Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Spend some money on other areas!

I am fed up with all our money that we spend going on strikers! I gether from the latest that Earnshaw will be on his way soon and that we will replace him with a cheaper option? Looks that way to me.Strikers are not the problem with our team as we are fine going forward. Our Midfield and defence is weak and in need of serious strengthening. If Earnshaw is not on the way out then we should be spending this 2.5 Million strengthening the  defence and midfield! I am happy with Earnie, Martin and Jarvis if needed. Sutton could do a job for a couple of seasons if required!PLEASE MR GRANT, the forward are not the problem. I will give you a clue. He is Ginger, No where near as good as Pele and is a disaster! Clear him out first and then build your way up the pitch or the forwards will be wasting there time!

I think that the only player we seem to have signed (or nearly signed) so far is a defender.

I understand the ginger disaster you want cleared out has been given a new contract which is not surprising when you consider how far ahead of Safri he was in the EDP awards [*-)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I understand the ginger disaster you want cleared out has been given a new contract which is not surprising when you consider how far ahead of Safri he was in the EDP awards [*-)]

[/quote]

does that say how well doc did or how bad safri was last season? safri is a great player until the first time he went on international duty then all he does is keep neil reynolds busy! id like us to sign a spine to the team! a goaly,centre half and centre midfielder.

If earny goes then go for sharp.

I do essentially agree that we do need to spend money on other areas, but if (and it is a bif if) Earnshaw goes then it is pleasing that we are going for a player of Sharpe''s quality even if he is unprooven at this level. I would also add that we seem to have a ''Real Madrid'' philosophy about this league (i.e. go for striker after striker) and forget that if for instance we get an injury to either Shackell or Dublin (a striker by trade and a player who won''t be able to play 46 games) we will in my opinion be incredibly short on figures unless Spillane (a player who''s only played in midfield so far under Grant) turns out to be a superstar!!!!.

In my opinion until we realize this we could find real difficuilty in getting a top six finish, barring barely any injuries for the duration of the season.