Sign in to follow this  
BBFF

Barclay-Jarrold big screen?

As no real NCFC fan will ever have a seat in the Barclay - Jarrold in-fill, seeing there is no stand, its now an ideal position for a big screen?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

id like to see it.. but sadly we fans dont matter anymore.. a Coroprate "hot shot" in the hotel wont be able to see the pitch and the game for nothing if theres a big screen in the way so will complain.

jas :)

I''m getting married at Christmas and am having my reception in the Top of the Terrace in the Barclay. You can put a message on the scoreboard for the princely sum of £65 - a bit cheesey perhaps.

On meeting with the nice lady at Canary Catering, she informed me that the club hopes to have a new ''scoreboard'' that plays videos and so on ready for the new season. Where they are going to put it, I''m not sure, but if they are flogging it to be seen from the Top of the Terrace for functions, the Jarrold/Barclay corner can''t be the right spot.

I''m curious where they will put it. Somewhere in the ground is always going to be obscured, unless of course. they buy two like the current set up.

Incidently, I shan''t be sticking a video of my wedding on it - a little vomit inducing methinks.

Would be good to have one.

see all the replays and goals

but no chance i dont think becasue it will encure the view of the people watching the game from the hotel windows. 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

id like to see it.. but sadly we fans dont matter anymore.. a Coroprate "hot shot" in the hotel wont be able to see the pitch and the game for nothing if theres a big screen in the way so will complain.

jas :)

[/quote]

NCPLC have shown what sort of fans they want, and its not real true fans. The Prawn Sandwish eaters have killed FOOTBALL......well at Carrow Rd they have.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

Not like you to suggest spending money on a non-team enhancing item BB. It''s not going to generate any income is it!   Wink [;)]

So a gigant TV screen is putting football first?

Just wondering which investments you consider putting football first relates to. Academy / training facilities / match day catering / the state of the pitch / stewarding etc. etc.

Cost, they won''t be paying out for a big screen when we need players to make sure we don''t get into a situation like last season.

Plus the board is more likely to put a second tier on the city stand first.

Perhaps the screen could display Delia and her cookery at her best?

Some of her recipies were simply excellent, and quite easy to follow. Especially pickling with sherry. [B]  [;)]

[quote user="Buffman"]

I''m getting married at Christmas and am having my reception in the Top of the Terrace in the Barclay. You can put a message on the scoreboard for the princely sum of £65 - a bit cheesey perhaps.

On meeting with the nice lady at Canary Catering, she informed me that the club hopes to have a new ''scoreboard'' that plays videos and so on ready for the new season. Where they are going to put it, I''m not sure, but if they are flogging it to be seen from the Top of the Terrace for functions, the Jarrold/Barclay corner can''t be the right spot.

I''m curious where they will put it. Somewhere in the ground is always going to be obscured, unless of course. they buy two like the current set up.

Incidently, I shan''t be sticking a video of my wedding on it - a little vomit inducing methinks.

[/quote]

i got married at carrow rd 4 years ago, and paid for our names to go accross the score board. i had some wedding photos taken near the dugouts with the camera facing the barclay stand, therefore the photos show mine and my wifes names on the score board above our heads. the day was unbeleiveable, married in the board room and reception in the barclay stand, i hope your big day is as memorable as mine was

good luck

The Club is going to have two new scoreboards, this time colour with better graphic capability - essentially an upgrade of what''s at Portaloo Road.  The cost is about £60k, but this will be offset by the ability to generate more sponsorship income because what can be shown is far greater. 

They should be in the same place, give or take, as the existing ones.

The cost of a giant screen, by contrast, would be something in the region of £1m.  Quite how anyone could construe that spending that sort of money on a scoreboard instead of on the pitch is ''putting football first'' is beyond me ...

There may also be a legal issue with placing anything in front of the hotel because the Club doesn''t actually own the land anymore - that was ''sold'' to the hotel company on a 150-year lease for just over £1m.  The reason there''s some space left between the hotel and the pitch is that its restaurant and conferencing facilities are somewhat limited, so there''s a reliance on (and a partnership with) the Club to use the facilities within the ground.  Should the Club ever leave Carrow Road, logically the site would be developed for housing - leaving the hotel with lots of houses around it and no-where to house conferences.  At that point, the owners would simply use the spare land they owned to add the necessary rooms.

The club have also retained some of the land around the hotel, or at least access to it, to allow equipment and lorries into the stadium.

That is why the idea of an infill wouldn''t have been cost-effective.

[quote user="mbncfc"]

The club have also retained some of the land around the hotel, or at least access to it, to allow equipment and lorries into the stadium.

That is why the idea of an infill wouldn''t have been cost-effective.

[/quote]

Are you actually Andrew Cullen?[:|]