Sign in to follow this  
Blainsey

Match Worn Shirts

My mate has had an LFC Robbie Fowler match worn shirt framed and hanging on his wall (the one where he snorted the touch line v everton) for a few years now! it looks awesome and i have been v.jealous.

So, i decided to buy a match worn shirt. Now I would have loved to have got one of Eadies as without question he was my favourite player of all time, but i have spent the last 6 years looking and never come across one, so when one of my top 5 playes of all time''s shirt appeared I snapped it up.

I am now the proud owner of Phillip Mulryne''s match worn shirt. (i appreciate i will get a lot of stick for that last sentence, but i dont care cos i loved him when he was here!!)

I just wondered if anyone else on here owned match worn shirts. If so whose do you have?

Also anyone on here got Suttons boots from the last game of the 92/93 season v Middlesborough when he chucked them into the crowd? That would be a cool thing to have got.

Yes, he was my favourite player of that era Blainsey and I have one of his shirts, which I bought in the auction at one of the Open Days in the past.  It cost a fortune and is rather large, considering how small Darren was.  It''s never worn, but kept as a souvenir, and signed by the whole squad at the time, including the management.  I also have Mark Robins'' shirt from the Europe run. Oh, and I also used to sponsor Adrian Coote, so have his too!

No stick from me for your Mullers shirt.  Everyone has their favourite players....my daughter has Andy Hughes on the back of her shirt    lol

i have safri''s shirt.  he gave it to me at the end of this season just gone and i have it signed aswell. i asked him for it just before the season started at colney and he kept his promise all season!

I''ve got A.C. Milan''s Gianluigi Lentini long sleeved match shirt from 93 or 94 signed by Van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard, Maldini etc. Bit lucky, was going out with a Milanese chick at the time whose father worked for the club. Don''t think there''s been a team like them since...simply amazing. Also, got a shirt signed by Goss (you remember that really tasteful shirt we had 92-93). My pride and joy however is just an autograph from Bryan Gunn, perhaps my favourite NCFC player ever. 

That is aawesome!! Actually i was amazed when my mate got Fowlers shirt as to large it was as well! (my mate also wore it for a 5-a-side kick about before framing it!!).

And Robins too is one of my favourite players of all time, albeit a short career his goals in that first premiership season were both spectualar and important!!

Ah, Blainsey - if you''ve bought it from eBay I''m guessing it was you I was bidding against for that Mulryne shirt then! Fair play, would have liked it myself but didn''t fancy paying that much for it!

Did manage to pick up Scott Parker''s shirt that he wore whilst on loan off eBay a few years back, and a Mark Rivers away shirt (although not so impressed with that one!). Think the best way to get hold of them is at the auction on the club''s open day to be honest, especially if we''ve just had a bad season.

apart from the ones that have been caught in the crowd.. what gaurentees do u have that the shirt is match worn?

i never trust anything like that on ebay

jas :)

Do you know i did wonder if i was bidding against anybody else from here on that shirt! yeah it was quite a lot, especially as when i first saw it it was £12!!

in response to yer question jas, my mate got his lfc shirt authenticated by sotherby''s, otherwise you are just taking a gamble on ebay.