Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Turners/Delia & Co... either put up or shut up!!!

We don''t want to hear what players you are supposedly going for (the Varney''s and Sharp''s of this world used as a smokescreen for what is really going on at Carrow Road).

ACTIONS SPEAK FAR LOUDER THAN WORDS!!!

If you are serious about going for promotion then let us see these actions doing the talking for you please.

We all know that Sharp probably wouldn''t of looked twice at us (even before the Earnie to Derby or Watford bombshell was dropped yesterday)... now any chance we may of had of attracting him to Carrow Road will of almost certainly of been blown out of the water... Why would he want to move to a club with ZERO AMBITION who as soon as they have some kind of base to build from are prepared to destroy all of that by selling their main asset for the cheapest price?

The minute Sharp (and other players of a similar ilk) hear that we have sold Earnshaw on the cheap then none of them will want to come and play their football here at Carrow Road.

Congratulations on destroying another season before it has had chance to get underway!!!

Then again you don''t care until next March do you?  Is the plc Bank Account looking good yet again after selling so many season tickets?  Hoiw much are we going to pay the tax man this year???

Anyone seen any goats going over a rickety bridge ? Honestly Smudger, you take one piece of gossip from a tabloid, and use it to paint a picture of dark despair.Last time I checked Earnshaws'' registration was still held at Carrow Road.  No-one has confirmed a bid from either club.And 5 million isn''t exactly what I would call a bargain basement price.Sharp will probably go to Wolves.  You know that, I know that, the whole of Wolverhampton and Norwich knows it.  It''s not because we haven''t made a bid, it''s because Wolves signed his former strike partner from them last summer, and the 2 of them are mate.  So for you to pave the way for future claims of "lack of ambition" once you have been "proven right" about the "lack of a bid" strikes me as more than a touch dishonest.And as for this...[quote]Congratulations on destroying another season before it has had chance to get underway!!![/quote]Hyperbole of the lowest common denominator.

Trust me, the Turner''s have put up.

£4 Million or so, without any player sales. So forget about all this rubbish how were spending the Earnshaw cash, we''re not, not saying that he''s definately staying though. There is ambition, money available for Sharp, Varney, Marshall, so stop moaning.

Oh, and a question for Smudger

If we spent £9 Million this summer, all on Scottish players would you be happy?

smudge you overlook the fact that it was scunthorpe who confirmed the Norwich bid for Sharp and Varney who confirmed that bid. neither Delia or the turners have said anything on the matter from what ive seen so how can it be used as a smokescreen?

[quote user="Peter Grants Tartan Army"]

Trust me, the Turner''s have put up.

£4 Million or so, without any player sales. So forget about all this rubbish how were spending the Earnshaw cash, we''re not, not saying that he''s definately staying though. There is ambition, money available for Sharp, Varney, Marshall, so stop moaning.

Oh, and a question for Smudger

If we spent £9 Million this summer, all on Scottish players would you be happy?

[/quote]

Depends on who the said Scottish players were...

I have no problem with where the players come from... but £9million on Scottish players?  C''mon the socttish national squad ain''t worth that much!!!  [:D]

Shhh.... its a conspiracy to ruin Norwich involving Delia, The Turners,

the Chairmen of all other football clubs in the country, The Football

League, The Coca-Cola Company, The FA, the FBI, the CIA, the FSB (KGB),

MI5, MI6, Mossad, Prince Phillip, Channel 4 and Noel Edmonds offa "Deal

or No Deal".

Weren''t you in on it?

It has to be said Smudger;   "For goodness sake have you not got any work you need to do? instead of making stupid comments. Your efforts would better put to use for a charity if you have this much time to waste. Do something worthwhile mate.

Smudger, do you have some sort of script into which you type a few keywords like "zero ambition", and "smokescreen" and it creates a nice little dollop of bilge for you to post here? Surely you can''t come up with it all yourself?

Anyway, to your "points"...

The bids were received, and confirmed by clubs other than NCFC. I fail to see how that''s a smokescreen.

Earnshaw hasn''t signed for Derby. In fact, there''s no hard evidence that any bid has been received or accepted for Earnshaw, therefore how can you use this for your "argument"? Oh, of course, dramatic effect.

As for our season being destroyed already... The first game doesn''t kick off until August, and the transfer window doesn''t shut until the end of that same month. Only then can we begin to establish whether the close-season has been a success or not. But then again, logic and common sense don''t appear to be your main attributes.

The Turners have come out in the press and categorically stated that they are not in it to make money. So your argument that they''re only interested when the financial year is, quite frankly, a load of deliberately controversial, attention-seeking guff.

However, you''ve received another rise. Well done...

nail, head, hit...

seriosuly buddy.. havent you got anything new to say?

it''s a long way til the transfer window closes and definatly a VERY long way til we can judge if our season has bene ruined dude.

[quote]

Shhh.... its a conspiracy to ruin Norwich involving Delia, The Turners,

the Chairmen of all other football clubs in the country, The Football

League, The Coca-Cola Company, The FA, the FBI, the CIA, the FSB (KGB),

MI5, MI6, Mossad, Prince Phillip, Channel 4 and Noel Edmonds offa "Deal

or No Deal".[/quote]I can''t believe that you left out Al Fayed, Sam Hammam, the US Oil lobby, President Bushes'' Masseuse, Vladimir Putin, Tom Cruise and the Scientologists (my favourite band, if they existed), the secret government of the world, the UN, and the Galactic Council of Megalopolis 4.

Even by his standards, what a ludicrous and totally unrealistic post! For starters has he even read David Marshalls comments today - heres a young keeper who desperately wants to play for us because of the ambition and facilities here and his belief we are likely to be pushing hard for promotion next season. The Varney bid was done quietly and without any broadcasting from our Club - it was Varney himself who told the media of our bid, so funny sort of smokescreen, hey! But lets not worry about the facts, hey Smudger, when theres a bit of mischief to be made. And as for the OTT Statement about next season already destroyed - for goodness sake, Get a Life! Get Real!

[quote user="Smudger"]

Congratulations on destroying another season before it has had chance to get underway!!!

[/quote]

There I was looking forward to the season and then you have to tell me this.

Please change your name to Dr. Doom

I think I''ll phone the Samaritans

Just like to apologise, the question i put to smudger was a little unfair. I was thinking it was Smudger constantly barracking the Scottish links, when it''s first wizard.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Sharp will probably go to Wolves.  You know that, I know that, the whole of Wolverhampton and Norwich knows it. 
[/quote]

This has been my point all along in other posts BBB, glad you realise it..............at last.

Smudger has hit a raw nerve here with some posters who are loathe to admit that he might have been right all along.

I''m 100% behind him.

[quote user="Jack Flash"]

Even by his standards, what a ludicrous and totally unrealistic post! For starters has he even read David Marshalls comments today - heres a young keeper who desperately wants to play for us because of the ambition and facilities here and his belief we are likely to be pushing hard for promotion next season. The Varney bid was done quietly and without any broadcasting from our Club - it was Varney himself who told the media of our bid, so funny sort of smokescreen, hey! But lets not worry about the facts, hey Smudger, when theres a bit of mischief to be made. And as for the OTT Statement about next season already destroyed - for goodness sake, Get a Life! Get Real!

[/quote]

Here''s a tip Jack which will save you an awful lot of pain.  Disregard anything and everything that players or their representatives say in the press on the subject of transfers.  The same applies to whatever comes out of our boardroom or any other boardroom.  All that matters is what actually happens.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Sharp will probably go to Wolves.  You know that, I know that, the whole of Wolverhampton and Norwich knows it. 
[/quote]

This has been my point all along in other posts BBB, glad you realise it..............at last.

Smudger has hit a raw nerve here with some posters who are loathe to admit that he might have been right all along.

I''m 100% behind him.

[/quote] Wiz , Why did you only use part of the post?  You know that the next bit made it a more balanced veiw so why ignore it? I will remind you what it says, Sharp''s mate and ex strike partener is at wolves. I can not believe you deliberatley left it out to make an unbalanced or biased quote to cause mischief , (you didn''t did you?)Indifferent [:|]

The Norfolk Nationalist Party would like to make it perfectly clear that they are not part of the conspiracy either. I have defended you in the past Smudger but I have to say you have jumped the gun a bit, the time to get angry is after the transfer window has closed, and then only if it transpires that Earnie has been sold and we have bought no one/ a pile of poo.

[quote user="Stephen Frys Evil Twin"]

Smudger, do you have some sort of script into which you type a few keywords like "zero ambition", and "smokescreen" and it creates a nice little dollop of bilge for you to post here? Surely you can''t come up with it all yourself?

Anyway, to your "points"...

The bids were received, and confirmed by clubs other than NCFC. I fail to see how that''s a smokescreen.

Earnshaw hasn''t signed for Derby. In fact, there''s no hard evidence that any bid has been received or accepted for Earnshaw, therefore how can you use this for your "argument"? Oh, of course, dramatic effect.

As for our season being destroyed already... The first game doesn''t kick off until August, and the transfer window doesn''t shut until the end of that same month. Only then can we begin to establish whether the close-season has been a success or not. But then again, logic and common sense don''t appear to be your main attributes.

The Turners have come out in the press and categorically stated that they are not in it to make money. So your argument that they''re only interested when the financial year is, quite frankly, a load of deliberately controversial, attention-seeking guff.

However, you''ve received another rise. Well done...

[/quote]

Yes... how did you guess that Mr FRY???

I use the old version of the Carrow Road PR machine that they sold to me last year when they updated for a new model... yet more money spent on off the field activities!!!  [;)]

[quote user="Jack Flash"]

[/quote]

Yes I read Marshall''s comments earlier today... yet more guff I''m afraid!!!

City have no ambition and more importantly NO MONEY either until they have got Eanie off the books and a few £million in to the bank account.  Even then after they have diddled half of that money away on off-field activities and the like then will there be enough to stretch to the money that we need to sign Marshall?  I doub''t it seeing as we already seem to be desperatly haggling over a few quid with Celtic and we have many other positions to fill!!!

As for us pushing for promotion this coming season Marshall is sadly mistaken.... if that is what he is hoping for then I suggest that he starts looking elsewhere to play his football next season.  [:P]

[quote]This has been my point all along in other posts BBB, glad you realise it..............at last.[/quote]

Ah, but Wiz the things is, that it won''t be for the reasons you have predicted.  We will match any bid that Wolves put on the table.  Sharp will in all likelyhood move to Wolves because they signed Keogh last season, and Sharp and Keogh know each other and work well as a partnership.

Nail on the head Wiz, but wrong nail.  Thanks for proving my point about you both using the likely failure to buy Sharp for your next attack on the club.

Are you familiar with the term "Nihalism" ?  I think that''s how it''s spelt.

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="Jack Flash"]

[/quote]

Here''s a tip Jack which will save you an awful lot of pain.  Disregard anything and everything that players or their representatives say in the press on the subject of transfers.  The same applies to whatever comes out of our boardroom or any other boardroom.  All that matters is what actually happens.

[/quote]

Congratulations Mystic. This is without doubt the most sensible thing posted on this board for a long long time. I suggest everyone takes notice including Wiz and Smudger. If come the first game of the season we have spent a shed load of money on numerous exciting new players then we can all go into "I told you so" mode. Likewise if a few freebies & journeyman have arrived we can all bow to the wisdom of Wiz, Arthur, Smudger and jump on the runaway express of bile that will no doubt be heading for Carrow Road!!!

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]The Norfolk Nationalist Party would like to make it perfectly clear that they are not part of the conspiracy either. I have defended you in the past Smudger but I have to say you have jumped the gun a bit, the time to get angry is after the transfer window has closed, and then only if it transpires that Earnie has been sold and we have bought no one/ a pile of poo.[/quote]

The problem is that some people are starting to believe their conspiracies above anything that suggests or proves contrary to their view. 

A Norwich link with Varney only came out via the player himself when he signed for Charlton, the bid for Sharp was released to the media by Scunny''s Chairman, the bid for Marshall mentioned to the media by his agent/Celtic and this link for Dixon only came out via Dundee''s Chairman.  Surely these rather disprove the ''smokescreen'' theory - unless officials to do with 4 different clubs and agents of 4 players were in on it.  That is surely rather far fetched.  Indeed, as our club has refused to comment on any speculation, so how it can be charged with doing otherwise is beyond me.

We really do have to wait and see what happens re: transfers.  It is jumping the gun in the extreme to suggest that next season has been ruined already - we are only in the first week of June and the season finished barely 2 weeks ago.  Hardly any transfers have happened so far, so we are not exactly missing out on anything.  That we actually have realistic links to decent players to discuss is a huge forward step compared to the last few seasons.  It really does seem to be that some will criticise the club whatever it does.

[quote user="carpio"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

I''m 100% behind him.

[/quote] Wiz , Why did you only use part of the post?  You know that the next bit made it a more balanced veiw so why ignore it? I will remind you what it says, Sharp''s mate and ex strike partener is at wolves. I can not believe you deliberatley left it out to make an unbalanced or biased quote to cause mischief , (you didn''t did you?)Indifferent [:|][/quote]

To be fair, he only used that quotation because that''s the only part he was responding too...

Smudger,Do you really have such blind hatred for the club at the minute, that you''re now suggesting that potential signings are actually going to the press to spout lies about having a desire to join us???The comments from David Marshall in my opinion (and many other fans) were great to hear. We know we''ve got top facilities, what we''ve sometimes questioned is where the club is going and their ambition. For a good quality young keeper to come out and categorically state that he wants to sign for us, has to be taken as a sign that despite our poor performance last year, the work being done by Grant et al, is such that we can attract these sorts of players again.Why shouldn''t we be haggling over the price of a player? Even if we have more than enough cash available to pay ''x'' amount more, why should we pay over the odds for a player, particularly one who''s actually made it clear that he sees his future with us, as against his current club? Only the likes of Abramovich can afford to simply get their blank cheque book out and pay whatever money, to get a player regardless.There is no smokescreen or spin from the board regarding signings, as many others have already stated, it hasn''t been our board telling everyone about potential signings, it''s been the players/agents/clubs that we''ve approached with bids that didn''t keep their mouths shut.As for these signings being unrealistic because we know they won''t join - what a ridiculous statement that is. If we''d said we were looking at signing Drogba or Henry, then I''d understand the sentiment, but making offers on players like Sharp to me is not only very viable, but highly sensible. If the player does choose not to come to us, at least we made the attempt.If we weren''t trying to get players like Sharp, then people such as yourself and Wiz would be ranting on here about the boards lack of ambition, their refusal to sign players - or that they''re signing unheard of nobody''s or old journeymen. Please can you be honest and advise what it would take for you to be positive about potential signings? Who do you feel we should be looking to sign at the minute, that does fall into this magic category you seem to have, whereby the player is not out of our league, too old, too young, too expensive, too cheap, too crap or too Scottish???I personally find it interesting that a professional footballer, currently playing for the top club in Scotland who was on loan here last season can see us pushing for promotion, whereas a fan who has admitted not even attending a game for two years who posts nothing but negativity -  can''t. I''m not trying to haev a go at you over this, as we are all entitled to our opinions, but even the most neutral viewer on this situation would have to question your reasoning. Can you give a constructive and factual response as to why you think the overall situation is so bad, what the board should be doing to change this, how the manager can change this (I presume by signing players you recommend?), why the vast majority of fans who don''t want the board out are simply mindless sheep, and most importantly for me - why you haven''t been to a game in years, yet profess far more knowledge about current players and tactics, than fans who go every week - and even Peter Grant himself?RegardsIndy

Christ Smudger, another moan, another set of conspiracy theories, I wonder about your blood pressure at times and why you deign to support Norwich when those in charge are obviously looking to asset strip the club, shut it down and run off to the Bahamas!

What if Sharp WANTS to go to Wolves, what if that is his one and only preference, how can us then not signing him-for that reason-be denoted as a "lack of ambition?" -we can''t force someone to sign for us! Remember, WBA wanted to sign Hucks, they could have offered him more, but he wasn''t interested, he wanted to play with us, ditto he has turned down other opportunities to move in the past couple of years, he wants to stay with us-don''t you want to criticise him for his lack of ambition??

I know we shouldn''t all bite whenever you put out your well greased bait but FFS, you go on and on and on and on, how much more agony can you take before you explode?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I''m 100% behind him.

[/quote]Wiz!  It''s really mean to creap up behing paranoid people!  It can also be quite dangerous.Oh well, you have been warned

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Smudger,

Do you really have such blind hatred for the club at the minute, that you''re now suggesting that potential signings are actually going to the press to spout lies about having a desire to join us???

The comments from David Marshall in my opinion (and many other fans) were great to hear. We know we''ve got top facilities, what we''ve sometimes questioned is where the club is going and their ambition. For a good quality young keeper to come out and categorically state that he wants to sign for us, has to be taken as a sign that despite our poor performance last year, the work being done by Grant et al, is such that we can attract these sorts of players again.

Why shouldn''t we be haggling over the price of a player? Even if we have more than enough cash available to pay ''x'' amount more, why should we pay over the odds for a player, particularly one who''s actually made it clear that he sees his future with us, as against his current club? Only the likes of Abramovich can afford to simply get their blank cheque book out and pay whatever money, to get a player regardless.

There is no smokescreen or spin from the board regarding signings, as many others have already stated, it hasn''t been our board telling everyone about potential signings, it''s been the players/agents/clubs that we''ve approached with bids that didn''t keep their mouths shut.

As for these signings being unrealistic because we know they won''t join - what a ridiculous statement that is. If we''d said we were looking at signing Drogba or Henry, then I''d understand the sentiment, but making offers on players like Sharp to me is not only very viable, but highly sensible. If the player does choose not to come to us, at least we made the attempt.

If we weren''t trying to get players like Sharp, then people such as yourself and Wiz would be ranting on here about the boards lack of ambition, their refusal to sign players - or that they''re signing unheard of nobody''s or old journeymen.

Please can you be honest and advise what it would take for you to be positive about potential signings? Who do you feel we should be looking to sign at the minute, that does fall into this magic category you seem to have, whereby the player is not out of our league, too old, too young, too expensive, too cheap, too crap or too Scottish???

I personally find it interesting that a professional footballer, currently playing for the top club in Scotland who was on loan here last season can see us pushing for promotion, whereas a fan who has admitted not even attending a game for two years who posts nothing but negativity -  can''t.

I''m not trying to haev a go at you over this, as we are all entitled to our opinions, but even the most neutral viewer on this situation would have to question your reasoning. Can you give a constructive and factual response as to why you think the overall situation is so bad, what the board should be doing to change this, how the manager can change this (I presume by signing players you recommend?), why the vast majority of fans who don''t want the board out are simply mindless sheep, and most importantly for me - why you haven''t been to a game in years, yet profess far more knowledge about current players and tactics, than fans who go every week - and even Peter Grant himself?

Regards

Indy
[/quote]

No way in hell you are going to get a reasonable reply to this very well constructed post.

Be interesting to see which few words he decides to pick out to prove you "wrong" though.

[quote user="megson"]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Smudger,

Do you really have such blind hatred for the club at the minute, that you''re now suggesting that potential signings are actually going to the press to spout lies about having a desire to join us???

The comments from David Marshall in my opinion (and many other fans) were great to hear. We know we''ve got top facilities, what we''ve sometimes questioned is where the club is going and their ambition. For a good quality young keeper to come out and categorically state that he wants to sign for us, has to be taken as a sign that despite our poor performance last year, the work being done by Grant et al, is such that we can attract these sorts of players again.

Why shouldn''t we be haggling over the price of a player? Even if we have more than enough cash available to pay ''x'' amount more, why should we pay over the odds for a player, particularly one who''s actually made it clear that he sees his future with us, as against his current club? Only the likes of Abramovich can afford to simply get their blank cheque book out and pay whatever money, to get a player regardless.

There is no smokescreen or spin from the board regarding signings, as many others have already stated, it hasn''t been our board telling everyone about potential signings, it''s been the players/agents/clubs that we''ve approached with bids that didn''t keep their mouths shut.

As for these signings being unrealistic because we know they won''t join - what a ridiculous statement that is. If we''d said we were looking at signing Drogba or Henry, then I''d understand the sentiment, but making offers on players like Sharp to me is not only very viable, but highly sensible. If the player does choose not to come to us, at least we made the attempt.

If we weren''t trying to get players like Sharp, then people such as yourself and Wiz would be ranting on here about the boards lack of ambition, their refusal to sign players - or that they''re signing unheard of nobody''s or old journeymen.

Please can you be honest and advise what it would take for you to be positive about potential signings? Who do you feel we should be looking to sign at the minute, that does fall into this magic category you seem to have, whereby the player is not out of our league, too old, too young, too expensive, too cheap, too crap or too Scottish???

I personally find it interesting that a professional footballer, currently playing for the top club in Scotland who was on loan here last season can see us pushing for promotion, whereas a fan who has admitted not even attending a game for two years who posts nothing but negativity -  can''t.

I''m not trying to haev a go at you over this, as we are all entitled to our opinions, but even the most neutral viewer on this situation would have to question your reasoning. Can you give a constructive and factual response as to why you think the overall situation is so bad, what the board should be doing to change this, how the manager can change this (I presume by signing players you recommend?), why the vast majority of fans who don''t want the board out are simply mindless sheep, and most importantly for me - why you haven''t been to a game in years, yet profess far more knowledge about current players and tactics, than fans who go every week - and even Peter Grant himself?

Regards

Indy
[/quote]

No way in hell you are going to get a reasonable reply to this very well constructed post.

Be interesting to see which few words he decides to pick out to prove you "wrong" though.

[/quote]

The moon is made of cheese and has nice knobbly holes in it!!!  [;)]