Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Beaten by Ipswich. Again?

I see that Ipswich were back in pre-season training early - on Tuesday of this week. And they will get a week off in July to compensate.

When do our lot start?

So much for getting in the new signings in time for the start of pre-season, one suspects. 

One hopes this does not mean that we will again concede goals and games in the last 10-15 minutes.

Or are Ipswich over-training?

OTBC

This is a tricky one.  I reckon with the extra training they will start the new season like a bullet train.  Problem being is that they have a lot of youth and burnt out a little towards the end of last season, coming in earlier means that they should in theory burn out earlier.

If they don''t make the start they hope for then they could be in serious trouble come feb/march.  A big gamble by Magilton.  If it pays then it will be seen as a tactical master stroke, if they lose (which I hope they do, in style) it could be curtains for Ipswich Town.  Now that would be very very funny.

I don''t know if it''s relevant, but quite a few Premiership sides that compete in the Intertoto Cup (pre-season) tend to start well, and then tail off around September / October.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I see that Ipswich were back in pre-season training early - on Tuesday of this week. And they will get a week off in July to compensate.

When do our lot start?

So much for getting in the new signings in time for the start of pre-season, one suspects. 

One hopes this does not mean that we will again concede goals and games in the last 10-15 minutes.

Or are Ipswich over-training?

OTBC

[/quote]

No Bly, we were there first. I always worry about people who use the scabby blues to try to score points against our great club.

WHILE Ipswich Town''s players return for pre-season tomorrow, their Norfolk rivals have already been back to the training ground.

Norwich manager Peter Grant called his entire squad in for fitness tests halfway through their summer break.

City players are currently working on a 10-page fitness programme organised by sports scientist Dave Carolan, with Canary players reporting in for midsummer checks.

“We have taken the decision to bring players to check how they are progressing off-season,” said Grant.

“The aim is to be one step ahead when they come back next month for pre-season training. In the past we have tended to do this on a bespoke basis for certain players. But this time we''re doing everybody, so everybody''s treated the same.”

Blues players will be training three days a week for the next three weeks, before stepping up their work rate. They have a week off from July 8.

It was felt that a 10-page fitness programme would contain too many long words for them to understand so they are going to report to the guy with the bucket and sponge personally.

Nutty. It might help debate if you would attribute your quote.

But as far as I get it, Ipswich were back for pre-season on 12th June, and our lot will back on 1st July.

Do-it-yourself get/keep fit manuals to take on summer hols & read on the beach with chips-with-everything hardly counts as pre-season training, I would submit.[ip]

OTBC

Seeing as Nutty is yet to post - the information he quoted is directly from this site!!! It is from a Pink ''un article which also featured in the Evening News.

Now I want to be surprised that you haven''t read the article but then in all honesty some of you comments suggest that I should not be surprised by anything!

I would like to point out a couple of things about starting training now - not only are our guys being put through their paces midway through their break if you find the article you will also find that whilst the little pile of muck down the road have started earlier it is on a much less rigorous routine. If my memory serves me correctly it is something like three days a week. Our guys start back later but take on a much more full on routine for more than that and don''t stop for a holiday half way through.

The seccond thing with this is that if you start early the players that you have now will be fitter than the ones coming in on July 1st and you may also end up loosing some players which you have just wasted some time on practicing new set pieces etc with.

If your like Norwich and know that you have a couple of guys coming in already for the 1st July then you may as well start them all off then, although I would not be surprised if Otsemobor has been informed of the expected fitness levels and he has gone off to work on it. That and some of the lads who were lacking in fitness from the end of the season stayed behind to get topped up before they were allowed to leave for holliday.

I could go on but if people actually paid attention to the information out their they would know already and those that don''t are just going to shoot this post down like most of the other "what I say is the truth" gang.

[/quote]

I don''t want to help debate between the merits of  piswich and us.[:S] I have no intention of recognising anything good about them.[:|] I view every comparison through the most tinted yellow and green welding goggles that you could imagine.[8-|] I am happy to admit it and it will never change.[|-)]

On the other hand you are quite happy to use the scabby blues to attempt to score points against our great club. Twice this week you have "headlined" them. You openly admit you  don''t care if they win this league / finish above us. In that way we are poles apart and always will be.

Jim Magilton on Look East, re. early training: "Will it work? I''ve absolutely no idea, but I''m giving it a try anyway."

If Grant said that most people on this board would be up in arms. At least we have some method to our madness.

If Ipswich run out of steam end of September or have a lot of injurys will it look like a good idea then ? Maybe its because they nearly always start slowly so big Jim is trying to trick them into thinking the first game is like the sixth game by starting training early and telling them that this season pre season games gain you points !!!!!!!!

So are we predicting an Ipswich collapse around Xmas after a decent start... I can see it now...

People here moaning about how well Ipswich are doing on a string budget, and why can''t Norwich do the same... then come Xmas, they''ll fall quicker than a newly released Pet Shop Boys single, of which the moaning will probably then be diverted to the board.

But as far as I get it, Ipswich were back for pre-season on 12th June, and our lot will back on 1st July.

Do-it-yourself get/keep fit manuals to take on summer hols & read on the beach with chips-with-everything hardly counts as pre-season training, I would submit.[ip]

OTBC

[/quote]

Bly , you are a lovely sweet old boy ,sweet as a nut i bet, but you do keep going on about the binners , i have started to worry about you , are you a wolf in sheeps clothing ?