Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Leicester up to five.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

So Carl Cort a player with probably ther worst injury record of any professional currently playing would be  signing showing ambition. You may as well sign Thorne!!!!!

The Leicester signings look about as good as when we signed Jarret, Thorne, Hughes, Louis-Jean & Robinson........

[/quote]

NO

All leicesters british based signings have at one time or other been recent (last 5 years) premiership players.

Jarret, Thorne, Hughes, Louis-Jean & Robinson were all championship and lower nobodies.

Technicaly thats not correct. Robinson was signed from Sunderland whilst they were in the premiership if my memory serves me correctly! And prior to that played for Portsmouth during their promotion charge and first season in the prem.

And if I am right Louis-Jean had seen premiership action with Nottingham Forrest and Jarret was part of a promotion team so technicaly was almost premiership and would have been if he had accepted the deal they offered him.

As for Carl Cort:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Cort

Whilst I don''t doubt his scoring ability which at Wolves looks fantastic you can not be blamed for looking at the fact that he is 29 and had a career for 11 years and only made a total of 195 appearences since 1996.

As for the other signings - Kishishev could not disslodge Holland from midfield last season and spent a period on loan at Leeds. Whilst again I would not say that he is a bad player I do feel he would just be another Carl Robinson and probably more expencive!

Bruno N''Gotty is a fair bet but then again we now have Dublin who I am sure is going to spend most of the season in defence now that we seem to be building a small army for a strikeforce!

And in fact that is as far as it goes when it comes to Prem exp players they have signed. So I wouldn''t say that I am greatly impressed. One of the other players they signed is 18 and not good enough for QPR!!!!!

Lets face it so far we have made one decent signing (who was at Liverpool not so long ago). If we sign Cureton we get the divisions top scorer, if we get Sharp we get the div bellows top scorer. In some ways I would see Eastwood as the conselationary prize - he didn''t exactly set the league on fire last season although playing with a team around him that were far worse.

[quote user="chicken"]

Technicaly thats not correct. Robinson was signed from Sunderland whilst they were in the premiership if my memory serves me correctly! And prior to that played for Portsmouth during their promotion charge and first season in the prem.

[/quote]

Fair enough, Robinson was a premiership player of sorts (altho he didnt manage to get a point).  Unfortunatly he wasnt a summer signing so I shouldnt have included this idiot.

[quote user="chicken"]

And if I am right Louis-Jean had seen premiership action with Nottingham Forrest

[/quote]

Yes, many many years previously in 88/89 he played in the premiership - the season they got relegated.

[quote user="chicken"]

and Jarret was part of a promotion team so technicaly was almost premiership and would have been if he had accepted the deal they offered him.

[/quote]

Jarrettt played about 16 games in their promotion season - returning from injury.  And having seen him pl;ay on numerous occasions I can only conclude the manager did not.

[quote user="chicken"]

As for Carl Cort:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Cort

Whilst I don''t doubt his scoring ability which at Wolves looks fantastic you can not be blamed for looking at the fact that he is 29 and had a career for 11 years and only made a total of 195 appearences since 1996.

[/quote]

Agreed I wouldnt want him - we already have too many injury prone players at the club.  Still should he stay fit i am sure he would do a better job than Chris Brown at this level...

[quote user="chicken"]

As for the other signings - Kishishev could not disslodge Holland from midfield last season and spent a period on loan at Leeds. Whilst again I would not say that he is a bad player I do feel he would just be another Carl Robinson and probably more expencive!

[/quote]

Kishishev has 150 premiership games!!  Robinson has 7 - ALL DEFEATS!!!!  Get real Chicken.....

That said I have not had a go at all at our signings in this pre season.  I was moanings about the losers brought to our club a couple of years back that someone compared Leicesters decent signings too.

150 appearences in 7 years! Thats about 20 appearences a year and that includes subs appearences etc. Again I said he is undoubtedly a good player for this level but should we get promoted how much use will he be?

I know getting promoted is the most important thing but doing it with players that could then at least provide strength to the squad would be beneficial to someone who is on a downward slope to the end of their career.

There is the Dublin question but right now we need Dublin for being Dublin more than anything else. He lifts the team when they need lifting and does not let their heads drop.

Kishsishev would be the only one they have signed that would even slightly interest me and that would only be to provide cover/competition for Safri in the short term as really we need a younger understudy not an older high wage player. In all honesty I would prefer to see Spillain given more of a go next season.

Must say that Kishishev easy can play at right back too at this posision Kish play for Bulgaria national team last 3 games and I watch all of them was quality.

So reports here in Bulgaria  say that he is on 7500 pounds per week in Leicester and I think this is not problem for us to be payd if player is free agent.

Probabbly that Kish is 32 years old is main problem.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

BBC website

Leicester have made an £800,000 bid for Milton Keynes Dons striker Izale McLeod. (Daily Mirror).

OTBC

[/quote]36 months ago, Leicester couldn''t afford to pay a £50 BT phone bill, and we had a Premiership team. Funny old game isn''t it.

Imagine the signings Leicester would have made if NW had been taken on permanently? 

Perhaps with all their recent signings there might be no room for Darren Kenton - would we allow Darren back?

You''ll never beat the Kenton!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

So Carl Cort a player with probably ther worst injury record of any professional currently playing would be  signing showing ambition. You may as well sign Thorne!!!!!

The Leicester signings look about as good as when we signed Jarret, Thorne, Hughes, Louis-Jean & Robinson........

[/quote]

NO

All leicesters british based signings have at one time or other been recent (last 5 years) premiership players.

Jarret, Thorne, Hughes, Louis-Jean & Robinson were all championship and lower nobodies.

[/quote]

But it could have been said that all the players were signed were of "good championship stock".....

My main argument is around Cort - everyone has (rightly) moaned at what a terrible signing Thorne turned out to be. However, his injury record isn''t as bad as Cort''s and in the previous 2 seasons before signing he had scored a fair few goals whereas Cort has just lurched from one season ending injury to another. If he stays fit then he will be a great signing for Leicester but he would be a poor signing for us.

[quote user="Michael Starr"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

BBC website

Leicester have made an £800,000 bid for Milton Keynes Dons striker Izale McLeod. (Daily Mirror).

OTBC

[/quote]

36 months ago, Leicester couldn''t afford to pay a £50 BT phone bill, and we had a Premiership team. Funny old game isn''t it.
[/quote]

Yeah., but they haven''t got a lovely hotel, a plethora of restyrunts - and a famous major shareholderererererer celebrideeeeeeeeee!.......They''ve only got a short term multi-millionaire, who''s just showing off by splashin'' his feelthy cash to impress the locals.......It''ll all end in tears........of joy, and promotion.....possibly.

Weren''t Derby also in serious debt and going down quicker than Arjen Robben.......they''ve been taught a football financial lesson! Hah! That''ll learn ''em! I bet Hucks is guffawing at his mate Edworthy who has to play (once again) against some of Europe and other incontinents footballing finest.

We''ll have the last laugh, when Derby have too much TV money, and their not being able to visit Scunny, QPR or Colchester - and having to stuff their flea-bitten mattresses, with copious amounts of parachute payments. And unlike ''the foxes'' we''ve still got the Red Card Comedy Club, Scruffy Scores, Posh Nosh at Delia''s and all those unfortunate Prem Clubs'' enviously eyeing our superb Floodlight stanchions that allow some very looky supporters at Carra - a fantastic restricted view that''s well worth the ticket money.

I''m more than happy, that we are only a meagre Â£20+ million in controllable debt, and sincerely hope in the long-term it remains very much so! No bleedin'' Johnny or Joanna foreigners comin'' to Carra and puttin snails, horse flesh, smokin'' beagles, blown veins, corn plasters, illegal derv an'' stuff on the menu - and then wastin'' an'' pumpin'' soiled an'' used euro''s into useless "on the pitch projects" that will only attract the attention of other big business magnates to the club, and heaven forbid (by popular demand) may result in the A47 being dualled all the way (to our source of future playing staff) North of Hadrian''s Wall!

I luvs my Naaarwidge an'' rooral Naarfaalk too much.........also, our synthetic market an'' me Cromer Crabbies......Keep the board Localish! Y''know it makes nonsense.......just like my post.[:|]

Y''all MAD! [8-)]  

They''re now up to six.

From BBC Sports website.

Leicester sign Watford''s Chambers

James Chambers

Chambers spent three seasons in Watford''s colours
Leicester City have signed Watford full-back James Chambers on a free transfer, after he rejected the offer of a new contract at Vicarage Road.

The 26-year-old, who can also play in midfield, has been handed a three-year deal by Foxes boss Martin Allen.

Chambers joined Watford from West Brom for £250,000 in 2004, making 90 league appearances in three seasons.

"Other clubs were involved, so it is good that we have been able to get the deal done," Allen told City''s website.

"James is a player who we have been after for a little while - he can play right-back, left-back or in the centre of midfield."

OTBC

I notice that Southampton have agreed a £680,000 fee to sign Saganowski too. According to the prudence with relegation brigade Southampton were about to go into a Leeds-style meltdown.......

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Michael Starr"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

BBC website

OTBC

[/quote]

36 months ago, Leicester couldn''t afford to pay a £50 BT phone bill, and we had a Premiership team. Funny old game isn''t it.
[/quote]

Yeah., but they haven''t got a lovely hotel, a plethora of restyrunts - and a famous major shareholderererererer celebrideeeeeeeeee!.......They''ve only got a short term multi-millionaire, who''s just showing off by splashin'' his feelthy cash to impress the locals.......It''ll all end in tears........of joy, and promotion.....possibly.

Weren''t Derby also in serious debt and going down quicker than Arjen Robben.......they''ve been taught a football financial lesson! Hah! That''ll learn ''em! I bet Hucks is guffawing at his mate Edworthy who has to play (once again) against some of Europe and other incontinents footballing finest.

We''ll have the last laugh, when Derby have too much TV money, and their not being able to visit Scunny, QPR or Colchester - and having to stuff their flea-bitten mattresses, with copious amounts of parachute payments. And unlike ''the foxes'' we''ve still got the Red Card Comedy Club, Scruffy Scores, Posh Nosh at Delia''s and all those unfortunate Prem Clubs'' enviously eyeing our superb Floodlight stanchions that allow some very looky supporters at Carra - a fantastic restricted view that''s well worth the ticket money.

I''m more than happy, that we are only a meagre Â£20+ million in controllable debt, and sincerely hope in the long-term it remains very much so! No bleedin'' Johnny or Joanna foreigners comin'' to Carra and puttin snails, horse flesh, smokin'' beagles, blown veins, corn plasters, illegal derv an'' stuff on the menu - and then wastin'' an'' pumpin'' soiled an'' used euro''s into useless "on the pitch projects" that will only attract the attention of other big business magnates to the club, and heaven forbid (by popular demand) may result in the A47 being dualled all the way (to our source of future playing staff) North of Hadrian''s Wall!

I luvs my Naaarwidge an'' rooral Naarfaalk too much.........also, our synthetic market an'' me Cromer Crabbies......Keep the board Localish! Y''know it makes nonsense.......just like my post.[:|]

Y''all MAD! [8-)]  

[/quote]

hehehe nice one MELLO [Y]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]I notice that Southampton have agreed a £680,000 fee to sign Saganowski too. According to the prudence with relegation brigade Southampton were about to go into a Leeds-style meltdown.......[/quote]

As it was me that drew everybody''s attention to Southamptons plight I''d just like to point out that I never mentioned Leeds and just thought the comparisons between the clubs could be of interest as we were relegated at the same time and are losing parachute payments at the same time.

Southampton actually got in 6m? for Bale and 400,000 for Cranie. They apparently allowed Burley 680,000 for Saganowski then told him that he has to wheel and deal to sign anyone else.

I keep an eye on Southampton since that thread and this is what was reported on Saturday :-

http://www.thisishampshire.net/mostpopular.var.1509749.mostviewed.different_faces_but_directors_noises_are_still_the_same.php