Sign in to follow this  
San Miguel

Roy Carroll anyone?

He''s been released from West Ham and as far as I know he doesn''t have a new club yet.

Wages might be an issue but I think he''d be a decent keeper to get on a free transfer.

[quote user="jetstream"]I think there''s more chance of us signing Michael Carroll [/quote]why wouldnt he come here? there isnt a prem team that would have him 1st choice or a top 3 championship team, so us, with the ambition and the ''re-building '' were gunna do he might come (only if marshall does not come)

As I said when this was raised a few days ago, NOOOOOOOO Thanks.  A nice enough person but has dropped enough clangers elsewhere without giving him a chance to repeat them here.  We know we need a good keeper and David Marshall is our first choice.  If he is denied us then let us go for someone younger with the hunger to succeed and be proud to play for us and fight ot out with Joe Lewis in the years to come.  Tony Warner is a capable if uninspiring keeper, looking good when compared with the other custodians of last season, who would do a reasonable short term job if the price is right.  Better the devil you know.......!

Anyway at the moment I have enough confidence in Peter Grant to choose wisely whilst having his first opportunity to fashion the squad of his choice.  Like him or not give the man a chance please.

no way, makes mistakes, and now the whole gambling addiction!  and he was one of the players most highlighted for not caring at all about west hams plight, sounds like has a few issues, so let him go somewhere else.

Laughable - Gallacher or Carroll?    Carroll every time,  how can anyone turn their nose up at him?  He is good enough for any promotion chasing side in the champs;    Name me a prem keeper who has not made several high profile blunders.

Talk about wet sham fans being arrogant!

He may not be the best fit for us but he is a viable alternative.

"why wouldnt he come here?"

Because he sees himself as a Premiership keeper and he''s almost certainly on very hefty wages.

I''m guessing he''d rather go to a Fulham, Boro or similar and sit on the bench.

...and he''s not Scottish!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Laughable - Gallacher or Carroll?    Carroll every time,  how can anyone turn their nose up at him?  He is good enough for any promotion chasing side in the champs;    Name me a prem keeper who has not made several high profile blunders.

Talk about wet sham fans being arrogant!

He may not be the best fit for us but he is a viable alternative.

[/quote]

If you are happy with mediocrity and liability as your last line of defence, then great. But Masrhall, Warner, Lewis, CAmp, are more than viable alternatives. Every keeper hasd made bluinders - who hasnt. But it gets to the stage when you are looking at signing a keeper who can have a whole video dedicated to them, then its time to stop and think. I dont think this is arrogant. I only want the highest calibre of players at my club........