Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Otsemobor Agreed Personal Terms

Set to join us on 1st July. He signs a 3-Year deal with us. He has passed a medical. More on the official site.

a good start...but we really DO need to hear about some others soon.

If its Rae and two or three similar we must prepare for more frustrating lower mid table rubbish

If we could get a Sharp and two or three other promising signings it could be exciting

Oh and why NO news regarding centre backs we DESPERATELY need at least one in my book

I predict...Otsemobor, Rae, Marshall (touted as our ambitious one) and two or three also rans

[quote user="Chris"]

Set to join us on 1st July. He signs a 3-Year deal with us. He has passed a medical. More on the official site.

[/quote]

Wonder what Smudger & co will find wrong with him [:D]

Thats a good signing, i''m glad this one went though, Ostember held rightback in the League one team of the year last year. A great addition to a weakened back line!

Nice going granty, now get Sharp and sign Billy

[quote user="sonnycityfan aka Ginger Pele"]yay
he will be a good sighing
[/quote]

That typo may be more prophetic  than you think  !     all the signs  point to Otsomobor  having a serious discipline problem  , not to mention attitude !   sorry to put a negative on this ,  but I think  he`s going to be a problem .....   [;)]

[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]

a good start...but we really DO need to hear about some others soon.

If its Rae and two or three similar we must prepare for more frustrating lower mid table rubbish

If we could get a Sharp and two or three other promising signings it could be exciting

Oh and why NO news regarding centre backs we DESPERATELY need at least one in my book

I predict...Otsemobor, Rae, Marshall (touted as our ambitious one) and two or three also rans

[/quote]Would Rae be such a terrible signing?  A consistant midfielder may well be what we need to keep Etuhu and Safri on their toes and give us some depth we can rely on.  Its my belief that many of our problems in defence are caused by a weak midfield (though I''m not trying to deny a replacemnt for Doherty would help us enourmously).OTBC!Chunky

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Chris"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m sorry Angel, but the lad comes with a huge attitude an disipline problem, and if anyone thinks that he, like Brown, will get us out of this divison, then they are deluded.

Correction, he might help us get out of the Championship, but only down to the First Division!.

Why let facts get in the way of good old 1stWiz negativity?

I quote Dario Gradi:

"Jon''s performances have been terrific since we fell out over the contract"

"A less honest player might think he ought to let in three goals in that case, but I can''t fault Jon''s attitude when he has played."

Face it, after a few good games Wiz will start telling everyone who''ll listen he''s going to give him a chance...

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]

"A less honest player might think he ought to let in three goals in that case, but I can''t fault Jon''s attitude when he has played."

[/quote]

Would that be the same Mr Gradi who dropped him for the last 5 games because his head ''wasn''t right'' Chimp?.

Stop making it so easy for me!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Chris"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m sorry Angel, but the lad comes with a huge attitude an disipline problem, and if anyone thinks that he, like Brown, will get us out of this divison, then they are deluded.

Correction, he might help us get out of the Championship, but only down to the First Division!.

[/quote]

I dont know much about him, what are the huge problems, I was aware like most of the nation of the background to Chris Brown but not this fella. Can you tell me more? 

I quote Dario Gradi:

"A less honest player might think he ought to let in three goals in that case, but I can''t fault Jon''s attitude when he has played."    Mr _Chimp

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" since we  FELL OUT  over the contract "   !!   doesn`t THAT spell it out ? how do you fall out with a guy like Dario Gradi  ? 

The reality is that Dario Gradi has had several  run ins with Otsomobor !  not least when he strolled in days late for pre season training !     so good for Liverpool that he was booted off to play for Crewe  , AND , no way did they want him back ! ask yourself why ? 

Shot in the arse in a seedy Liverpool nightclub  , disciplinary  problems , attitude problems  , ohhh boy !  [:''(]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]the lad come with a huge attitude an disipline problem[/quote]

That''s a big accusation.  Can you back it up ?

[/quote]

http://www.crewealex.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10414~837952,00.html

But hey, he is only young and this is not a regular problem.  He looks a good signing to me, young and pacey and you can''t ask for much more from a freebie than being in div one team of the season for your position.

Can''t have been that bad a ''falling out'' for him to continue playing until injury led him to be removed from the squad, and then to compliment the guy afterwards when he''d be forgiven for feeling a little bitter.

But hey, why not judge players before they''ve played a game for us, it''s far more productive than waiting to see him perform.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Chris"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

With all due respect, Wiz, let''s put all this players with bad attitudes guff to rest.

If the majority of teams were minus their players with dubious attitudes they''d have to enter a 5-a-side League.

Lee Hendrie, for example, has what could be construed as a terrible attitude, but it didn''t stop him from helping Stoke in nearly making the play-offs last season. 

Hmmm, I guess you could fall out with Gradi for not signing a new

contract he offered you.  How did you think we got/are getting him

for free, when he was in the league 1 team of the season.

No matter how nice the manager, telling him you don''t want to play for him any more will probably piss him off!

Ok, let''s put things in perspective a little, shall we?  I live in Crewe, and the local press has run numerous stories about Semi over the course of the last season.  Yes, he was dropped for a spell after he turned down Crewe''s contract offer.  However, that was Gradi''s decision, and was not at all popular with the fans.  Gradi''s comments about Semi came after he worked his nuts off in training to the point that he could no longer be left out of the team just because of a contract dispute.  The games he missed towards the end of the season were down to a minor injury - nothing more, nothing less. 

The Crewe fans are all gutted that he is leaving and a more than a little pissed off with the club for not doing more to tempt him to stay - although most acknowledge that he was bound to leave for a higher standard sooner or later.

Why do some ''fans'' feel the need to constantly denounce players we sign?  Semi may have had one or two problems as a youth team player at Liverpool, but those were years ago.  All the recent evidence points to him being the consummate professional who just wants to play at the highest level possible.  But don''t let that stand in the way of a good whinge, will you?

Oh for crying out loud people... Give this guy a chance... maybe he was unhappy at Crewe... maybe rumours are false... maybe he''s a passion player like a Keane or Wise... i''m sorry but i''m feeling very positive about this signing even if some of you are not. Take your doom and gloom and move to Scumtown, it''s not needed here.

I''m quite happy with this signing. I feel he could be the first proper right back we''ve had at the club since Edders and Helveg left.

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]

Why do some ''fans'' feel the need to constantly denounce players we sign? 

[/quote]

Er, maybe because they''re cr*p!

Apart from Hucks, Ernshaw and Ashton they have been.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]the lad come with a huge attitude an disipline problem[/quote]

That''s a big accusation.  Can you back it up ?

[/quote]

http://www.crewealex.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10414~837952,00.html

But hey, he is only young and this is not a regular problem.  He looks a good signing to me, young and pacey and you can''t ask for much more from a freebie than being in div one team of the season for your position.

[/quote]

that link about Semmy seems to hint at a breach of his contract.. Crewe should of sacked him for it... Unemployment isnt nice and might of made him think....

He has had discipline problems in the past.. as indeed has Chris Brown. this is a little bit worrying to be totally honest, the kind of player Grant is brining in seems to be an arrogant one. We could end up like Newcastle.. Too many egos who dont care if this keeps up.

jas :)

[quote user="7rew"]Hmmm, I guess you could fall out with Gradi for not signing a new contract he offered you.  How did you think we got/are getting him for free, when he was in the league 1 team of the season.

No matter how nice the manager, telling him you don''t want to play for him any more will probably piss him off!

[/quote]

This is all rather ironic really considering we havent really replaced the best free transfer we''ve ever had since he pi$$ed Worthy off over...........not signing another contract until the ink at had least dried.

I dont care what he has done or not done for other clubs...I just care about this one, just give the lad a few months then judge him for gawds sake

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Chadwick, Croft, Doherty, Dublin, Etuhu, Lappin, Safri....

Cr*p the lot of ''em? [:^)][*-)][8-)]

For Christ''s sake, shall we at least give him a chance before deciding that he is a bigheaded prima donna who is going to get us relegated through his disruptive influence. FFS, at least let''s be fair about it!! I think that Grant will be able to manage him. It is blatantly obvious that his recent problems were more down to a dispute with Crewe than anything else, so lets wait and see. What is the point of doing anything else?!? Look at the way some people reacted to Ashton leaving despite having worshipped him while he was here. And no (Jas [;)]) I''m not saying that the situations are in anyway comparable, just that bad reputations can be earned in any number of unrepresentative ways.  

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Chadwick, Croft, Doherty, Dublin, Etuhu, Lappin, Safri....

Cr*p the lot of ''em? [:^)][*-)][8-)]

[/quote]

He honestly makes it up as he goes along doesn''t he, lol!

What a shameful comment.  Says it all really.

I personally am hoping this freebie will turn out to be a good squad addition. The first of several players we desperately need to make up numbers.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok ok   I`m dead miserable and unfair  to  " pre-judge "   a player   before he`s had a chance to show what he`s all about !   but  , lets face it ,  Otsemobor is now in his twenties , and flaws in his make up wont go away easily !    they  WILL  surface   when things  don`t go the way HE wants  ......   all most of you are actually saying , is that you HOPE  he`ll turn out ok !    ......  that you HOPE   Granty can    " reform "  him  ....... thats all he needs  !  trying to rebuild a team , and playing social worker   to a hard case !!    time will tell ....