Sign in to follow this  
First Jedi

Last Norwich England player...

... to play for England first team and gaining a full cap (even a sub.)

I realise this disqualifies me as a "real fan" - sometimes my knowledge is woe-ful... but I''m desperate to know.

I was thinking that possibly Sutton had left City by the time he was capped (I dunno!), possibly that Chris Woods might''ve been the last player to win a cap. Greeno doesn''t count cos he only got a "B" cap.

i may be missing something , but suirely Robert Green versus Columbia was the last

ob. Green got a full cap against Colombia in 2005.

Most Appearances

Player
No.
England PlayersYearsStartsSubsAppsCaptGoals
914Boyer, Philip John197610100
939Reeves, Kevin Philip197910100
969Barham, Mark Francis198320200
982Watson, David1984-8651600
993Woods, Christopher Charles Eric1985-8612300
1140Green, Robert Paul200501100
6Total1976-20051041400

Notes

When Dave Watson came off the substitute''s bench in England''s match against U.S.A. on 16 June 1985, it was the only time Norwich City had more than one player appearing for England, it was the same match Chris Woods was making his full debut for England.

[quote user="Michael Starr"]

Mark Barham - 2 capsv Australia (a) 1983v Australia (a) 1983

Is that a typo? lol

[/quote]It looks like it, but England Football Online reports there were three matches v Austyralia in eight days - Sydney (June 12, 0-0), Brisbane (June 15, 0-0) and Melbourne (June 19, 1-1). I don''t know which two Mark played in.

think I''m right in saying that the legend that is Darren Eadie got called up four times, but was injured every time.....

[quote user="NCFC - Dundee Division"]think I''m right in saying that the legend that is Darren Eadie got called up four times, but was injured every time.....[/quote]

I seem to remember him being in the squad for the ''la tournoit'' of whatever it was called about 10 years ago, when  he was still a Norwich player.

"Right about what?"

Can you not read the first two posts? Vince suggested I was right? Turns out he (and I) were wrong, but thats okay!

Thanks for everyone for clearing that up! Ta! I''d totally forgotten about Greeno in the Colombia game!