Sign in to follow this  
gissing canary

cureton? Am I the only one who doesnt desperately want him?

I know he used to play for us, and has some passion (yellow and green hair).

But I feel 500-750k, is way too expensive for a 31 year old, who has an ok track record (does anyone remember Peter Thorne)?  I think it could be a waste of money.  We need 4-5 strikers, i say Brown, Jarvis, Hucks, Martin, and Eastwood/Sharp (as i see only logic that earnie goes), would be fine, i dont see what he would give that they dont?

He is a finisher, and compared to the others we have better, IMO.  Before people talk about proven at this level, look at goal stats.  I worry about 1 good year with a partner who provides, i mean 1 good year in the last 4??  Does anyone remember Marcus Stewart, Michael Ricketts, and the rest, one season does not make a player!  As his other good spells (Reading and Bristol) were in the lower leagues i think.

YearsClubApp (Gls)*
1993–1996
1996–2000
2000–2003
2003–2004
2004–2005
2005–2006
2005–2006
2006–
Norwich City
Bournemouth (loan)
Bristol Rovers
Reading
Busan I''cons
QPR
Swindon Town
Colchester United (loan)
Colchester United
029 0(6)
005 0(0)
176 (72)
108 (50)
020 0(4)
043 0(6)
030 0(7)
008 0(4)
044 (23)   

I do share your concern gissing, while we could do with another striker, i think we should find the extra million and go for either Eastwood or Sharp.

No Gissing, you are not the only one who dosen''t fancy him. It seldom works out when old boys return (Paddon, Fleck etc).

Don''t get me wrong, I always liked the boy but he is not the one to propel us into the Prem

I would rather see maximum effort put into a good young striker, even if we have to go to £3 million.

I''m in complete agreement with you to be honest, I don''t see what all the fuss is about, for a free or £100k, maybe, but £750k is far too much.OTBC!Chunky

Yes you probably are!

So he''s no better than Brown and Jarvis??????

I''d rather have a Cureton who loves the club than a Thorne who couldn''t give a toss!!!

Let''s be real, do you honestly think Sharpe or Eastwood will come to Our Fine City??? Honestly?????

Come back Jamie!!!!!!

He may be a lright for a seaon or so in this division.

He will be ideal for the board, sell Earnie for £5m, buy Cureton for £750k.... you can see where I am going with this one...

so in 463 apperences,scoring 150 goals.a average of 1 every 3.8 games spaning 13 years. just proves he is a natural goal scorer! of course £750000 is to much as it was for howard who is the same age and with a lesser goal average.but at around £350000 he would be a bargain. footballers who score 20 goals a season are worth there wait in gold. people laughed when west ham singed sheringham at 38,but if you know how to score goals no matter what your age you will score!

No gissing, you are quite clearly not alone in your view. I wouldn''t be thoroughly delighted if we were to sign him and especially not IF and thats only an IF Earnshaw leaves as his replacement! Think i might start a keep Earnie campaign.