this board. Seems to be an antidote to the ''what''s gone wrong with this forum''/ ''it all used to be perfect when I were a boy before all the back biting started'' style threads. Which actually are just as repetitive and meaningless as this appears to be. This thread shows that, though we have differences of opinion, we do enjoy reading and contributing to this board - don''t see the problem in recognising that occasionally.

And, having said that, I''d like to add that I also enjoy reading posts by 7rew, XXL16 and Jas. There we go, that''s satisfied my sycophantic, eulogising urge for a while. [:)] 

[quote user="August 64"]

I would say Arthur Whittle, Cluck, Smudger, Wayne Gardner, Ricky Knight.  Pure class.

[/quote]

Are you sure that there is not a hint of sarcasm in there AUGUST???

[quote user="ricky knight"]Easy, Smudger[/quote]

Cheers Fans...  I would have to say it is myself also since my long departed loved one has faded away... come back soon Clucky!!!

I think best avator has to go to Ricky''s new one (after ARTHUR decided to change his to a more unoffensive version)... is that you Ricky?  If not who is it???

I enjoy the input of many on both sides of the barbed wire fence that keeps the sheep nicely herded up... and even those who take abuse for sitting on the prickly fence itself!!!

I guess it all depends on how you use the message board. If it''s just for an exchange of views then I would think peoples favourites would be those whose views most reflect their own. If posters enjoy being part of an online community then it''s more likely they will appreciate the value of posters of different views. I come into the second category because as I said on the other thread I enjoy my time on this message board. I like being part of a community that is centred around something as special as the football team I support. I often have an exchange of views with posters like Jas and it’s a good thing we don’t always agree otherwise it would be boring. I have also changed my mind about things after debating with posters on here. ZLF convinced me that Hucks best position is up front when I was convinced he could play left midfield in a 442. Another poster convinced me that Fleming was the weakest link in our defence.

Fordy - I think I use so many words because of my childlike vocabulary. I wish I could get my point across in a more concise way!

When I first posted on this board I didn’t show enough respect to other posters and I seen the same thing from posters who join the board now. Only by sticking around have I learned the value of posters whose views I have little in common with.

Bearing all of this in mind my favourite poster, like 7rew, is Ray Ducker. In a time where there has been so much discontent among us City Fans on this board Ray did something that could bring us all together by organising  the free bet with Dixmar Racing.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Easy, Smudger[/quote]

Cheers Fans...  I would have to say it is myself also since my long departed loved one has faded away... come back soon Clucky!!!

I think best avator has to go to Ricky''s new one (after ARTHUR decided to change his to a more unoffensive version)... is that you Ricky?  If not who is it???

I enjoy the input of many on both sides of the barbed wire fence that keeps the sheep nicely herded up... and even those who take abuse for sitting on the prickly fence itself!!!

[/quote]

I have to own up buddy, its me.

I would have to say Smudger.

Controversial, or is he?

I think he revels in the attention he gets from posting ''controversial'' opinions.  However, he sticks by what he believes, doesn''t waver.

Is he controversial in real life?  Of does he just do it on here for the attention?  I don''t know.

I think if you were to meet Smudger in person, you would not recognise him (when talking to him) from his comments on here.

Smudger, my hat goes off to you mate.  You stick by your guns, you (seem to) post what you believe, your humour is very subtle and sometimes missed by others.  I do agree with some of what you say, perhaps I disagree with a lot.  However, even when I find myself stotting my head off a wall when reading one of your posts, you have got under my skin, and I must admit I have a bit of a soft spot for you.

Nutty Nigel, Macdougals Perm and Smudger. Jas is alright too. Everyones input is important though...it''s what makes this forum (no sh1t sherlock).

None of you.You''re all ****sIncluding me. Particularly me in fact. [:P]

My favourite poster is of Maria Sharapova. She''s on my wall right now (the poster that is, not her, regrettably).