Sign in to follow this  

Why is this lad not signed for us yet he has already stated the affection he has for norwich top goalscorer at this level seems to score for fun.What more do we need he is not even going to be that expensive 500 to 750 k would surely capture him.I think the money offered for sharpe is a big gamble as he is not proven at this level not saying he is not very usefull but the big question is can he do it at this level.To expensive for my liking would sooner have cureton and buy a decent centre back with whats left over.

[quote user="allways travelling"]Why is this lad not signed for us yet he has already stated the affection he has for norwich top goalscorer at this level seems to score for fun.What more do we need he is not even going to be that expensive 500 to 750 k would surely capture him.I think the money offered for sharpe is a big gamble as he is not proven at this level not saying he is not very usefull but the big question is can he do it at this level.To expensive for my liking would sooner have cureton and buy a decent centre back with whats left over.[/quote]

He scored for fun for one season at this level, and has harldy been prolific throughout his career.

He''s the sort of player that if it clicks he''ll get you goals, if not he won''t. Just ask a Swindon fan.

[quote user="megson"]

He''s the sort of player that if it clicks he''ll get you goals, if not he won''t. Just ask a Swindon fan.

[/quote]

His goalscoring record is prolific to say the least.  As for his time at an awful Swindon side, well he still managed a few for them, even if he started poorly. Age is not on his side however.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=1843

Hmm i''ll hold my hand up there. He''s scored more than I was giving him credit for, mainly at a lower level but that''s still a decent return.

Age isn''t on his side but after that i''m a lot more open to seeing him back here than I was.

Thanks for correcting me on that one Foghorn!

[quote user="megson"]

Hmm i''ll hold my hand up there. He''s scored more than I was giving him credit for, mainly at a lower level but that''s still a decent return.

Age isn''t on his side but after that i''m a lot more open to seeing him back here than I was.

Thanks for correcting me on that one Foghorn!

[/quote]

Having just read up a little, apparently at swindon he started poorly failing to score at all, did well on loan at colchester, then did well on coming back to Swindon.  However his form turned poor at the end of the season and he missed a few sitters in key games which could be said to have got them relegated.  Then he left them on a free, hence he is not well regarded by Swindon fans!!

[quote user="megson"]

[quote user="allways travelling"]Why is this lad not signed for us yet he has already stated the affection he has for norwich top goalscorer at this level seems to score for fun.What more do we need he is not even going to be that expensive 500 to 750 k would surely capture him.I think the money offered for sharpe is a big gamble as he is not proven at this level not saying he is not very usefull but the big question is can he do it at this level.To expensive for my liking would sooner have cureton and buy a decent centre back with whats left over.[/quote]

He scored for fun for one season at this level, and has harldy been prolific throughout his career.

[/quote]

Curets is a staunch Bristol Rovers fan... might explain why he didn do that well at Swindon.. they were on his back from the start.

jas :)

Me thinks a pairing of huckerby and cureton added with earnie would net us shed loads of goals with regard cureton age he may be 31 but that is why you would get him for half a million.He still got a couple of good years in him.we paid 350k for brown who definately is not a proven goalscorer.We must try a bid of 500k we must be mad if we dont there is no striker in the country who scored 25 goals last season going to be sold for less then 2million.Going back to brown i know he is not a proven goalscorer but i think he will end up a very decent addittion to our squad in the same mould as iwan just needs to settle in.

im in total agreement,we need jamie here.and he is not a gamble. i still cant belive walker let him go! J.C IS A LEGEND BRING HIM BACK NOW!