Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Wolves sign Eastwood?... cureton and sharp

Apparently the wolves local paper seem to be convinced that freddy eastwood has signed for them..

http://www.expressandstar.co.uk/2007/06/15/wolves-set-to-sign-eastwood/

which then leaves cureton and sharp... at this moment in time i honestly cant see sharp signing for us, which leaves cureton, yes he was the top-scorer last year but he''s 31 now, hasn''t got a tall strike partner at norwich (chris brown :~) and earnshaw is much better imo.. plus we wouldnt be able to sell him on later ala ashton and probably earnshaw

Transfer List

A) Billy Sharp

B) Freddy Eastwood

C) Jamie Cureton

so.... otsemboor, gavin rae and cureton?

£1.25mil seems cheap for someone of Eastwood''s potential. Still, I hope this could mean that with Wolves takeover not gone through yet that Billy Sharp isn''t off to Wolves.

1.25 million could be right, he''s only got a year on his contract left, and probably doesn''t fancy league 1 now.Here''s a question that''s been brought up by Waghorn :[quote]While everyone from West Bromwich Albion to Watford have also been

linked to Sharp, the presumption has always been that Andy Keogh''s

presence at Wolves would be the key that unlocks that door as Sharp

teams up again with his old Irons pal.What Sharp will not have

been banking on is having to fight Eastwood for a starting place. And

while competition for places is clearly healthy, if you are Sharp and

have a third of the Championship beating a path to your door this

summer, you''re going to go somewhere where you are guaranteed games.[/quote]So, would Sharp be happy to play second fiddle to Eastwood, assuming that Keogh is the provider ?Are Wolves lining Eastwood up because they''ve been muscled out on Sharp ?If so, which team are doing the muscling  ?Maybe Eastwood is the better of the two players to buy, his fee is lower, and he has Championship experience.  I think we might have a chance with Sharp though.

£1.2 million is taking the p*ss isn''t it?? Southend can''t be happy with that. He could easily be an Ashton type signing where he goes for 2-3mil to a top championship club, blossoming further there and attracting attention of premiership club who shell out 6 or 7 mil. I think he''s no more of a gamble than Ashton was when we signed him from Crewe. If this is true we should hijack the move and slap 2 million on the table. But if he wants wolves there''s not much we can do i guess. He''d be closer to home in Norwich at least!

i''ve seen sharp play and i think he''s a better player than eastwood. i would be happy to see eastwood at wolves and sharp an norwich

it seems so far that us and wolves are the only two teams who have had offers for sharp accepted and put in offers for eastwood boths similar players and cant see both going to wolves i would be happy with eastwood though wasnt bad at this level could see him and brown forming  a good partnership or maybe even earnie and eastwood (seems unlikely though)it definately looks like we are going all out for a replacement similar to earnshaw but knowing city we will probably end up with cureton who after the quoted price of 750,000 im not so keen on realistically the signings i would predict this window are gavin rae(looks averidge),ostembor who im looking forward to seeing and cureton all of who i doubt would help us push for the top six.