Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Grant, like Worthy, talks big........but!

Eastwood, Sharp and now Cureton.

All have been mentioned by McGrant as possible transfer targets by the club. Anyone remember a recent ex City boss using the same tactics in an effort to keep the fans quiet?.

Grant talks big, but thats it. So far he''s signed only ''Billy No Marks'' in Lappin, Fortheringwho?, Brown and Ostemthingy. Chadwick''s move was really sorted out under Worthless, so I''ve left our new ''sick note'' out of the list.

Very impressive list there Grant, that lot will certainly get us out of this division, but not in the direction you wanted it to be!.

Read those names again on here...............because thats the nearest you''ll ever see them playing for City.

Or, in your dreams.

Yet another positive post by the smiley face of this forum , If Norwich signed Ronaldinho , Kaka , Eto and John Terry some people would still moan about lack of ambition !

This is your inferiority complex talking here Wiz, not Norwich''s.Let''s just see what the transfer window brings us, shall we ?  We should find out about Sharp this week.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Grant talks big, but thats it. So far he''s signed only ''Billy No Marks'' in Lappin, Fortheringwho?, Brown and Ostemthingy.

[/quote]

Maybe the fact that you had never heard of these players says more about your football knowledge and less about Grant''s pulling power and therefore limits the weight of your credibility?

[quote user="The Sheriff"]Yet another positive post by the smiley face of this forum , If Norwich signed Ronaldinho , Kaka , Eto and John Terry some people would still moan about lack of ambition ![/quote]

Thats a silly arguement sheriff, because we both know we won''t ever sign those players anyway!.

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Excellent wind-up, full marks for creativity.

[/quote]

I would have been more impressed if you could/would answer my points Mr Chimp...........rather than trying to score points again.

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Grant talks big, but thats it. So far he''s signed only ''Billy No Marks'' in Lappin, Fortheringwho?, Brown and Ostemthingy.

[/quote]

Maybe the fact that you had never heard of these players says more about your football knowledge and less about Grant''s pulling power and therefore limits the weight of your credibility?

[/quote]

Tell me with a straight face you think these are good signings.

[quote]I would have been more impressed if you could/would answer my points Mr

Chimp...........rather than trying to score points again.[/quote]As usual Wiz, you choose your subject carefully enough to avoid debate.  Nobody can argue with you that we haven''t seen the best out of Fotheringham and Brown, but we haven''t seen what either of them can do with regular matches and a full pre-season behind them either.  Lappin is a great purchase for 75k.Nobody can argue with you yet about Cureton, Sharp, or Eastwood, because they are yet to sign for any new club.  As we discussed last week, it''s likely that Sharp will go to Wolves to be with his mate Keogh, they have a good understanding as a strike partnership.  Watford may yet put in a last minute bid too, with their enlarged parachute money.I expect us to sign one of these players though, probably Cureton.If we sign Sharp, I expect you to bump this thread and eat your words.

But you don''t make any points! You just moan over and over and over and over...So your either tragic or a wind-up merchant. I hope your a wind-up merchant though cos your funny.

Obviously we wont Wiz so maybe it  wasn''t the most sensible comparison but neither is calling Lappin a no mark when he''s already proved a good edition to the team , I''m not Grants biggest fan but we''ve got to give him and the players hes brought in so far a chance next season most have hardly featured due to injury or played in their favoured position so bit unfair to judge just yet !!!

I didn''t realise you were making a point to answer.

Sorry, but your constant, aimless carping is becoming truly tiresome - We''re not signing anyone, we''re not signing anyone good enough, the club lies, other clubs lie, too cheap, too disruptive, without a shred to back it up.  It''s like if the Daily Express took on human form and spent its days whining on Norwich messageboards.

It seems that nothing, /nothing/ is good enough - unless it''s happening to someone else.

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, I''ve heard of them Konstantin, even seen them play mate, have you?,  but I couldn''t be rat-arsed to spell Fotheringham or Ostemebor, its also called irony.

Its just bad enough that they''re at my club!.

Have I missed something here? It''s just that the calender on my desk says that today is the 15th June.

Why the hell are you slagging the clubs inactivity in the transfer market thus far when there are about ten weeks until the transfer window closes?

Oh and of the players you mention, Lappin looks a decent signing, Fotheringham has been dissapointing so far, Brown''s hardly played and Otsemobor was the best right back in League 1 last year. So, two decent signings, one dissapointment (who could yet come good with a full pre-season) and one too early to judge.

Oh my god, I don''t have at least 6 meaningless threads running on the first page of the pinkun forums...must make up yet another ridiculous provocative rant that nobody can disagree with just to be the biggest kid in the playground.

It is only a matter of days or weeks before we get another ''Im leaving because people are nasty to me'' thread.

Personal attack?  No.  I do  not know you from Adam.  Sick of the endless, unconstructive, lets slag off everything about the club rants?

Yes. 

All have been mentioned by McGrant as possible transfer targets by the club. Anyone remember a recent ex City boss using the same tactics in an effort to keep the fans quiet?.

Grant talks big, but thats it. So far he''s signed only ''Billy No Marks'' in Lappin, Fortheringwho?, Brown and Ostemthingy. Chadwick''s move was really sorted out under Worthless, so I''ve left our new ''sick note'' out of the list.

Very impressive list there Grant, that lot will certainly get us out of this division, but not in the direction you wanted it to be!.

Read those names again on here...............because thats the nearest you''ll ever see them playing for City.

Or, in your dreams.

[/quote]

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Excellent wind-up, full marks for creativity.

[/quote]

I would have been more impressed if you could/would answer my points Mr Chimp...........rather than trying to score points again.

[/quote]

Thats rich wiz. You start a thread which is just a long list of name calling of both players and manager (and even Delia in your signature), and then you expect a sensible debate to follow what is simply schoolboy stuff.

Ok, I''ll give you my reply in the same vein as your post.....

My dad kin foight your dad so there !!!

[quote user="The Sheriff"]Obviously we wont Wiz so maybe it  wasn''t the most sensible comparison but neither is calling Lappin a no mark when he''s already proved a good edition to the team , I''m not Grants biggest fan but we''ve got to give him and the players hes brought in so far a chance next season most have hardly featured due to injury or played in their favoured position so bit unfair to judge just yet !!![/quote]

You make some good points sheriff, but I will never accept that no one wasn''t warned in advanced just how poor Brown was.

Hell, Sunderland fans were wetting themselves laughing that some mugs was actually willing to spend money on this below average striker.

And thats just one example.

If & when Sharp does go to Wolves because he wants to be with Keogh again, will we then be castigated by some for lack of ambition and not signing him?

If Wolves are going to be Sharp''s choice for that reason  (miles wise, Scunthorpe to Norwich and Wolverhampton must only have about 3-4 miles in it but Sharp may, like many before him think we are at the end of the Universe, rather than the more convenient Wolverhampton) then who can blame him-I''d choose working with a close friend if I had the offer of two similar jobs. The problem is, if that happens, Norwich will still get stick from certain people-"missed again", should have tried harder", "all talk as usual", the fact of the matter is, yes, it would be nice if we were signing players left, right and centre, but, however hard we try to do so and make all the requisite efforts, lots of players are simply not going to want to join Norwich and its all very well saying "well we should sell the club to them" but if their minds are made up...as it is, most of them will also have agents saying "...oh, you don''t want to go to Norwich, its out in the country and inaccessible..." because their agents will not want to be arsed about going there either! And a lot of footballers would go for a shit if their agent told them they had to at a certain time, every day...

Hucks was a rarity in he told his agent what to do, remember how his agent said he wouldn''t be joining us, which was totally contrary to Hucks desire.

Again and again, people don''t accept this..BUT, due to where we are in the country, we simply are not a first or even second or even a choice at all to a lot of players, and this is a problem that will thwart the clubs plans and ambitions each and every season. And, with relation to that, does the Management say who they are interested in and what possible targets might be-thus getting you, Wiz to come out with the old "its all talk" accusation, or, do they remain completely schtum at all times, saying or quoting nothing & leading you, Wiz, to start a thread about "how the club aren''t doing anything".

Damned if they do, damned if they don''t and damned anyway!

I thoroughly agree Old Shuck.  In fact I said the same thing last week, but not quite as well.Some people will come on here to moan and wind people up no matter what the reality of the situation is.

In january people were moaning saying that we''d sign nobody and then by the end of the month we had four permanent signing''s and a loan, this just feels like deja vu to me why oh why can''t people just wait. If we actually do sign bugger all players then you''ve won the arguement and we''ll all agree with you.

If we DO sign either Sharp, Eastwood or Cureton, I''ll start a thread where I''ll apologise to Delia, the board, Peter McGrant and the ''pack'' posters on here.

But don''t hold your breath, we''re more likely to sign someone like Lisbie instead of the above trio!.

Utter nonsense from all of you. I have looked into my crystal ball and i can assure you BILLY SHARP WILL SIGN NEXT TUESDAY for 2m and he wont be the last.

1st Wiz - may I congratulate you on passing the 4,000 posts mark. Truely a remarkable feat.

Surely, the more names grant throws forward, the likelyhood of one signing increases? its simple statistics(!)

If we DO sign either Sharp, Eastwood or Cureton, I''ll start a thread where I''ll apologise to Delia, the board, Peter McGrant and the ''pack'' posters on here.

[/quote]Perhaps you will, but it will mean nothing, because you''ll be posting the same old bilge within a couple of days.You always do. It''s old, and very very dull.

Or, in your dreams.

[/quote]

I wasn''t aware that the above trio has exactly signed elsewhere or made known their decision to sign elsewhere. To the best of my knowledge, this trio are still up for grabs, aren''t they?

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]In january people were moaning saying that we''d sign nobody and then by the end of the month we had four permanent signing''s and a loan, this just feels like deja vu to me why oh why can''t people just wait. If we actually do sign bugger all players then you''ve won the arguement and we''ll all agree with you.[/quote]

yea and look WHO we signed, the scraps from the banquet

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, I''ve heard of them Konstantin, even seen them play mate, have you?,  but I couldn''t be rat-arsed to spell Fotheringham or Ostemebor, its also called irony.

Its just bad enough that they''re at my club!.

[/quote]

I think you have a misunderstanding of what irony is ... and you are still spelling Otsemobor incorrectly. Well done for the post count though!

And Ricky knight ... with a completely straight face I can tell you that I think Lappin certainly was an excellent signing. The rest do hang in the balance, granted, but they really do deserve more games before we roll out the gallows.