Sign in to follow this  
cambscanary

do we actually have a few bob and is it thanks to the new board members?????

Forgive me if i''m being a bit thick (not entriely uncommon) but first theres 2.5 mill being bid for Sharp (lets be honest we all know he''ll go elsewhere but it''s still a bid), and now we''re bidding 500g for Marshall. I thought we were skint???? Does this mean we actually do have a few bob to spend???

Are the new board memebrs actually giving us a few mill to spend but we''re just keeping it quiet so we don''t get overinflated quotes????

I wonder, food for thought i suppose!!

Cambscanary 

[quote user="cambscanary"]

Are the new board memebrs actually giving us a few mill to spend but we''re just keeping it quiet so we don''t get overinflated quotes????

[/quote]

That would be my theory...

I think we have gone in quite low for Marshall. The £500k initial bid is not a lot of money and probably comes from previous player sales and money hanging around in people''s pockets.

The £2m+ offers we''ve been putting in for strikers however hits me as being slightly different. I doubt the Turner''s would have put this money in. Therefore, the only reasonable explanation in my head is Earnie will be off to a Premiership club in time for August for a few million, and we are trying to buy his replacement in plenty of time.

If I''m wrong and being overly cynical, that''s fine. But I feel sure that is not the case....

£6 million profit on transfers was carried forward according to the last accounts. I suspect this was being held in reserve against the loss of parachute payments. With the advent of the Turners I now suspect that this will be released to buy new players.

I hope to be proved right. Fingers crossed, touch wood and a pinch of salt over the left shoulder.

...Or is a replacement being lined up for Earnshaw. A new striker might consider Norwich less attractive after selling their prize asset, so get him in and then sell Earnshaw.

....Just a thought. [:^)]

[quote user="mbncfc"]

I think we have gone in quite low for Marshall. The £500k initial bid is not a lot of money and probably comes from previous player sales and money hanging around in people''s pockets.

The £2m+ offers we''ve been putting in for strikers however hits me as being slightly different. I doubt the Turner''s would have put this money in. Therefore, the only reasonable explanation in my head is Earnie will be off to a Premiership club in time for August for a few million, and we are trying to buy his replacement in plenty of time.

If I''m wrong and being overly cynical, that''s fine. But I feel sure that is not the case....

[/quote]

I think that you are 100% spot on mbncfc...

I would be very shocked indeed if we spent £2million plus on a striker and Earnie is still with us come August!!!

I dont think its a 500k bid, it said that the bid would total 500k. My reckoning is that it is a 200-300k bid with sell ons and performance related pay, ie promotion to prem payouts etc.

Maybe, just maybe the club is starting to show the sort of ambition we have all been calling for.  I for one will be holding back on the optimism.........for now at least...........

[quote user="Blainsey"]I dont think its a 500k bid, it said that the bid would total 500k. My reckoning is that it is a 200-300k bid with sell ons and performance related pay, ie promotion to prem payouts etc.[/quote]

Our ambitious bid was reportedly " one pound per week for the next 500,000 weeks"

As i now understand it, thanks to my links with certain people, it seems (though i may be wrong) that the Turner''s have invested more money into a transfer kitty, it is believed to be 3-4 million though as i say this isn''t 100% true, though it is probable. It would make sense as thje board don''t want to give away to other clubs what we have to spend.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"][quote user="cambscanary"]

[/quote]

That would be my theory...

[/quote]My theory too. Our board always plays the financial bit close to their chests, and it makes sense to do so.As Marshall has just handed in a transfer request, and has stated he wants to come to Norwich, I would expect us to try and get him cheap. He would be an excellent buy.

Hi PETER GRANTS TARTAN ARMY  i posted this in a previous post but it seems to

have been deleted ,anyway you say new link just curious but as you come

from Sheringham you don''t happen to to play for Sheringham CC do you

seeing as C.Sutton is now swinging his bat for the lobsters.

Everybody seems to be suggesting that Earnie is as good as gone but i haven''t heard any teams linked with him since he cam bAack from his injury. Also, he hasnt really proved that he is going to come back the same player following his injury. Also, people of saying we should buy a striker(or whatver) to replace earnie before he goes. To me, that is madness. What happens if we sign this player and he gets injured or earnie gets injured, we would be in a bad way then especially if the money to fund the move came from Earnie''s proposed transfer away!

[quote user="barclayendboy"]

Hi PETER GRANTS TARTAN ARMY  i posted this in a previous post but it seems to have been deleted ,anyway you say new link just curious but as you come from Sheringham you don''t happen to to play for Sheringham CC do you seeing as C.Sutton is now swinging his bat for the lobsters.[/quote]

I do play cricket for Sheringham, but that isn''t actually where i got this from, there might be someone else in the ranks though!

[quote user="mbncfc"]

[/quote]

i wouldn''t mind 500k in my pocket.