Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

Sharp will talk to us

Billy Sharp has confirmed he would like to talk to all interested clubs.  So now it''s down to Grant and co to sell him the club.  On a side note I think John Sutton is well worth a look on a free and in Lappin we have someone who should be able to convince him.

I think to a certain degree, you are correct, I can''t forsee any reason why Billy Sharp wouldn''t discuss the possibility of a move with us. However the only statement that I have seen from Sharp about all the speculation is from http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1786_2162723,00.html stating that:

"I have had enough about all the talk to be honest." and "It is great other clubs are interested and if the right club comes in I would like to speak to them".

He''s a Sheff Utd supporter. Word on the street is that he is waiting for them to come in for him.

[quote user="ricardo"]He''s a Sheff Utd supporter. Word on the street is that he is waiting for them to come in for him.[/quote]

Isn''t that where Scunthorpe signed him from?

Jim Kent said:

Billy Sharp has confirmed he would like to talk to all interested clubs.  So now it''s down to Grant and co to sell him the club.  On a side note I think John Sutton is well worth a look on a free and in Lappin we have someone who should be able to convince him.

I suppose this is an indicator of how far we have sunk - as also of the successful dumbing down of expectations by the NCFC board.

John Sutton would have to be convinced to join us. Good grief.

What next?

OTBC

[quote user="ricardo"]He''s a Sheff Utd supporter. Word on the street is that he is waiting for them to come in for him.[/quote]

possible.. but it was them who released him for being "not good enough" all those years ago... would be 2 fingers up at them if he signed for someone else and scored against them next season wouldnt it?

jas :)

Exactly Jas and why would he want to go back to a club who didn''t think he was good enough surely he would be better advised playing for a different club and proving Sheff Utd wrong.

[quote user="Chirping Canary"]

I think to a certain degree, you are correct, I can''t forsee any reason why Billy Sharp wouldn''t discuss the possibility of a move with us. However the only statement that I have seen from Sharp about all the speculation is from http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1786_2162723,00.html stating that:

"I have had enough about all the talk to be honest." and "It is great other clubs are interested and if the right club comes in I would like to speak to them".

[/quote]And it''s that sort of reply from Sharp that makes me think he is not interested ,if he was he would have jumped at the chance to talk, i bet if it was Man utd he would been at old trafford like a shot.

I doubt Sheff Utd would go in for him anyway, if he cost 2.5 million then they would have lost a few years out of him and basically given Scunthorpe 2.4 million and a few seasons from Billy Sharp.