Sign in to follow this  
StainesCanary

Isle of White festival

Morning all,

Anyone go to or watch the highlights at all?

Reason I ask is there was a massive yellow and green Canaries flag waving among the crowd and getting plenty of air-time! How chuffed was I seeing that. I didnt see any other Football teams flags, just the typical England St George types and that was it!

So much for little old Norwich!

Oh, alas i didnt go though...

OTBC!

Yes I saw it STAINES mate...

See my friend there is no need for us to be little old Norwich at all...  you often see City fans at such events... I have a clip somewhere of City fans in the front row at Glastonbury a few years back when Arthur Lee & Love were on stage...

Maybe I ought to wear something or take a flag to Wembley this Saturday when I go to see MUSE play... Can''t wait it should be a wicked concert!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

See my friend there is no need for us to be little old Norwich at all...  you often see City fans at such events... I have a clip somewhere of City fans in the front row at Glastonbury a few years back when Arthur Lee & Love were on stage...

Maybe I ought to wear something or take a flag to Wembley this Saturday when I go to see MUSE play... Can''t wait it should be a wicked concert!!!

[/quote]

there was one at Live8 too. I personally think it should be compulsory for each of us to take a flag whenever we go to a concert.

Excellant!

Was great to see it in a crowd as big as it was and on TV too, little old Norwich indeed.. cough cough.. and your right, we do get everywhere, and at Glasto too, awesome..

When I went to see the England U21''s at Wembley, there was a massive one there too with loadsa fans having pics taken outside the stadium, so us Canaries do get everywhere and are proud to wear the colours too.

Muse... Lucky bugger!

OTBC!

Smudger, i am also going down to Wembley to see Muse play on Saturday!are you standing or seated?

I myself am seated and can''t wait, apparently there was a cracking atmosphere at the George Michael concert and Muse are fantastic live so it should be pretty awesome.I will however be wearing my MUSE shirt with pride, rather than my City one.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Love, what an amazing band. I know this is a football forum, but Forever Changes by Love is one of the greatest albums ever made

RIP Arthur Lee

[quote user="AJ"]Smudger, i am also going down to Wembley to see Muse play on Saturday!

are you standing or seated?

I myself am seated and can''t wait, apparently there was a cracking atmosphere at the George Michael concert and Muse are fantastic live so it should be pretty awesome.

I will however be wearing my MUSE shirt with pride, rather than my City one.

[/quote]

Am seated too mate... if I had a pole for it then I would consider taking a City flag.

George Mivhael down here tomorrow night... so as I only live within earshot I may have a listen to him... will be just like City playing at home... I won''t be able to see the action but should be able to hear whether what going on inside is any good or not.

Do you live in Norwich?  How are you travelling to the MUSE gig???

[quote user="DIZNAZZA HIZLOMEZ"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Love, what an amazing band. I know this is a football forum, but Forever Changes by Love is one of the greatest albums ever made

RIP Arthur Lee

[/quote]

Totally agree mate... my Dad is a massive Love fan...

I missed going to the Forever Changes concert with him but saw them a few months before Arthur died here in Norwich... amazing gig and Arthur Lee was such a down to earth inspirational man!!!

''Forever Changes'' and one side of ''Da Capo'' are about as good as any 60''s band gets... absolutely brilliant!!!

Don''t you mean ''Isle of Wight Festival''?By the way, I live 3 minutes away and I never saw the flag. Heard it though and it was great!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="DIZNAZZA HIZLOMEZ"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

RIP Arthur Lee

[/quote]

Totally agree mate... my Dad is a massive Love fan...

I missed going to the Forever Changes concert with him but saw them a few months before Arthur died here in Norwich... amazing gig and Arthur Lee was such a down to earth inspirational man!!!

''Forever Changes'' and one side of ''Da Capo'' are about as good as any 60''s band gets... absolutely brilliant!!!

[/quote]

I was there too buddy,

amazing night at the LCR

Totally agree with you about your comments about the great man.

Hope u enjoy the Muse gig, or it''s more of an event, should be awesome.

I too am going to Wembley on Saturday, although I am standing! I don''t have a flag though and I''ll probably wear my Muse T-shirt.

Good to know so many Canaries have such great taste in music!!!!

I also saw Muse play the Eden Project last summer and they were amazing[:O]

[quote user="Smudger"]

Am seated too mate... if I had a pole for it then I would consider taking a City flag.

George Mivhael down here tomorrow night... so as I only live within earshot I may have a listen to him... will be just like City playing at home... I won''t be able to see the action but should be able to hear whether what going on inside is any good or not.

[/quote]I''m actually standing, i realised what i put after i posted, but of course you can''t edit on here.And i live in North Walsham, i shall be travelling down by train.How about you Smudger?And anything to get a City Flag on the Live DVD which is supposedly being recorded throughout the duration of the weekend!.

I''m standing also. How anyone can remain seated at a Muse gig is beyond me.Apparently the set is 1hr 40 long, "no one''s gonna take me alllliivvvvvveee!"

My mates went, but i missed this one. he reckons it was a bit of a let down but then we normally do as many fetivals as possible. Had to keep money as off to vegas wednesday.

Just a tip to those with music taste. If you get the chance go and watch The Enemy and The Twang.

i''ve actually just got back from the isle of wight festival! (well last night anyway)... it was absolutely amazing

all 3 headliners; snow patrol, muse and rolling stones were all fantastic for different reasons.... the music, the show and the performance respectively

I saw the norwich flag and couldnt believe it.. so of course i went up to him and had a little chat with him, he was about mid-40''s with blond curly hair (if anyone knows him?! haha), actually saw 3 others wearing norwich tops as well, and we were EASILY the best football club represented, haha! saw a couple of saints and pompey fans as well as a burnley top, but yeah was great to see the flag flying high at an awesome weekend

p.s.. if anyone is unsure about seeing muse, have no worry.. even though not all their music is my kinda thing they were still absolutely amazing

[quote user="Millo"]

Just a tip to those with music taste. If you get the chance go and watch The Enemy and The Twang.

[/quote]

not yet seen the enemy although i hope to if they are in these parts soon!

I would of reccomended Larrikin Love, but they split up on Friday after just 2 years and 1 succesful album.. i still have my ticket stub from when i saw them in January at the waterfront. It might be a collectors item now considering it was one of their last gigs....

Dam shame.

jas :)

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

I''m actually standing, i realised what i put after i posted, but of course you can''t edit on here.

And i live in North Walsham, i shall be travelling down by train.

How about you Smudger?

And anything to get a City Flag on the Live DVD which is supposedly being recorded throughout the duration of the weekend!.
[/quote]

Probably on the train also (although I haven''t decided as yet).

What time train are you catching?

I will be travelling down on my own but have to meet up with my brother (another City fan) and several others down there including a Leicester fan and a Wolves fan.

Do you know what time train you are catching yet???

[quote user="Safri15a"]I''m standing also. How anyone can remain seated at a Muse gig is beyond me.

Apparently the set is 1hr 40 long, "no one''s gonna take me alllliivvvvvveee!"
[/quote]

Bit of a bummer having a seated ticket but I don''t think that one person in the 90,000 or however many people there will be there will be seated when MUSE are on stage mate!!!

Well, How amazing was that???

What a band, what a show!!! THE best gig I have ever been to (and I have been to a lot!!).

What did you all make of it?

We were standing on the pitch just to the right of the place where Muse made their entrance. funny really I heard the music and was looking at the stage trying to see them make thier entrance when all of a sudden i turn to my left to see them emerging from a show of ticker tape!! I thought the whole night was amaxing expecially as I got to hear citizen erased live!! and the balloon dancer things to blackout was stunning.

The only downside is it has probably ruined every other gig I''m going to this year!!

Couldnt make it myself despite having tickets but the lucky sods who went in my place said they were awesome,  as did the three other groups who went,  soIcan only assume that either fools seldom differ who they really did rock;   a complete theatrical show where the music remained the star of the night.

It seems the sunday night was a better mix of music that Sat (I was keen to see Biffy Clyro) but all support acts were let down by poor sound rigs. 

To say I am still gutted would be an understatement...

Whenever I seem to watch the cricket on SKY, at England games (usually tour games away to be honest), there are Norwich flags to be seen

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Safri15a"]I''m standing also. How anyone can remain seated at a Muse gig is beyond me.Apparently the set is 1hr 40 long, "no one''s gonna take me alllliivvvvvveee!" [/quote]

Bit of a bummer having a seated ticket but I don''t think that one person in the 90,000 or however many people there will be there will be seated when MUSE are on stage mate!!!

[/quote]Seems like half this board went to one or other of the MUSE gigs! Not surprising given the size of Wembley and the fact they sold out two consecutive nights. I went on the Sunday which i''ll say was better if only for the fact they played BLISS which was not on the tracklist for the Saturday gig! Having said that, i can''t get that excited about gigs at venues of that size. It''s just too big to get a really good atmosphere going and no matter how many watts you have and how many stantions loaded with speakers the size of houses you have, the sound can''t fill it without distorting. 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

... but all support acts were let down by poor sound rigs. 

[/quote]

I hope the sound at wembley''s gigs improves

I thought the sound was poor all round and even muse werent as loud as they should have been - they are definately the very top band around at the moment.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]not yet seen the enemy although i hope to if they are in these parts soon![/quote]

If anyone''s interested, The Enemy play at the UEA on Thursday October 11, and The Twang are also there on Monday October 22.

Wow, first post and it''s nothing to do with football...

[quote user="StainesCanary"]

so us Canaries do get everywhere and are proud to wear the colours too.

[/quote]thats cos we fly lol

Yer i was at the fest guys. Was amazing, good to see the colours flying in the air, had to go up to the man holding it and shake his hand. unfortunately couldnt bring my flag but was wearing my shirt with pride