Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

2007-2008 Fixture List

Fairly tough opening couple of months for Grant to tackle there. On the plus side, we should know where we are heading by October, for better or worse.

Oh titwillow!  One of the few matches up this way and I''ll be in Norfolk!  The other 2 close ones are on Tuesdays, which are a problem, and the sheffield ones are both at the end of the season, which may be over by then.Worst Draw Ever!

its officially pants!  Why are we always away on the first and last games of the season?! And the away fixtures near to me at uni are always when im back in Norfolk!!  Just wish they would consult me when formulating the list Stick out tongue [:P]

[quote user="Blainsey"]

why do we always seem to get sheff weds either the last or penultimate game of the season?

[/quote]

I''m glad Sheffield Wednesday is our last away game again. We get loads of tickets there. Remember 2004 and Crewe away? So many disappointed fans even though Crewe gave us extra tickets. Even if we have another season of mid-table mediocrity we will still take a big following to Hillsborough.

FFS, I am gutted....

Mainly because I should be in Preston in September! I thought that this game would just be a traditional Tuesday winter''s night one, not the first bloody day! Grr

Was looking forward to a tacky weekend in Blackpool - no such luck with it being on a Tuesday night in November and the place closes in winter.

Only 1 saturday home game in August, meaning onlu 1 in the cricket season, good ro bad thing whichever way you look at it.

We have 2 footballing delights at Carrow Road just after Xmas, samwiched in between Turkey (no - not the players) and too much drink.

Crystal Palace away on News years day certainly aint appealing. The last time  i went (by coach) it took about 7 hours, we''d have to set off just as the clock struck 12!

Tricky Start, but this is probably good as it gives us, the board etc a true reflection of what the season will be like, rather than a potentially good start points wise, with poor performances agaisnt poor opposition.

I think whatever way you look at it there is no such thing in this league as an easy start. Looking at the fixtures it made me realise how bloody tough and competitive this league is.

At the end of the day to go up you have to play 46 games. It doesnt matter who you play and at what stage you play them.You just have to wrack up enuff points from Aug to May.

Personally from the fist 7 games i would settle for 13-16 points.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

sheff wed last away ....again

selhurst park new years day .....again

its groundhog year

[/quote]

i was gonna comment on how similar it is to last year - lets just hope it doesn''t produce the same result!

I''m quite pleased with the opening game at Preston, not a short hop from here and as far as I know I''m not back in Norfolk then... I also got excited when I saw we were playing Sheffield Utd on my birthday... only to realise it''s in Norwich! I won''t be back for a few weeks after! Boo! Pretty mediocre draw, really, much the same as recent years in many ways... Scum away before at home, Wednesday last game, a tough opening fixture against one of last season''s play-off contenders... yawn!

Gonna save ole smudger the job of replying to this thread lol.

That fixture list is the boards last will and testament !!

I can only see one draw and nine defeats in the first ten games but thats only if the board come up with twenty million for Granty to spend (which they won''t).

You only have to look at the first six games and you know we won''t win one of them specially if that useless crap Brown plays and the few scotish nobodies who Grant will get on the cheap.

Nothing but doom and gloom for the coming season I''m afraid. Don''t say I didn''t warn you !!

Arthur. I think you should call your protest for the Barnet match (after we get stuffed in that the sheep will be pulling the wool out to join us).

Delia must go now and we must get a foreign investor in immediately (someone must know one somewhere).

Oh, I can''t stand the excitement. I was right right right all along.

We''re gonna be relegated by christmas. Lubbly jubbly !!

I''m sooo happy. I need a drink.

I''m going up the Grove !!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Personally from the fist 7 games i would settle for 13-16 points.

[/quote]

Blimey.  I''d snatch your hand off for 10.

I for one am glad we have a tough start.  Way back in the mists of time we had 3 games to play against Fulham, in the season that no-one could touch them and they got promoted.  In the first game they played us off the park, by the third game we got a draw and were more than a match for them. The team had improved as a result of playing the best available opposition, and having to up their tempo.