Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

I'm with Worthy

I know from another thread that the comments from Worthy about the fans last night have been taken to heart by some. I was there last night and in the first half the moaners were having a field day, to the extend that they were booing the players of at half time! - this act helps who exactly?

I must say that from where I was sitting (upper N & P) the Barclay/Snake pit seemed to stay behind the lads through out although one or two from the City stand were also booing.

In the second half the Barclay seemed to turn the whole crowd round to the extent that even the upper N & P were joining in (well the clapping bits anyway)

We all need to get behind the lads and encourage even if things go badly, its down to frustration i know but we must try.
those who have taken Worthy''s comment to heart may be he wasn''t aiming them at you personally but was using the media to get his point across to the minority. A point I''m sure anybody who sits near to the moaners will whole heartedly back

Well said Worthy! - Moaners take note.

I was sitting in the corner of the south stand next to the Riverend! Oh my god the stand was silent throughout the first half, apart from moaning, hissing and booing, i was disgusted with the general attitude in these stands in particular the abuse towards hendo. Its not as if gillingham were all over us, or had any shots on target! Yes we were passing poorly, but as soon as our players got the ball,everyone was on their backs to get it up front a.s.a.p. People only started to cheer once the first goal went in, and even then it was still quiet. Did you see Hendo''s reaction when he created the first goal? Straight over to worthy to give him a hug, for showing faith in him!
The barclay sounded excellent, and even neil adams stated they helped us get back in the game! Perhaps we should just erect speakers in the riverend and southstand and play the boys from the barclay & snake pit!
11 games to go, and bring on the palace!

DD the reason I started another post was that the title of the original was negative towards Worthy as my post states I share his views so started a suppotive post. Apologises if I have caused difficulties it wasn''t intended.

I think we''re all with Worthy.

But at times he''s not the best person at putting his point across in interviews. Last night it sounded awfully like he was blaming the fans for the teams poor performance early on in the game. I don''t believe he actually meant to say that. But it came out sounding like it.

We all know Norwich are generally slow starters, but that''s for the management to sort out. When the players take so long to actually start competing in games you can''t blame the fans for pointing it out. But when it descends into booing and cheap jibes at our own players it''s just not on.

I agree with Worthington that a nervous atmosphere makes the players nervous. But then again, a nervy performance from the players makes the fans nervous. It''s Catch 22.

All I can say is thank god Huckerby has nerves of steel. He reduced the Gills to 10 men, won the free kick for the 1st goal, and set up the third.

So am I....this is monumental run in and nerves will get to everyone, most of these players have never experienced anything like this..and are bound to get nerveous, to support a team is to cheer sing shout..however they are playing...

Did a little graphic if you want a look....it''s here http://carrowroad.net/invision/index.php?showtopic=889