Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Will Johnson be shackelled at Palace?

Will Worthy stick with Jason Shackell on Sat against Palace? Played the full 90 minutes on Tue and apart from a couple of minor blips he had a good game again. If Drury is still having problems with his hip then I hope Jason gets the nod. Did anyone else see the way he was marshalling the defence at corners, he is definitely a natural leader in the making.

I also thought I detected a little bit of the Huckerby influence when Jarvis came on. He dummied the defender, made his run in the box and had his shot well saved. Let us hope we see a bit more of him in the run in.

Finally, if anyone is regularly watching the reserves, how is young Sinclair progressing? I thought he showed potential when I saw him in a pre season friendly.

I would definitely like to see Shackell play against Palace, he is going to be a player to watch...he improves every game he plays! What do you think will happen if we play as we have done in the last few games (in the first 45min) against Palace? Will the team raise the game from the start? these first 45min have made me so nervous ..but when we return, we play with passion .....but I have faith, with 7000+ we will raise the roof, and hope we give our boy''s the confidence they need to play a winning first half.

Shackell was defensively sound on Tues but does not offer the attacking options that either Drury or Brennan does - my preference would be to start with Brennan if Drurys hip continues to play up.

And with the solid nature of the Flem/Mackay partnership a return to the bench beckons for Shacks...

Whoever is given the job keeping Johnson quiet on Saturday PLEASE do a good job. Don''t think I could bear having to see that truly awful burger-munching routine he does when he scores!!!