Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Otsemobor Agreed Personal Terms

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

He has had discipline problems in the past.. as indeed has Chris Brown. this is a little bit worrying to be totally honest, the kind of player Grant is brining in seems to be an arrogant one. We could end up like Newcastle.. Too many egos who dont care if this keeps up.

jas :)

[/quote]I really don''t think theres too much to worry about from Grant on the discipline front. He doesn''t strike me as the sort of manager you take the mickey out of, frankly.Hadn''t Huckerby fallen out with Keegan before we signed him? What a let down he turned out to be, eh?This isn''t aimed at you Jas, because you were pretty objective in your comments as usual, but some of the same old fare from the usual suspects on here is depressing.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

He has had discipline problems in the past.. as indeed has Chris Brown. this is a little bit worrying to be totally honest, the kind of player Grant is brining in seems to be an arrogant one. We could end up like Newcastle.. Too many egos who dont care if this keeps up.

[/quote]

I really don''t think theres too much to worry about from Grant on the discipline front. He doesn''t strike me as the sort of manager you take the mickey out of, frankly.
Hadn''t Huckerby fallen out with Keegan before we signed him? What a let down he turned out to be, eh?

This isn''t aimed at you Jas, because you were pretty objective in your comments as usual, but some of the same old fare from the usual suspects on here is depressing.
[/quote]

DID  Hucks fall out with keegan  before we signed him ? first I`ve heard about it !     bad anology !    Hucks V Otsomobor  ? where`s  the comparison ?   Hucks  has some 12 + years  in football  , without ANY  of the crap   that is now associated  with a  guy  who hasn`t been  a pro for five minutes , so to speak .....

My stance is that we have finally got rid of the bad attitude " players "  , and now we are starting to buy  more of `em !    you infer that Grant is able to keep the likes of Otsomobor   on the straght and narrow ?   just HOW is he going to do that ?    he`s a Liverpool and Crewe reject  FFS !   how many clue`s do we need  before  the penny drops ? 

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]

Why do some ''fans'' feel the need to constantly denounce players we sign? 

[/quote]

Er, maybe because they''re cr*p!

Apart from Hucks, Ernshaw and Ashton they have been.

[/quote]

Chadwick, Croft, Doherty, Dublin, Etuhu, Lappin, Safri....

Cr*p the lot of ''em? [:^)][*-)][8-)]

[/quote]

Unfit, fat, shacky, old, inconsistent, ordinary, tired...

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]

Why do some ''fans'' feel the need to constantly denounce players we sign? 

[/quote]

Er, maybe because they''re cr*p!

Apart from Hucks, Ernshaw and Ashton they have been.

[/quote]

Chadwick, Croft, Doherty, Dublin, Etuhu, Lappin, Safri....

Cr*p the lot of ''em? [:^)][*-)][8-)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not much point you going this season then.....

[quote user="sheded"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

I really don''t think theres too much to worry about from Grant on the discipline front. He doesn''t strike me as the sort of manager you take the mickey out of, frankly.
Hadn''t Huckerby fallen out with Keegan before we signed him? What a let down he turned out to be, eh?

This isn''t aimed at you Jas, because you were pretty objective in your comments as usual, but some of the same old fare from the usual suspects on here is depressing.
[/quote]

DID  Hucks fall out with keegan  before we signed him ? first I`ve heard about it !     bad anology !    Hucks V Otsomobor  ? where`s  the comparison ?   Hucks  has some 12 + years  in football  , without ANY  of the crap   that is now associated  with a  guy  who hasn`t been  a pro for five minutes , so to speak .....

My stance is that we have finally got rid of the bad attitude " players "  , and now we are starting to buy  more of `em !    you infer that Grant is able to keep the likes of Otsomobor   on the straght and narrow ?   just HOW is he going to do that ?    he`s a Liverpool and Crewe reject  FFS !   how many clue`s do we need  before  the penny drops ? 

[/quote]

Ok sheded, i''ll give you that he was a Liverpool reject, but that''s not necessarily a bad thing.  But to say he is a Crewe reject?  I think you''ll find he turned Crewe down, not the other way around.  And, from what my Crewe supporting mates tell me, he turned it down because it was derogatory and there was no shifting them on it.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It kindof explains last seasons 15th place finish....

[/quote]

I guess that let''s Grant and the board off the hook then......

not sure how he got inthe teamof the season last year if he hardly played for crewe last year but sounds a great signing has got pace which we need at the back looking forward to seeing him play next season

cant we just give the guy a chance!!

Liverpool reject....blimey thats harsh. In that case then: Huckerby-Newcastle Reject, Gunn-Aberdeen reject,Earnie-WBA Reject, Mackay-Celtic reject,Crook,biwen and Polston- Spurs reject. We can go on all day.

With the exception of Fowler,Carragher and Gerrard who has managed to break through to there first team in recent years?? Im all ears.....

Thing is Temp , all Dario wanted of Otsemobor  is for him to sign a new contract , as this would mean Crewe gets a fee ....   after all thats  how Crewe survive really !  for Otsomobor  to sign  would have  had NO significance  on his transfer prospects  , so I can understand Dario getting pissed off  with him !  

Otsemobor says the proffered terms were " derogatory "  ....   meaning what ?   his valuation of himself   is so much higher  than Dario`s estimate ?   great !  he knows better than  a manager with years of success   ,   Granty will just lerve  managing  a player  with such a high opinion of himself  !  I don`t think !! 

As long as he has ultimate control of himself on and off the pitch it will be nice to see a Norwich player with a bit of "attitude", most winners have it and as long as you (very) occasionally accept that there will be a price to pay (the odd sending off) he will get the crowd on his side and become a real favourite. We have had a team of "nice" players for far too long.

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

[/quote]

It kindof explains last seasons 15th place finish....

[/quote]

I guess that let''s Grant and the board off the hook then......

[/quote]

Well, Grant failed to improve the situation, and the boards lack of ambition and failure to sack Worthy at the right time also had a huge bearing on our last seasons pitiful effort.  But then how many people predicted what would happen pre-season.  Noone on our limited intellect board, thats for sure.

[quote user="sheded"]

Thing is Temp , all Dario wanted of Otsemobor  is for him to sign a new contract , as this would mean Crewe gets a fee ....   after all thats  how Crewe survive really !  for Otsomobor  to sign  would have  had NO significance  on his transfer prospects  , so I can understand Dario getting pissed off  with him !  

Otsemobor says the proffered terms were " derogatory "  ....   meaning what ?   his valuation of himself   is so much higher  than Dario`s estimate ?   great !  he knows better than  a manager with years of success   ,   Granty will just lerve  managing  a player  with such a high opinion of himself  !  I don`t think !! 

[/quote]

Ok sheded, I see where you''re coming from.  The truth is that only Semi, his agent & Crewe know what really happened.  However, I can only pass on to you what I have been told by one of my mates who is quite close to what goes on at Gresty Road.  The contract they offered him was apparently for LESS money than he was already on and included a number of  clauses that the players weren''t happy with.  Billy Jones was in the same boat, hence why he never signed a new contract either. 

Add to that the fact that Semi never settled in Crewe and was unhappy, and maybe you see why he didn''t sign.......

[quote user="Mark .Y."]

As long as he has ultimate control of himself on and off the pitch it will be nice to see a Norwich player with a bit of "attitude", most winners have it and as long as you (very) occasionally accept that there will be a price to pay (the odd sending off) he will get the crowd on his side and become a real favourite. We have had a team of "nice" players for far too long.

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

Cant fault that Mark ....  positive or negative attitudes  !   its up to Otsomobor to prove  that his " cv "   is a red herring  !    and I agree that  the team need  some  dynamite  stuck in its arse  ....  after all ,  a team busting its guts   is what the crowd pays to see  ....   he`s here now , lets see what he`s made of ! 

[quote user="Mark .Y."]

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

Cant fault that Mark ....  positive or negative attitudes  !   its up to Otsomobor to prove  that his " cv "   is a red herring  !    and I agree that  the team need  some  dynamite  stuck in its arse  ....  after all ,  a team busting its guts   is what the crowd pays to see  ....   he`s here now , lets see what he`s made of ! 

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"][quote user="sheded"]

[/quote]

Ok sheded, I see where you''re coming from.  The truth is that only Semi, his agent & Crewe know what really happened.  However, I can only pass on to you what I have been told by one of my mates who is quite close to what goes on at Gresty Road.  The contract they offered him was apparently for LESS money than he was already on and included a number of  clauses that the players weren''t happy with.  Billy Jones was in the same boat, hence why he never signed a new contract either. 

Add to that the fact that Semi never settled in Crewe and was unhappy, and maybe you see why he didn''t sign.......

[/quote]

Its now all in the past Temp ,  the deals done ,  we have Otsemobor for three years ( God help us ! " )   all that remains  is for him to  do the business !   his  future is in his hands .....  [:)]

This is ridiculous, people judging the guy before we''ve seen him play and before he''s really set foot in the club. He''s showing ambition by leaving Crewe fo Norwich! Doesn''t everyone think that this is a good thing?

WELCOME JON OTSEMEBOR IT''S GOOD TO HAVE YOU ON BOARD, I HOPE YOU HAVE A LONG AND SUCCESSFUL CAREER AT NORWICH CITY FC.

[quote user="Cobain18"]

This is ridiculous, people judging the guy before we''ve seen him play and before he''s really set foot in the club. He''s showing ambition by leaving Crewe fo Norwich! Doesn''t everyone think that this is a good thing?

WELCOME JON OTSEMEBOR IT''S GOOD TO HAVE YOU ON BOARD, I HOPE YOU HAVE A LONG AND SUCCESSFUL CAREER AT NORWICH CITY FC.

[/quote]

His ambition was to play for Liverpool !   they didn`t want him .....  neither , it seems did many other clubs  !   so , really , it does look like we`re   stuck with a player   who might well think he`d be slumming it at Norwich ?   I hope I`m proved wrong about him  ,  as has been said , we`ll know  when he`s played enough games .... 

[quote user="sheded"]

His ambition was to play for Liverpool !   they didn`t want him .....  neither , it seems did many other clubs  !   so , really , it does look like we`re   stuck with a player   who might well think he`d be slumming it at Norwich ?   I hope I`m proved wrong about him  ,  as has been said , we`ll know  when he`s played enough games .... 

[/quote]And how many clubs didn''t want Huckerby after a year or two? I''m sure he joined Newcastle cos he was ambitious, but for one reason and another it didn''t work out. Thats the difference between then and now, the moaners used to at least give a player the chance to pull on the shirt before passing judgement, nowadays the knives are out before they''ve even turned off the southern bypass towards Colney. Collectively far too many City fans have taken to behaving like petulant, impatient spoiled children.I hope you''re proved wrong too, but sadly you come across as being likely to gain as much pleasure from all the "told you so"s if you''re proved right.Prove me wrong! [;)]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="sheded"]

[/quote]

And how many clubs didn''t want Huckerby after a year or two? I''m sure he joined Newcastle cos he was ambitious, but for one reason and another it didn''t work out.

Thats the difference between then and now, the moaners used to at least give a player the chance to pull on the shirt before passing judgement, nowadays the knives are out before they''ve even turned off the southern bypass towards Colney. Collectively far too many City fans have taken to behaving like petulant, impatient spoiled children.

I hope you''re proved wrong too, but sadly you come across as being likely to gain as much pleasure from all the "told you so"s if you''re proved right.
Prove me wrong! [;)]
[/quote]

I don`t know how Hucks fits into this  ?   all through his career he`s been a professional  ! he`s taken care of himself  , and has earned  his reputation  !!   whereas Otsomobor   is barely   out of his teens , but already is carrying  some  " baggage  "  , I`m sure I don`t need to  go into exactly what , but its  hardly  encouraging  .....  but if he turns out massive  , I wont complain !    if it goes tits up ? well I`m only human  !  I`ll try hard not to have a little gloat LOL  

flippn'' henry some people on here haven''t got a bloody clue...

We are getting the division 1 right back of the season ON A FREE!!!

What more do you want??? Christ some people...  if he turns out to be crap, so be it.  But we can''t hope for much better a deal than this at the moment.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

flippn'' henry some people on here haven''t got a bloody clue...

We are getting the division 1 right back of the season ON A FREE!!!

What more do you want??? Christ some people...  if he turns out to be crap, so be it.  But we can''t hope for much better a deal than this at the moment.

[/quote]

On a free Foggy ?  aint no such thing !   his agent gets his fee  ,  and he draws what in wages from Jul  1 ?   try to remember that he  can thank Dario Gradi  for rescuing him from obscurity  ( Rotherham , free ,  Crewe , free , Hull city , loan , Bolton , loan , lpool  , trainee , not wanted ,  back to Crewe ..... waits till his contract runs out )       and his thanks for this ?   a two fingered salute !   Crewe , who rely on selling players to survive ,   are robbed of a fee  for his transfer !    I`m  NOT liking what I know of this guy so far ! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In that sense, Dario Gradi and Crewe saved his career. His attitude was a problem from the very start – he came late for pre-season training because he said that he thought there was a longer holiday period – and a good game against Manchester United in the Carling served only to inflate his ego.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See what I mean ? 

[quote user="sheded"]

On a free Foggy ?  aint no such thing !   his agent gets his fee  ,  and he draws what in wages from Jul  1 ?   try to remember that he  can thank Dario Gradi  for rescuing him from obscurity  ( Rotherham , free ,  Crewe , free , Hull city , loan , Bolton , loan , lpool  , trainee , not wanted ,  back to Crewe ..... waits till his contract runs out )       and his thanks for this ?   a two fingered salute !   Crewe , who rely on selling players to survive ,   are robbed of a fee  for his transfer !    I`m  NOT liking what I know of this guy so far ! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In that sense, Dario Gradi and Crewe saved his career. His attitude was a problem from the very start – he came late for pre-season training because he said that he thought there was a longer holiday period – and a good game against Manchester United in the Carling served only to inflate his ego.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See what I mean ? 

[/quote]

So what, we had Thorne do more or less the same to us by not going on loan to Oldham.  Its football these days i''m afraid.  You have to poach players as and when..

As for his wages - again so what, that is the nature of football - at least he is joining us EARLY and after the season starts.  At least he comes here with some pedigree unlike huffer and puffer Hooves for 550K and a huge wage.

Who knows, he might grow up a bit after coming here.  As a lower championship club I can''t see much better from a freebie. And if he does well and wants a move - so be it.